JLoco11's Sentinel loadouts

JLoco11's Sentinel loadouts

Postby jloco11 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 pm

The following guide is how I personally rank up my classes in Mass Effect 3. There is no "perfect" way to setup your classes, and in numerous examples I will be showing some alterations I make with each promotion.

This is also not a guide on how to use the characters, just merely a suggestion on a loadout you may want to try.

Please note, in each guide unless otherwise stated, I put EVERY power to minimum of Evolution 3. These guides will only discuss the BRANCHING POWERS starting in Evolution 4 for the powers I elect to customize.

If a power/ability is not mentioned, that means I upgrade it to Evo 3 only.
jloco11

Re: JLoco11's Sentinel loadouts

Human Sentinel - With each human class, I like to spec them out differently because it makes no sense to have 2 identical characters that play the same way. Both loadouts I use are shown.

Human 1: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#30DQKPJL9@0
Weapons: Carnifex

Warp 4: Increase damage, force and radius of biotic detonations by 50%
Warp 5: Increase weapon and power damage by 15% for 10 seconds
Warp 6: Increase damage to barriers and armor by 50%, weaken armor by 25%

Throw 4: Increase force by 40%
Throw 5: Increase force and damage of biotic detonations by 50%
Throw 6: Increase force by 50%, increase damage by 200

Alliance 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weight capacity 20%
Alliance 5: Increase power damage 15%
Alliance 6: Increase weapon damage by 10%

Fitness 4: Increase health and shield 15%
Fitness 5: Decrease shield regenerate time by 15%

Summary - This is Adept 1.5... it's built to spam biotic explosions just like an Adept. Although you'll notice the power differences since Adepts have higher biotic ratings, this is still a top biotic spamming combination.

Tech Armor is pointless with this class with the rare exception of doing an upload or blowing up a group of husks just for the fuck of it. Since activating it slows down powers, there is no need to use it at all, and is one of the few classes where you can consider using those 6 points in Fitness instead.

The Carnifex is light enough to allow power spam of Warp and Throw. This class should be treated just like the Asari Adept with almost the same powers, minus Stasis.
jloco11

Human 2: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#30PLDIRI9@0
Weapons: Striker or Falcon & a light SMG or heavy pistol

Tech Armor 4: Damage reduction by 5%
Tech Armor 5: Increase power damage by 30%
Tech Armor 6: Increase power recharge rate by 30% while active

Warp 4: Increase damage 30%
Warp 5: Increase damage 40%, increase duration 60%
Warp 6: Increase recharge speed by 25%

Alliance 4: Increase weapon damage 10%, increase weight capacity 20%
Alliance 5: Increase power damage 15%

Fitness 4: Increase health and shield by 15%
Fitness 5: Decrease shield recharge by 15%
Fitness 6: Increase health and shield by 25%

Summary - I never really use this setup, mainly because it doesn't do nearly as much damage as a biotic user. But this is a class on how to use Tech Armor and show how useless it is.

The class is built to take damage and fire off noob tubes for explosive damage. Having Tech Armor active will give you extra protection, as well as the health boosts provided from Fitness. However, you will lose the ability to spam powers. Warp is setup for damage, not biotic explosions.

The Striker and Falcon are meant for noob tube spam and with the additional health, this will allow you to shoot anything you want with significant protection.

However, I would never use this class for anything other than a bronze game.
jloco11

Turian Sentinel - I don't use this class at all, therefore have no true strategic layout that I use on a consistent basis. This is how I would rank up the character if I actually gave a shit about using him.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#31DNMNJG9@0
Weapons: Revenant & any other gun you feel like using. Can also use the Falcon or Striker.

Warp 4: Increase damage 30%
Warp 5: Increase weapon and power damage by 15% for 10 seconds
Warp 6: Increase recharge speed by 35%

Overload 4: Hit one more target within 8 meters for 60% less damage
Overload 5: Increase recharge speed 25%
Overload 6: Increase damage 15%, hit one more target within 8 meters for 60% less damage

Veteran 4: Increase weapon damage 7.5%, increase stability 10%
Veteran 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Veteran 6: Increase weapon damage and stability 10%

Fitness 5: Decrease shield recharge by 15%

Summary - Easily the worst class in the game. You can't create biotic explosions on your own, can't create tech bursts on your own, can't roll, no projectiles or grenades and the only benefit of the class is extra shield, which means nothing since Krogans have more power anyway.

By adding the Revenant, or any other heavy weapon, this class because a gun shooting class not reliant on powers. Warp is setup for damage instead of biotics and to take in extra bullet damage. Overload is set for crowd control to hit multiple targets.

Even Turian Veteran powers are set for gun powers instead of lowering the weight for power spam.

Other than for shits and giggles, there is no reason to use this class in the game. If you do use it, expect to finish last place in points since you won't be able to do any true damage other than weapon damage.
jloco11

Krogan Sentinel - Other than a few tweaks here and there between Incinerate and maybe Tech Armor, this class doesn't change much. With any Krogan, your most powerful assets are health & melee.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#32DHLQKX9@0
Weapons: Graal Spike Thrower

Incinerate 4: Increase damage 30%
Incinerate 5: Increase recharge speed by 25%

Lift Grenade 4: Increase damage by 30%
Lift Grenade 5: Increase max capacity
Lift Grenade 6: Increase damage and radius by 30%

Berserker 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weapon capacity 20%
Berserker 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Berserker 6: Increase shotgun weight by 30%

Rage 4: Increase melee damage 30%
Rage 5: Increase melee damage 75% after a heavy melee
Rage 6: Increase damage 30%, lower Krogan Rage to 2 melee kills

Summary - Much like the Soldier class, Krogans are built for up close, heavy damage. Putting in as many points as possible immediately into Rage should be the priority since his main focus is melee damage.

Lift grenades are his only crowd control power and should be used whenever you see large groups.

There is no reason in particular that I use a Graal Spike Thrower, other than the fact that it's a Krogan weapon so I might as well kick some ass with it. You can use pretty much any powerful shotgun you want, but with a Krogan, he can lower the weight of the heaviest guns to the point that could almost spam a power.

As far as Incinerate or Tech Armor, either one can really be used. I use Incinerate to burn victims and run to them for a melee. I also use it as my long range power. Tech Armor will absorb damage while closing in a on a target, but you're sacrificing your only long range fighting power.
jloco11

Batarian Sentinel - The choices to make with a Batarian Sentinel are pretty difficult, because the choices really suck. I max out 2 powers immediately and never use the class after that, but this is the way I would rank him up even though he sucks.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#33DJNORf9@0
Weapons: Kishock Harpoon Gun & Any light SMG or pistol

Shockwave 4: Increase radius by 30%
Shockwave 5: Increase range by 50%

Submission Net 4: Increase duration by 100%
Submission Net 5: Increase recharge speed by 35%
Submission Net 6: Upgrade with electric field doing 100 points of damage across 6 meters

Enforcer 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weight capacity 20%
Enforcer 5: Increase power damage 15%
Enforcer 6: Reduce weight of sniper rifles and shotguns by 25%

Fitness 5: Decrease shield recharge 15%
Fitness 6: Increase health and shield 25%

Summary - Aside from Submission Net, the Sentinel doesn't have many powers to really use. Blade Armor is pointless to use, Shockwave does virtually no damage and his melee windup animation takes so long that he will probably die before getting a punch off.

So I use him as a distance fighter. No point running around with a shotgun like the Batarian Soldier since the powers are not great for CQC. Shockwave and move minor enemies, but larger enemies will just laugh at Shockwave as it passed through them and tickles their asshole.

Submission Net takes a while to actually fire off the power. That slow waiting time prevents it from being a great CQC power.

My strategy is to use the Kishock Harpoon gun for medium range shots, trapping them in a submission net. If anything gets close, you have Shockwave as an emergency, OR hip fire the Kishock. Unlike the other sniper rifles, the Kishock does not lose power when hip firing. With it's quick reload time and high damage, it actually can be used similar to a shotgun up close.

Reality is, this class is not meant for anything other than Bronze. Silver is possible, Gold is out of the question, but it's not really a heavy hitting class compared to the Krogan and Humans.
jloco11

Vorcha Sentinel - The Vorcha class are extremely versatile, however, since the Soldier and Sentinel are so similar, it's hard to make a class that matches the most overpowered way of using them. So this is the next best way of using him

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#34KDLIK]9@0DA@@
Weapons: Wraith

Bloodlust 4: Increase melee damage 10% with each stack, power damage increase 20%
Bloodlust 5: Increase power damage 5% with each stack
Bloodlust 6: Increase melee damage & speed bonus 10% with each stack

Cluster Nade 4: Increase force and damage 30%
Cluster Nade 5: Increase max capacity by 1
Cluster Nade 6: Increase force and damage 50%

Resilience 4: Increase power damage 20%, increase weapon capacity 20%
Resilience 5: Increase power damage 15%

Fitness 4: Increase melee damage 30%
Fitness 5: Increase melee damage 75% for 30 seconds after a heavy melee kill
Fitness 6: Increase melee damage 30%, increase weapon damage 30% for 20 seconds after heavy melee

Summary - If you want to build the ultimate Vorcha, you can just follow the guide to the soldier because you can do the same setup, with Cluster Nade and Carnage being the difference. But to make them feel slightly different, I rank up the class this way.

Melee is still the top priority for this class, however, health regen is much lower and your gun is much less powerful than a Reegar since you can regenerate as fast. Using the Wraith provides enough power per shot from a distance to avoid having to run around and get close for a melee kill all the time.

Cluster nades are used instead of Flamer so that you can create some biotic explosions with teammates if possible. Flamer isn't used as often because the health regen isn't as quick as the soldier class.

Bloodlust was created for melee damage, but you need to be wary of your health.
jloco11

Return to Mass Effect