AAA on the way to Plus

AAA on the way to Plus

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:57 pm

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine. ... -features/

Apparently we are actually going to start seeing proper games on Plus this year. Which is pretty good to know, because I think the selection so far has honestly been rather poor. We've had literally one game that has had a platinum. Two if you count today's Dead Nation, which is little more than an update to a game we got free ages ago. Outlast was good, but over in hours. Wonder what sort of games we will get.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: AAA on the way to Plus

Postby Arnold Sideways » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Looking forward to going back to Dead Nation. Good game, and quite hard at points. That Graveyard was horrible.

Still haven't looked at Outlast or Contrast, but I'm hoping to get round to those at some point. Reckon there'll still be games like Resogun down the line that were released straight to plus?
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Well, I'm expecting Drive Club on PS+ in the next couple of months. Apart from that I think it's anyone's guess as to what we will get.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby saint1970 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 am

Gotta say all the games imo up to know have been shite. Cos im now a tight arse I only have bf4 on ps4 so rely on the freebies and demos to keep me goin. I want Infamous 1&2 and borderlands 2 on ps4 else im gonna be a mardy sod
saint1970
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Treehugger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Plus for PS3 this year has been outstanding plenty of good games that I wanted to play, but didn't feel like spending money on. Remember me, Metro, Tomb Raider, Even Binary Domain is a little fun and interesting. Also gave us Bioshock Infinite

PS4 however.....yeahhhh Outlast so far has been the only game which I felt was rewarding and worth anything ( Resogun is pretty fun too). I don't mind the supply of indie games, but I was hoping for new ones or at least different ones. Especially with Dead Nation which was a free game for PS3 users after the hackage. To be honest besides BF4 which is my only PS4 game left since I sold the rest, I'm only on PS4 to try whatever free games they give which are fun for a few hours, maybe days and then they are ehhhh. I was personally hoping for Journey everyone always says that's a great game, but never touched it. I don't need the games to be triple AAA, I just need them to be better then what they have been giving us.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby assassinof1337 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 am

Treehugger wrote:Plus for PS3 this year has been outstanding plenty of good games that I wanted to play, but didn't feel like spending money on. Remember me, Metro, Tomb Raider, Even Binary Domain is a little fun and interesting. Also gave us Bioshock Infinite

PS4 however.....yeahhhh Outlast so far has been the only game which I felt was rewarding and worth anything ( Resogun is pretty fun too). I don't mind the supply of indie games, but I was hoping for new ones or at least different ones. Especially with Dead Nation which was a free game for PS3 users after the hackage. To be honest besides BF4 which is my only PS4 game left since I sold the rest, I'm only on PS4 to try whatever free games they give which are fun for a few hours, maybe days and then they are ehhhh. I was personally hoping for Journey everyone always says that's a great game, but never touched it. I don't need the games to be triple AAA, I just need them to be better then what they have been giving us.

I really hope Journey makes it to PS4. TGC's previous two games(Flow and Flower) both made it to Vita and PS4, so hopefully they are just working on it.
assassinof1337
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 am

Just because a game is triple A big budget, doesn't mean it will be great. Personally I found Don't Starve to be far more entertaining than Bulletstorm for example. I've seen so many people miss out on the experience of these indie games because they don't have state of the art graphics, it's a real shame.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Just because a game is triple A big budget, doesn't mean it will be great. Personally I found Don't Starve to be far more entertaining than Bulletstorm for example. I've seen so many people miss out on the experience of these indie games because they don't have state of the art graphics, it's a real shame.
Personally preferred Bulletstorm, but fair enough.

People who forego a game because of its graphics need to have their head examined, but I think the appeal with AA games here is simply substance. Like, the game I have most enjoyed from Plus so far has been Outlast; indie game, but with excellent graphics I might add. However, it was over in mere hours, and there was no replay value. AAA games *usually* have more life to them.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Just to pi$$ Saint off i recon one of the big named titles to arrive on PS+ later this year will be BF4 LOL

I like Indie games too and still love playing retro games so graphics are not an issue for me. Im not too worried about replay value simply because i have so much back log on all the different systems anyway but i certainly prefer a game to offer more than a few hours worth of game play.

At the end of the day tho they are free so i am not going to complain too much as across all 3 consoles i get more value for money than pretty much any other form of entertainment.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Return to Sony Entertainment Network