PSN down again? Blizzard, Riot And others hacked by hackers?

PSN down again? Blizzard, Riot And others hacked by hackers?

Postby AceofSpadesX131 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 am

sup u all its Ace again

I read this article today (http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... y-hackers/)

I know that this may sound ridiculous but frankly, this is embarrassing to Sony.

After reading this article, I believe that someone in Blizzard's/Activision's company is being the asshole and targeting Sony for not providing them dedicated servers. I mean look at Microsoft, have they been targeted by this nonsense? No, and that is because Microsoft have provided them the cash they need to give true "gaming" experience to the WoW, Starcraft, and all of those players alike. This may be far fetched, but take this as a fictional consideration.
AceofSpadesX131
Private
Private

Re: PSN down again? Blizzard, Riot And others hacked by hack

Postby SmellyUndies » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:28 am

First off. Hackers is a really incorrect term to use.
These guys aren't doing any hacking per say.
It's called a DDoS attack, essentially they are sending millions of packets of data to the Sony and everyone elses server.
Think of it like going to a website and hitting the refresh button a 100,000 times a second.

Also, this was an attack of a hacker/DDoS troll called LizardSquad, these kind of guys have existed before.
And that consideration should kind of be completely ignored from a technical and business standpoint.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby deathbynumbers » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Didn't whoever it was also call in a bomb hoax on the plane the President of SOE was on? Doubt that would be someone from inside Blizzard/Activision. Means they'll most likely catch them quicker though so that's good.
deathbynumbers

Postby SmellyUndies » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 pm

The problem with the hoax being posted online.

Is it got posted online, behind many different layers of security protecting the kid.
Making it a lot harder to trace back.

But if he gets caught, he'll have *fun* in federal prison.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Bugs me to see so many people outraged over Sony being 'hacked' again and wanting free games. Anyone can be a victim of a DDOS attack. In fact I hard Live got targeted too, though it started just before I went to bed so I don't know how it went down. And I definitely can't see Blizzard nuking servers just after Diablo 3 being released.

Hope they get caught and pay the price. Taking the network offline was one thing, but a bomb threat? That's some serious shit.
I'm still not sure of the reasons behind the attack. I saw them cite the fact they aren't putting money into protection against DDOS but that's not exactly a feasible thing to expect.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

PSN and Xbox both suffered from this, along with other popular online games. Clearly the work of jackasses.

It's one thing to DDoS a system... there's really no law in overloading a company's servers that would get this fucktards in trouble. But the bomb threat will earn them some well deserved jail time if they're caught and live in the US. Chances are they don't live in the US, and knew they could get away with something like that.

But if they DO live in the US and are stupid enough to get caught, that's a 5 year minimum federal sentence... It's 5-7 years prison time, with 5 years mandatory. And that's if the government doesn't throw the book at them with terrorism charges which would really keep them in jail. (personally, I would just execute them firing squad style)
jloco11

Return to Sony Entertainment Network