What would you change/add to MW2?

The UKHQ headquarters team forum

Re: What would you change/add to MW2?

Postby fgs5635 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 pm

[quote="GoD_GraveDancer":3p6arfz4]Scavenger is awesome. Ive found that it gives you more claymores, javelin ammo, etc as well.

Id like to see a ticker at the bottom of the screen showing what killstreak you are on along with what reward numbers you\'ve picked. 9/5/11/25 would be good. Im on a 9 kill streak and have a reward coming at 5, 11, and 25. That would be a big help IMO.
[/quote]

That would be usefull.

1 other thing I have thought of. When you goto barracks and it tells you total number of kills deaths, headshots, wins losses, streak etc. Would be great if it had your current win streak in there to.
fgs5635

Postby dazzafett » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Gotta agree with Boss on the edging around a corner thing. Has happened to me a hell of a lot that. I will also add a similar issue with Heads poking over objects. I have lost count of the times i have seen the smallest amount of the top of a head poking above cover which is almost impossible to hit then in the kill cam you see that the person who shot you seems to have their whole head (if not their shoulders too) above the cover.

I think the Knifing issue tho is down to whether you have got Commando on or not and its their attempt to balance it. Regular knifing just doesn\'s seem to be as effective unless you come up behind someone where as Commando seems to be over effective even when running head on at someone. I have been using Commando a lot on my Assult Rifle classes where i dont tend to use steady aim preffering to aim down the barrell. Once you Pro is up then you also eliminate damage when dropping down from a high places. You should check this out as it helps when trying to get somewhere very quickly without the worry you will be seeing red in your mask just from jumping down from somewhere.

I have also used Scavenger a lot and with this you never run out of ammo as you pick it up all over the place so is obviously why its been removed from general play so you have to choose to be able to do it. Again this is there attempt at getting a balance as you the cant Bling your Gun or use Marathon which seems fair in a way tho so i guess it depends on the mode your playing to decide what to go with. Only time will tell if the balance is right tho tho peoples tactics and styles will need to adapt to it which i dont see as a bad thing really.

BTW has anyone else used a Marathon, Lightweight, combo yet? You can run around so fast and if you match this with a Gun that has a big ammo stash you won\'t need scavenger anyway.

I like the Idea of seeing your current Kill count on screen as well so you know how far from the next your are. Especially as kills from Care packs are not included. Its annoying when your trying to keep a count in your head but then you keep getting kill points from your active care pack streak so lose track of where you are. It wouldnt take much to add the number down in the bottom left of your HUD where it indicates what Kill Streak you have waiting.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby GlennBacca » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:00 pm

DazzaFett\n[quote]BTW has anyone else used a Marathon, Lightweight, combo yet? You can run around so fast and if you match this with a Gun that has a big ammo stash you won\'t need scavenger anyway.[quote]

P90 w/rapid fire, Marathon and Lightweight FTW!
GlennBacca
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby thebossofgloss » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 am

I used lightweight with one of the LMG\'s for a while, I couldn\'t see much difference tho between that and just turning the sensitivity up. Marathon I always use with LMG\'s tho, makes a big difference being able to run non stop with one of those bad boys!!

I always look to see if they have command perk after I have been knifed and more often then not they don\'t. Just think it\'s bizarre.

There is a current win streak stat in the main page of the barracks Fgsy.

Last one for now, I believe that sleight of hand should make you switch between weapons faster as well.
Digital athlete, Prestige Gamerz Call Of Duty clan leader, UKHQ original member and Co-founder of team 'SO INTENSE' :P
thebossofgloss
Captain 2
Captain 2

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

I like the not picking up ammo as you accidentally walk over it. That made bandollier useless on the MP40 as ammo was always lying all over the place.

Player names really grinds my gears. Friendlies names are massive and if there are a couple of foes in the distance the friendlies names cover them as well. Been done a couple of times that way. Also the colours for me are not distinct enough. I have a touch of red/green colourblindness (only a touch) so always used the alternate player names option on w@w and this worked well for me as sometimes I would take a second too long to distinguish the colour.

Switch off VoIP. Had it in w@w not on MW2, I\'d quite like that back also.

The invite system as well I guess, however, the join game in session feature is awesome so defintley keep that.

As for the knifing. I reckon I already have more knife kills in a little over a days play on MW2 than I did in 30 days play on w@w so I really don\'t have the same problem others do, in fact the opposite. Actually I think the affects sound is not as good in MW2 than w@w so people don\'t hear you running up to them. Hardly anyone tunrs around when I\'m sticking them from behind. ;)

Knowing what killstreak I\'m on doesn\'t apply to me.... :cry:
gigitygigity

Postby dazzafett » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Boss Lightweight makes you run Faster than normal not just turn around quicker. I\'ve not put my Sensitivity up but wouldn\'t imagine it actually increases your actual running speed like the perk does. Certainly when i use it combined with Marathon i skip across maps at a very fast pace.

Im also with GG on the Knifing issue. Have not noticed anything querky about it and i also have probably knifed more people before reaching 1st Prestige than the whole of the 10 Prestige i did in W@W so im not complaining on that! lol

GG Can you not toggle the Player names down to only the badge/short version like in W@W? Its never bothered me tho so not really looked into it.

I was using Scavenger again Last night and can honestly say that i never ran out of ammo while using it so it is definitely a balancing perk against Bling i think. If you Bling your gun you have an advantage over those that do not but the price is then reduced ammo. However its your choice what is more important to you getting around more quickly (marathon), x2 Attachments on your Gun or not running out of ammo. Quite balanced really i think and makes you consider different classes for different maps.

BTW the one thing i would love to see is the Online Stats. I had a quick look on IW site and couldnt see them unless i was looking in the wrong place. Are these available and if not anyone know if they will be at some point?
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Previous

Return to UKHQ