Fire Controller Trophy

Fire Controller Trophy

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 am

Is anyone still playing this game and getting the Cruise missile? If so how?

I'm 37 hours of online play with this game and so far managed to make a score chain of 400+ once. I need 700 for the cruise. I've seen lots of boosting threads but would like to do it legitimately.

BTW, I understand this was much easier to get when the game was new and there were loads of n00bs playing it. Now it just seems to be full of vastly experienced players....and me!
gigitygigity

Re: Fire Controller Trophy

Postby jack_t_lad » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:37 am

I got it easily by sniping and being completley oblivious to objectives (i.e being a cunt).

I don't really know what to suggest fella - if it would help I could hop online with you and just sit around protecting you while you snipe away.
jack_t_lad

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 am

I've just seen a video on youtube and the fella gets it with only 6 kills. Apparently, the further the distance the more points you get for a head shot. He got 200+ points for one kill cause of the distance. I'll give that a go I reckon.

Sitting still for a long time isn't really my cup of tea. But this trophy is bugging the shit out of me now due tot the fact that I'm not even getting close to it.
gigitygigity

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am

200 points for a long headshot?? Bit of a jump from the 15 it used to be, tbh I never noticed that ever and I find it hard to believe you'd get such an increase.

I just camped outside the other teams spawn on that bunker map, worked out ok eventually, other team were shocking though.
deathbynumbers

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am

deathbynumbers wrote:200 points for a long headshot?? Bit of a jump from the 15 it used to be, tbh I never noticed that ever and I find it hard to believe you'd get such an increase.

I just camped outside the other teams spawn on that bunker map, worked out ok eventually, other team were shocking though.

This is my problem, I'm generally the shocking part in the team. lol

I've seen the video and it looks legit, but TBH I can't say I've ever noticed anything more than 15pts myself either.
gigitygigity

Postby jack_t_lad » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 am

gigitygigity wrote:I've just seen a video on youtube and the fella gets it with only 6 kills. Apparently, the further the distance the more points you get for a head shot. He got 200+ points for one kill cause of the distance. I'll give that a go I reckon.

200 for long range??? not when I played it - I can honestly say I have never got over 600 points or whatever it was without at least a kill streak of 20 odd.
jack_t_lad

Postby gigitygigity » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am

Well I tried out this theory yesterday and there is no question you get shit loads of points for long distance headshots. The further the distance the more points. I think for one I got about 170pts for one head shot!!

Did I get the trophy? Of course not. It's the usual problem, too many snipers on the opposition team. I just can't stay alive long enough.
gigitygigity

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am

Damn they must have changed that because I'm pretty certain it wasn't like that when the game came out. Tbh I can only see that as a further negative for the game, it was bad enough being spawn raped continually by a sniper you couldn't see, now they reward them with higher points?? Lmao you only really need what 3/4 kills now then? I can't see you being stuck for the trophy much longer then!

Just realised I only ever looked at the score that flashes up on the center of the screen +10 +5 etc. It seems there is a discrepancy between that and what is recorded for the kill in the lower right hand corner count. I cant say for certain that wasn't happening when I played.
deathbynumbers

Postby gigitygigity » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:14 am

Hopefully not. I sat in the same lobby all night though which was probably a mistake. Next time if I'm continually being countered then I'll find a new lobby. Although it seems everyone was trying to do this last night. lol

TBH, I had kinda noticed before that my scorechain had jumped inexplicably but didn't think much of it not knowing the game that well.
gigitygigity

Postby dahawk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Ive never gotten it, i gave up after they fixed sniping. The highest i've gotten to is the strafing run, the game usually ends before I get a good streak going.
You pretty much need stupid enemies and stupid team mates.
dahawk

Next

Return to Medal of Honor