Omega 4 relay

Omega 4 relay

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm playing this on insanity and I'm trying to do it all in one go. I might do another play-through just to choose the renegade options but I want to try and get all trophies on the first go. Basically what I want to know is what prompts the opening of the omega 4 relay? I know its something to do with obtaining collector tech, but what mission should I avoid?

I need all crew loyal, all the upgrades for the ship etc. I know that, so I'm currently doing all the recruitment missions, followed by the loyalty missions, then I will advance the story, but what mission advances the story?

I've done horizon and need 3 more crew members.
deathbynumbers

Re: Omega 4 relay

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:48 pm

I believe it is prompted by acquiring the Reaper IFF. After completing the Collector Ship mission, you'll then get given a location from which you can recover the IFF. That'd be the one to avoid.

However, if I recall correctly, you do go through voluntarily, and will get the chance to finish up any business first.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:58 pm

ah I know you choose to go through, however, I read there is a formula which relates to crew members dying -

it goes something like - if you complete 1 other mission after opening the relay 3 crew die, 2 missions 5 die and so on, so you have to open it and go through straight away. The problem I'm confused about is legion who appears to be a collector? When do I acquire him and will that prompt the opening of the omega 4 relay? In that case I would need to do all the loyalty missions (apart from his) and then recruit him. Is that how I do it?
deathbynumbers

Postby Pauly » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Pretty sure it also says if you go through you can't go back.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:16 pm

That's right yes, the deadline for the Normandy crew begins after activating the IFF. Doing all the loyalty missions before going to retrieve the IFF will give you plenty of time to be able to gain Legion's loyalty, and save everyone.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 pm

Ok thanks mushi, just dont want to get it wrong i have tons of games to play.
deathbynumbers

Postby jloco11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Doesn't the Long Service Award only trigger when doing a second playthrough? I didn't think it was possible to get all the trophies in 1 runthrough?

Oh, and to answer your question, avoid the IFF mission until the end. HOWEVER, playing as a renegade, you will have to take all the Paragon options after that mission, otherwise you will lose a character. If you lose that character, you will not have them at the end of the game to complete the challenge keeping everyone alive.
jloco11

Postby deathbynumbers » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:37 pm

The long service award counts the comic book as one play through, apparently. I'm playing as a paragon at the minute so I should be ok for that. Thanks for the advice though.
deathbynumbers

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

jloco11 wrote:Doesn't the Long Service Award only trigger when doing a second playthrough? I didn't think it was possible to get all the trophies in 1 runthrough?
I don't think it does. At least, I checked my trophies, and it seems I got Long Service Medal at the same time as the other trophies for completing the game (Insanity, Mission Accomplished etc).

I was only able to do Power Gamer (get to level 30) on NG+ though, as I wasn't quite able to hit the XP requirements. Not sure if it's possible, probably is, but I didn't manage it at any rate. But nonetheless, it didn't take me very long. Also had a few others to clean up, like Tactician, but that's just my fault.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:Doesn't the Long Service Award only trigger when doing a second playthrough? I didn't think it was possible to get all the trophies in 1 runthrough?
I don't think it does. At least, I checked my trophies, and it seems I got Long Service Medal at the same time as the other trophies for completing the game (Insanity, Mission Accomplished etc).

I was only able to do Power Gamer (get to level 30) on NG+ though, as I wasn't quite able to hit the XP requirements. Not sure if it's possible, probably is, but I didn't manage it at any rate. But nonetheless, it didn't take me very long. Also had a few others to clean up, like Tactician, but that's just my fault.

I don't remember when I got it (I know I have it), but I could have sworn that was the trophy for finishing the game as Paragon and Renegade with 2 runthroughs?
jloco11

Next

Return to Mass Effect