Books

Music - Films - TV - Cinema - Blu-ray - DVD - Books

Re: Books

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Currently reading 'Raylan' by Elmore Leonard, because Justified is awesome.

AFFC still gives me nightmares.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:14 am

Recently finished Clive Barker's 'The Hellbound Heart', after being a fan of Hellraiser for so long. Really good book, quite like his writing style so will no doubt have to try some of his other work.
As usual there were some things I preferred from the book and some I preferred from the film, so my accepted canon is a mix of the two. Always happens.

Also reading Marvel Zombies, first time I've really tried to get into Western comics besides trying Dredd out. Pretty good story.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:17 pm

I recently read Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames. Fantasy with a nice bit of comedy woven into the narrative. I've always had my comedy fantasy via the legendary Terry Pratchett with his Discworld novels until now so it's interesting to see a different take on it. Very entertaining and well recommended if you want some fun characters and a good story that's not too silly but makes you laugh occasionally.

This one is about a famous band of legendary heroes now retired who consider going on one last adventure due to circumstances. Not quite as tough as they once we're but experienced. 
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Previous

Return to That's Entertainment!