Official Fallout New Vegas Thread

Re: Official Fallout New Vegas Thread

Postby dazzafett » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

BTW for those of you that have not played Hard Core Mode yet or for those that have but not yet realised......

Obviously now that Ammo has weight you have to be very careful about how much you can carry around with you rather than in FO3 being able to just carry everything even if you don't use it very much.
However the introduction of the Ammo Bench where you can craft, change and customize your ammo has a hidden advantage.
When you break down all ammo into its individual components it then has no weight.
So make a habit of picking up ALL ammo as you find it but then just break down anything that you will not need to use for awhile and just carry the components around with you instead until you do.
This way you will always have a good supply of components to make which ever ammo type you favour at that point in the game.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Just feel the need to complain about this; I just managed to sneak up on a nest of Fire Geckos. Being a stleahty sort, I pulled out my Hunting Rifle and took out most of them with sneak critical headshots, and dealing with any who decided to have a go at barbequeing me. After I successfully killed the closest lot, I start moving up to take out the ones on the other side of the hill, when I notice I left one behind. So I crouch behind a rock and fire a few shots at his head.

Nothing happens. I figure I might just be missing, even though the iron sights are lined up, so I switch to my Varmint Rifle, which has a scope. Line up the headshot neatly, pull the trigger, nothing. Fire again, nothing. Irritated, I switch to my Service Rifle and start walking up to it, shooting it as I walk. Still, nothing happens. I get to a matre away from him, and he's running at me, but seemingly stop. My shots still aren't damaging him at all, even at this range. Had to whip out the Rebar Club to finish the job.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nemsis66 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Has anyone found a good shop any where, for ammo gun, repair etc because i cant find a good one any where. Been looking for one like the one in Fallout 3 in Megaton
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm

At the moment the Crimson Caravan Company, Gun Runners and the Silver Rush look good at the moment.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Also, another glitch warning; don't run any missions for the Legion when you're travelling with Boone, if possible. It leads to a glitch where he'll constantly try to talk to you, and let me assure you it's damn annoying. On top of that, sending him back to the Lucky 38 means that he might dissappear because of how badly that place is glitched. Ridiculous, one problem after the other.
I'm told you can fix this by attacking the Legion camp in question with him, but I have yet to verify it.

Edit: And in what is most probably another glitch, I've been forced to kill Victor after he and every other droid in New Vegas turned hostile. Can't go into the Lucky 38 until I figure out how to circumvent this.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby xtreme2494 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:14 pm

nemsis66 wrote:Has anyone found a good shop any where, for ammo gun, repair etc because i cant find a good one any where. Been looking for one like the one in Fallout 3 in Megaton

You can get 100% repair from some NCR guy at the Mojave Outpost. There is also the companion Raul. You can find him imprisoned by Super Mutants at Black Mountain.
xtreme2494
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bustagamez » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 am

Musashi1596 wrote:Also, another glitch warning; don't run any missions for the Legion when you're travelling with Boone,

I was on good terms with the legion untill I recruited Boone and accidently entered Cottonwood to trade NCR dog tags for ammo and he ended up killing the whole village before I could stop him. needless to say I kept the bad rep with legion and turned the Khans aginst them by setting them up to kill the khans (mission in Red rock) so now I have the khans and NCR working together. :D

~ I roll with Reinforced Leather armor, Anti-material rifle, Sniper rifle silenced, hunting rifle and Love and hate as my 4 weapons of choice. just hit lvl 30 and have never touched the strip yet! :twisted: :twisted: I have no idea how much longer I can go without touching the strip but the missions keep piling up and I hope the lvls go higher than 30 B/C I need it to! :biggrin:

P.S. the game is much TOO EASY if you roll with Boone and Ed-E in your squad. 2 BAMF right there!
bustagamez
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby dazzafett » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:46 am

bustagamez wrote:
P.S. the game is much TOO EASY if you roll with Boone and Ed-E in your squad. 2 BAMF right there!

What Difficulty setting are you playing on Busta?
After dropping down from Very Hard to Normal i am thinking of turning it back up one notch to Hard.
I have still not had time to play too much yet and am still a low level but even with weak guns normal doesnt really seem to provide any sort of a challenge at the moment. Maybe that will change when i start getting tougher enemies.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Previous

Return to Fallout