Submit your Awesome or Funny clips

Re: Submit your Awesome or Funny clips

Postby SmellyUndies » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:46 pm

abitesizedtaco wrote:@smellyundies I'm in the top 7% of SF5 players online so its not that I can't play fighting games. Did I play like a bitch? Yes I did. But any player would have been able to beat that easily by sidestepping and punishing it. One thing you learn quick in fighting games is that people will bitch at you all the time for random shit like fireballs, using good moves over and over again, cheese, etc. but in the grand scheme of things its their own fault by not being able to adapt to a person doing the same thing over and over again. Most if not all fighting games can be broken down to a bunch of games of rock, paper, scissors. So if my opponent is constantly throwing rock and I don't adapt by throwing paper then it's only my fault for my loss.

Top 7% doesn't mean anything considering if someone plays the online once, they are now in the ratings.
If a million people played the online, you're still like 70000 places behind the top of the world.

Not to mention if your best win is by beating someone by repeating the same move over and over, that's not a showcase of your skill, more so the lack of theirs.
Which again is why I ask if you're submitting a fail by you because nothing you did was impressive in the slightest.

p.s once you're in the top 0.000002 of the world (or more accurately around at least 26 million) for your video game, let me know.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby Jimbob1337 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:53 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:
abitesizedtaco wrote:@smellyundies I'm in the top 7% of SF5 players online so its not that I can't play fighting games. Did I play like a bitch? Yes I did. But any player would have been able to beat that easily by sidestepping and punishing it. One thing you learn quick in fighting games is that people will bitch at you all the time for random shit like fireballs, using good moves over and over again, cheese, etc. but in the grand scheme of things its their own fault by not being able to adapt to a person doing the same thing over and over again. Most if not all fighting games can be broken down to a bunch of games of rock, paper, scissors. So if my opponent is constantly throwing rock and I don't adapt by throwing paper then it's only my fault for my loss.

Top 7% doesn't mean anything considering if someone plays the online once, they are now in the ratings.
If a million people played the online, you're still like 70000 places behind the top of the world.

Not to mention if your best win is by beating someone by repeating the same move over and over, that's not a showcase of your skill, more so the lack of theirs.
Which again is why I ask if you're submitting a fail by you because nothing you did was impressive in the slightest.

p.s once you're in the top 0.000002 of the world (or more accurately around at least 26 million) for your video game, let me know.

It would be like spamming Guile's Flash Kick every time the guy jumps at you. Not my fault you keep trying the same thing...

I would say it was more of a blooper than an awesome clip, as the opponent was just awful at the game.

Also, I am in the top 3% for an MMORPG I play (Top 62000 out of 2m players). Ranking doesn't mean jack shit in your ability to play a game, it just means you have played it longer than someone else.
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby abitesizedtaco » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:20 pm

I'll agree its a blooper since its more stupid than impressive. Jimbob got the point I was trying to get across with the flash kick example. I thought it was a little funny so I submitted it
abitesizedtaco
Private
Private

Postby Jimbob1337 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

abitesizedtaco wrote:I'll agree its a blooper since its more stupid than impressive. Jimbob got the point I was trying to get across with the flash kick example. I thought it was a little funny so I submitted it

Its like my clip where I completely cheese the Malbodoom by freezing it in place. More of an outtake than an awesome moment.
PSN: Morbuss15
YT: Jimbob1337
Jimbob1337
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby SmellyUndies » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Jimbob1337 wrote:
It would be like spamming Guile's Flash Kick every time the guy jumps at you. Not my fault you keep trying the same thing...

I would say it was more of a blooper than an awesome clip, as the opponent was just awful at the game.

Also, I am in the top 3% for an MMORPG I play (Top 62000 out of 2m players). Ranking doesn't mean jack shit in your ability to play a game, it just means you have played it longer than someone else.

Ranking means a lot more once you get into the decimals. Like I was ranked #42 out of a minimum of 26 million Destiny Players (26 million is low balling the player amount) in a particular scoring category, it's since fallen to #228 but that's still enormously high. Hell I'm still #18 in the world for a racing category that I haven't played in nearly 2 years so it doesn't mean you need to play more than everybody else in order to rank high.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby LivingSky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am

SmellyUndies wrote:
Jimbob1337 wrote:

Ranking means a lot more once you get into the decimals. Like I was ranked #42 out of a minimum of 26 million Destiny Players (26 million is low balling the player amount) in a particular scoring category, it's since fallen to #228 but that's still enormously high. Hell I'm still #18 in the world for a racing category that I haven't played in nearly 2 years so it doesn't mean you need to play more than everybody else in order to rank high.

In an MMORPG yea its mostly how long have you played/grinned. But in a fighting,racing or shooting skill most often than not is more important instead of time played. I got top 2 in the world in a fighting game just 2 months after playing it and considering it was a hybrid with MMORPG that was very hard.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Previous

Return to Community Events