Platform(s): PS3,Xbox 360, PC
Release Date: November 16, 2010
Genre: Action
Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

[size=75]Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Boxart

Single Player

Story

-The game picks up right where AC2 left off (1499) with Ezio in the vault having just met Minerva.
-He returns to Monterigioni to rest and take a break, however, after a surprise Templar attack on the town of Monteriggioni, led by Cesare Borgia, the Assassins are brought to the verge of extinction, and the Apple lost.
-Ezio fights to defend the villa but is ultimately defeated and wounded.
-With Ezio's uncle Mario dead and his villa in ruins, Ezio travels to Rome, center of corruption and power and home of the Templar Order in Italy in order to regain the Apple of Eden and bring the Templar Order to its knees once and for all.
-There he will rebuild the assassin brotherhood to assist him and save Italy.
-The story missions are said to contain more exotic gameplay moments.
-Story missions will be re-playable this time around.
-Desmond's story will also be continued.
-Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will include new features, especially small gameplay add-on (i.e.: the flying Sequence in Assassin's Creed II, different from the rest of the gameplay).

Assassins

-Ezio Auditore da Firenze returns, now a legendary master assassin is determined to revenge the death of his uncle and bring the reign of the templar in rome to a end, and this time he's brought friends.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=acbeziorender.jpg]Image[/url]

-Mario Auditore becomes wounded and captured by Cesare. Mario walks back to the city, but collapses at the city gates, followed by Cesare Borgia and his lieutenants. Cesare, holding the Apple in his hand, shoots Mario as an 'invitation' from his family to Ezio's.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=Mario.jpg]Image[/url]

-Niccola di Bernardo dei Machiavelli is an Italian philosopher, writer, diplomat, political philosopher, musician, and playwright, but foremost was a secret member of the Assassin's Order, and the leader of the Florentine Republic.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=250px-Zw-niccolomachiavelli.png]Image[/url]

Knights Templar

-Rodrigo Borgia born Roderic Llançol, later Roderic de Borja i Borja, was the leader of the Knights Templar during the Renaissance in Italy. He was elected Pope from 1492 to 1503 as Alexander VI. His enemies called him "The Spaniard" (due to his Spanish origins) while his Templar followers called him \"Maestro\" (\"Master\" in Italian and \"teacher\" in Spanish).
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=250px-Zw-rodrigoborgia.png]Image[/url]

-Cesare Borgia is the son of Rodrigo Borgia the leader of the Knights Templar and the arch-nemesis of Master Assassin Ezio Auditore. Like his father, he was a Templar. Eventually, he became the commander of the Papal army and a leader in the Templar Order.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=acbspr01cesareborgia.jpg]Image[/url]

-Lucrezia Borgia - She is the illegitimate daughter of Rodrigo Borgia and younger sister of Cesare Borgia.

Allies

-Leonardo da Vinci befriends Ezio early on in Assassin's Creed II and they remain as such for the remainder of the game. His main role is to decipher codex pages that are found throughout Italy, some of which turn out to be design sketches that he uses to make upgrades to Ezio's Hidden Blade. He also invented the Flying Machine.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=250px-Zw-leonardodavinci.png]Image[/url]

-Caterina Sforza is the Countess of Forla and Imola and the daughter of Galeazzo Maria Sforza. She married the Pope's nephew, Girolamo Riario, at only 14 years of age. She is depicted as a strong, fierce woman with a dirty mouth, but also seems to be quite maternal and caring.
[url=http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/BOAST07/AC/?action=view¤t=250px-Zw-caterinasforza.png]Image[/url]

Gameplay

Combat

-"Strike first and strike fast" is the motto that the development team approached combat with this time around. A more aggressive style will reward the player with a quickly accumulated pile of bodies.
-Chaining attacks together will allow the player to begin a long chain of moves, each of which instantly kills the adversary it is used on.
-Guards are more aggressive and will rush to surround Ezio and attack from all sides, even interrupting counter kills and combo strings.
-Counter kills are still a prominent feature in the combat.
-Disarms return
-Ezio can now throw heavy weapons to quickly bring down an enemy with them.
-Ezio also can quickly use the hidden gun in combat now.

Enemies

-Papal Guard - Are elite soldiers commanded by the Papacy to serve and protect the pontiff during his tenure. The armor worn by these guards seemed largely ceremonial in design, although it seemed to serve its purpose well enough,it was unable to stop the blade of an assassin.
-Brutes - Are essentially human tanks, wearing heavy, durable armor and carrying large, heavy weapons, and also moving very slowly due to the weight of their equipment
-Seekers - Are fairly uncommon enemies of medium strength and speed. They are slightly more heavily armored than a normal guard, though less than Brutes, and carry long weapons such as spears or halberds
-Arquebusiers - Were firearm-wielding soldiers who served and protected the pontiff during their tenure. One arquebusier managed to wound Ezio Auditore da Firenze during the later stages of the assault on Monteriggioni.
-Common Guards - Can be found almost everywhere on the ground. However, they use a large variety of weapons. Those regular troops are divided into three ranks themselves: Militia, Elite and Leaders.

Free-running

-All the usual free-running elements make a return.
-A new addition are "chase breakers" which will feature prominently in the Multiplayer. Players can activate chase-breakers to delay their chaser, giving them more time to escape. They are covered in shimmering white light to help distinguish them better from the surrounding environment.

Stealth

-The usual hiding spots are back: Crowds, Hay bales, benches, and most likely rooftop gardens.
-One new hiding spot has been introduced and that is in front of a merchant stall. Position your character in front of the stall and (s)he will begin talking to the merchant and just look like an ordinary customer.

Equestrian

-Horseback combat mechanics have been improved.
-Changes include: Fighting other enemies on horse-back, horse to ground and horse to horse assassination moves are promised.
-Ezio will also be able to use most weapons available, like crossbows etc.
-You can ride a horse inside the city
-There are multiple kinds of horses - War Horse (list to follow)

Weapons/gadgets

-The basics return from Assassin's Creed 2: Longswords, Double Hidden Blades, Hidden Gun(s), Daggers, Spears, Halberds and Pikes, Throwing Knives, Warhammers and Maces, Axes and Smoke bombs.
-New weapons include: Crossbow, Poison Darts, Arquebus* (unknown if usable by players),Calivers and Wheelock Pistols.
-Mounted Cannons
-A new and improved flying machine will make an appearance.
-Parachutes will be introduced

The Brotherhood

-During the game you will have the option of sending Assassins to different areas to complete tasks.
-You will have the ability to send new assassins to other European countries and complete missions to gain status.
-Once they have proven themselves effectively, they can accompany you on missions in Rome.
-The new assassins are recruited when Ezio rescues them from harassing guards, which leads them to join the Assassins.
-You can have the ability to train young Assassins and have them do jobs for you such as: Eliminate a group of guards with a volley of arrows, Engage a group of guards in hand to hand combat, Throw down smoke bombs to cover Ezio and Eliminate some rooftop guards...etc.
-If an Assassin fails to pass a mission, he can't be used again.
-This success will depend on abilities of the assassins sent, where younger, less experienced assassins will have a higher failure rate than older, more experienced ones.
-You can also customize the assassins' armor and weaponry, and each one has a different personality. Later on you can use experience points they've gained to upgrade their fighting and free-running abilities.
- Also mentioned is the ability to select an assassin as Ezio's personal assassin'
Last edited by jdot07 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdot07

Re:Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Info

Postby jdot07 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Fans looking to get the Assassin\'s Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer beta next month will have to pre-order the game at GameStop, Ubisoft announced.

As Sony declared at E3, the beta is exclusive to PlayStation 3 owners and begins on September 13. If you\'ve already pre-ordered the game, you can take your receipt to GameStop starting on August 9 to receive a beta token.

\"The pre-launch beta will feature brand new multiplayer gameplay and serve as a final stress test for the online systems of the game, allowing fans to get a glimpse of the one-of-a-kind gameplay and a chance to provide feedback to the development team prior to its release,\" Ubisoft says.

The one drawback is that there are a limited number of slots available, meaning GameStop will hand out tokens on a first-come, first-served basis, so don\'t wait around.

Assassin\'s Creed Brotherhood ships on November 16 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 .

jdot07

Re:Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Info

Postby jdot07 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Updated with a much better array of details i found
jdot07

Re:Assassins Creed: Brotherhood SP Info

Postby Gosu360 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby jdot07 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:45 pm

Cheers G 2nd piece published, i take that back i can now call this my own :D
jdot07

Postby jdot07 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Updated
*pics and info
jdot07

Postby junkyjunker » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Nice work dot, I\'ve bought and played the last two... don\'t see why I wouldn\'t do the same for this one!
junkyjunker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood SP Info

Postby jloco11 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:04 pm

So I finally finished this mafucka over the weekend.

I will say this... overall I think it was a better game, BUT, because it came only 1 year after AC2, it makes me wonder why all of this wasn't included in AC2.

The extra elements of gameplay were fun, especially the assassins. As trivial as their use was, I did enjoy calling them in on packs of unsuspecting guards. Horse fights were decent, albeit a bit glitchy and the executions were a nice addition.

Storyline wise, I know they wanted to finish Ezio's story but it seems they didn't have enough time (or space in the game) in AC2 to complete what otherwise could have been a complete story. Ubi already admitted they didn't have time to finish sequences 13 & 14 in AC2 (Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities) and this game just felt like an additional sequence/expansion.

The ending was rushed like fuck, and the location of the apple could have been resolved in AC2, not this game.

In the end, although I liked playing AC:B more, I feel like it was a money grabber. Ubi couldn't finish AC2 with everything they wanted, and figured splitting it out into a different game would be better. It's one thing to give a character closure (shit, Altair could use some closure besides the PSP title of AC: Bloodlines), but it's another thing to advance the story through a spinoff.
jloco11

Re: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood SP Info

Postby krusteh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:14 pm

jloco11 wrote:So I finally finished this mafucka over the weekend.

I will say this... overall I think it was a better game, BUT, because it came only 1 year after AC2, it makes me wonder why all of this wasn't included in AC2.

The extra elements of gameplay were fun, especially the assassins. As trivial as their use was, I did enjoy calling them in on packs of unsuspecting guards. Horse fights were decent, albeit a bit glitchy and the executions were a nice addition.

Storyline wise, I know they wanted to finish Ezio's story but it seems they didn't have enough time (or space in the game) in AC2 to complete what otherwise could have been a complete story. Ubi already admitted they didn't have time to finish sequences 13 & 14 in AC2 (Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities) and this game just felt like an additional sequence/expansion.

The ending was rushed like fuck, and the location of the apple could have been resolved in AC2, not this game.

In the end, although I liked playing AC:B more, I feel like it was a money grabber. Ubi couldn't finish AC2 with everything they wanted, and figured splitting it out into a different game would be better. It's one thing to give a character closure (shit, Altair could use some closure besides the PSP title of AC: Bloodlines), but it's another thing to advance the story through a spinoff.

I understand your point, however this game still took me a good week's worth of AC:B only time to complete, and if that amount was added to the end of AC2 I would get 100% bored of the game, I don't like SP that last forever, thats the reason I never completed GTA IV, sure it's a great game, but it just felt too long doing things so similar. With the gap between games it was good to go back to the game, plus with the addition of Multiplayer, I think it makes the game definitely worthwhile.
And like you said, you had more fun on this, so I don't see it as being money grabbing, I see it as fair, I'd rather they sent out a game each year, than wait 2 years for a game double the length. But that's my opinion
krusteh
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Next

Return to Assassin's Creed