Page 8 of 10

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 pm
by Mi2Lethal
Musashi1596 wrote:
Mi2Lethal wrote:Bought MGS 5 when it was on sale not too long ago (I've yet to play it). Then I found out it's the PS+ game for October!

Always the way, isn't it?

I didn't really like MGSV that much, to be honest, but at least we're getting an actual full game this month.


They better give us good games from now since they jacked up the PS+ prices as well. The past couple of months have been good at least on the PS4, hope they keep this going in the future.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 am
by Lieutenant Fatman
I dunno, I often preferred the indie titles ps+ gives. Rocket League being the most obvious example. MGS5 doesn't hold a candle to previous MGS games. And none of the recent so called triple A games have been much to shout about either. Being given a retail game which you would have played two or three years ago had you any interest in it, isn't exactly what I'd call a great deal.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:25 pm
by Musashi1596
Lieutenant Fatman wrote:I dunno, I often preferred the indie titles ps+ gives. Rocket League being the most obvious example. MGS5 doesn't hold a candle to previous MGS games. And none of the recent so called triple A games have been much to shout about either. Being given a retail game which you would have played two or three years ago had you any interest in it, isn't exactly what I'd call a great deal.
To be fair, the indie games for the past few months haven't been great either. Probably the last good one we got that comes to mind is Killing Floor, besides Child of Light recently. The other month we got a fucking Assassin's Creed game; not indie, just with an indie price tag.

Give me something like Shovel Knight and I'd be really happy. Some of my favourite PS Plus games have been indie offerings, like Rogue Legacy, but it is hard to argue against the fact that we do usually get shovelware that nobody cares about. Is anybody going to play Monster Jam Battlegrounds? Did anyone play We Are Doomed?

I am reluctant to use the AAA moniker but shall we say that full priced games would be better reflective of the increased charge for Plus, and at least one a month (like they used to offer) would be a strong showing.. The problem is that the recent offerings have been terrible choices. MGSV, Infamous Second Son and Just Cause 3 made up the last three months, and they are all sequels to games that were previously on Plus. It is incredibly likely that anyone who gave a shit about them already bought them. I mean, I'm not opposed to sequels in entirety; I'd love XCOM 2, for example, but three months in a row is excessive.

Before that we got Until Dawn, way back in July, which is exactly the sort of game we would ideally be getting. A hidden gem that many people would not have played or even known about had it not appeared on Plus. They also did a good job with giving us RIGS, I think, but I know a lot of people will be unable to play it.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 pm
by Lieutenant Fatman
I agree Until Dawn was a solid catch, was happy witht that. I expect XCOM 2 will land on PS+ eventually seeing as the first one did but it take a fair while as I recall.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:42 am
by Mi2Lethal
You can't really make an argument for some of the indies they've given us either, I'd rather get a 2 year old triple A game than the majority of indies we've got this year and last year. Rocket League was good but that was back in 2015, the only indies that i personally liked were valiant hearts, journey and this war of mine little ones and killing floor 2, that is a span of 3 years.

I am not saying that every triple a games we've gotten was amazing either but certainly better than the majority of indies, at least in my book. But at end of the day it comes down to everyone preferring different things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 pm
by Musashi1596
Mi2Lethal wrote:You can't really make an argument for some of the indies they've given us either, I'd rather get a 2 year old triple A game than the majority of indies we've got this year and last year. Rocket League was good but that was back in 2015, the only indies that i personally liked were valiant hearts, journey and this war of mine little ones and killing floor 2, that is a span of 3 years.

I am not saying that every triple a games we've gotten was amazing either but certainly better than the majority of indies, at least in my book. But at end of the day it comes down to everyone preferring different things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Personal preference only goes so far. There's been plenty of games that I think are good offerings, whether or not I am personally interested is inconsequential.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm
by Mi2Lethal
Musashi1596 wrote:
Mi2Lethal wrote:You can't really make an argument for some of the indies they've given us either, I'd rather get a 2 year old triple A game than the majority of indies we've got this year and last year. Rocket League was good but that was back in 2015, the only indies that i personally liked were valiant hearts, journey and this war of mine little ones and killing floor 2, that is a span of 3 years.

I am not saying that every triple a games we've gotten was amazing either but certainly better than the majority of indies, at least in my book. But at end of the day it comes down to everyone preferring different things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Personal preference only goes so far. There's been plenty of games that I think are good offerings, whether or not I am personally interested is inconsequential.


That is true. What i was trying to say is that between a really good indie game and a really good triple a, I'll always prefer the triple a.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm
by Musashi1596
This months;
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -november/

I've actually had my eye on Dungeon Punks for a while, it's been sat in my wishlist. If anyone is interested in playing it, give me a shout.

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:10 am
by Musashi1596
Musashi1596 wrote:This months;
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -november/

I've actually had my eye on Dungeon Punks for a while, it's been sat in my wishlist. If anyone is interested in playing it, give me a shout.
Although, having actually watched the trailer... Kinda looks like a free flash game

Re: PS+ for the next few months

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm
by Mi2Lethal
A forgettable month for me, except Rush of Blood but i don't have PS VR!