So I jacked Duhstee's DS...

So I jacked Duhstee's DS...

Postby badger2theface » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 am

And I don't know what games to get. He has Pokemon Soul Silver and Dragon Quest IV, and I have Lego Star Wars.

I need suggestions! Please?

Yes, I know I haven't been around much, and I miss all you twats dearly <3
badger2theface
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Re: So I jacked Duhstee's DS...

Postby greasedupbadger » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:49 am

el_spazzy would be the one to talk to about games for the DS, though im thinking his answer would be buy all the Pokemon games :) twice
greasedupbadger
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

If you're into RPGs then it would be worth giving the latest Golden Sun a look. Might be worth playing the first two on the GBA first though. It's not absolutely necessary, but it would help in terms of the storyline. There's also remakes of Final Fantasy III and one of the Disgaea games, both of which are good.

Could also be worth checking out any games from the Fire Emblem or the Advance Wars series. Both are excellent strategy based games.

Aside from that, the only other title I can recommend which I have played is Mario Kart.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 pm

^ He speaks the truth.

Apart from Mario Kart.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deathbynumbers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Get an Acekard and then get all the games...

I am slightly against piracy btw. Apart from with Nintendo who are far too fucking happy and have far too much money. Plus 80-90% of wii/DS games are bloatware. Fact. I shall provide you with a list of good to great games tomorrow. Seriously consider the Acekard though as it is brilliant, my gf has one and a 16GB micro sd with hundreds of games on it.

The one I have is Acekard 2i, it works with all DS including DS lite, DSi and DSi XL. We used to use R4 but they didn't take SDHC cards or work with the DSi (I know they do a new version but when I bought years ago it was hard to avoid cheap clones that didn't work so I can only guess it's much harder now).

My gf has the DSi XL and the Acekard 2i works perfectly you just need to do something to the firmware on it to make it work with the DSi XL (I'll give you details if you buy one). Can you let me know what firmware is on the DSi at the minute as that can make a slight difference sometimes?

Here is a US reseller that seems ok from reviews; http://realhotstuff.com/advanced_search ... 2i&x=0&y=0

Reviews; http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Real_Hot_Stuff

I would recommend not buying the Micro-SD cards from them as they are quite small and seem expensive, just buy a decent 8 or 16GB Sandisk one from Amazon.
deathbynumbers

Postby mahaffy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Gub is right! Spazzy is the right to talk too.....
- but Pokemon is THE game to a Nintendo DS :D
mahaffy
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby dahawk » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

It was also the game for the Gameboy...

Pokemon red ftw
dahawk

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 am

Screw you Hawk, Blue was the best!
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gosu360 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:42 am

deathbynumbers wrote:Get an Acekard and then get all the games...

I am slightly against piracy btw. Apart from with Nintendo who are far too fucking happy and have far too much money. Plus 80-90% of wii/DS games are bloatware. Fact. I shall provide you with a list of good to great games tomorrow. Seriously consider the Acekard though as it is brilliant, my gf has one and a 16GB micro sd with hundreds of games on it.

The one I have is Acekard 2i, it works with all DS including DS lite, DSi and DSi XL. We used to use R4 but they didn't take SDHC cards or work with the DSi (I know they do a new version but when I bought years ago it was hard to avoid cheap clones that didn't work so I can only guess it's much harder now).

My gf has the DSi XL and the Acekard 2i works perfectly you just need to do something to the firmware on it to make it work with the DSi XL (I'll give you details if you buy one). Can you let me know what firmware is on the DSi at the minute as that can make a slight difference sometimes?

Here is a US reseller that seems ok from reviews; http://realhotstuff.com/advanced_search ... 2i&x=0&y=0

Reviews; http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Real_Hot_Stuff

I would recommend not buying the Micro-SD cards from them as they are quite small and seem expensive, just buy a decent 8 or 16GB Sandisk one from Amazon.

^ This

We have 4 DS's in our house (original DS, 2 x DS lite and 1 x DSi) and there's nothing better than linking them up with the wife, me and kids and having a session on Mario Kart. We also have a couple R4 cards with much games on :)
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby badger2theface » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 am

Noted, I'll talk to Spazzy.

DBN I like that idea, and I've got the DSi XL. And I hate microSD cards, they're annoying.

Thanks guys, I'll start lookin around. I want something else to play on my trip in April, so if you guys think of more, def let me know!
badger2theface
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Next

Return to Mobile Gaming