JLoco11's Infiltrator Guide

JLoco11's Infiltrator Guide

Postby jloco11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 pm

The following guide is how I personally rank up my classes in Mass Effect 3. There is no "perfect" way to setup your classes, and in numerous examples I will be showing some alterations I make with each promotion.

This is also not a guide on how to use the characters, just merely a suggestion on a loadout you may want to try.

Please note, in each guide unless otherwise stated, I put EVERY power to minimum of Evolution 3. These guides will only discuss the BRANCHING POWERS starting in Evolution 4 for the powers I elect to customize.

If a power/ability is not mentioned, that means I upgrade it to Evo 3 only.
jloco11

Re: JLoco11's Infiltrator Guide

Postby jloco11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Human Infiltrator - With each human class, I like to spec them out differently because it makes no sense to have 2 identical characters that play the same way. Both loadouts I use are shown.

Human 1: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#40PHKQDe5@0
Weapons: Javelin & any light SMG or pistol... can also work with the Mantis.

Cloak 4: Increase damage 40%
Cloak 5: Increase recharge speed 30%
Cloak 6: Increase sniper damage 40% while cloaked

Cryo Blast 4: Increase freeze duration 60%
Cryo Blast 5: Increase damage to chilled target by 10%

Sticky Nade 4: Increase damage 30%
Sticky Nade 5: Increase max capacity by 1
Sticky Nade 6: Increase damage by 40%

Alliance 4: Increase power damage by 10%, increase weight capacity by 20%
Alliance 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Alliance 6: Increase weight capacity 20%

Summary - This is the basic sniping class I use as a human. Any gun can be used, but preferrably a single shot gun to take advantage of the cloak ability. Since the Javelin does the most damage, I tend to use that one. Other weapons will certainly work, but I prefer the heavy damage and ability to see through objects.

Cloak & Alliance are built for sniper damage, with speed bonuses to allow you to re-enter cloak quickly. With a Javelin, you need all the speed boosts you can get!

Cryo Blast actually has a few uses... the main use being recharge power. With the Javelin, the reload time on invisibility will be over 10 seconds. Before shooting something, fire a shot of Cryo Blast at it, THEN shoot the target. You will recharge at the Cryo Blast rate instead of the Cloak rate, cutting down your time virtually in half.

Not to mention the freeze ability will give you the chance to shatter enemies.
jloco11

Human 2: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#40MPPID[4@0
Weapons: Wraith

Cloak 4: Increase duration by 40%
Cloak 5: Melee damage increase to 50%
Cloak 6: Fire 1 power and remain invisible

Cryo Blast 4: Increase radius to 2 meters
Cryo Blast 5: Reduce movement speed 20%

Sticky nade 4: Increase radius 30%
Sticky nade 5: Increase max grenades by 1
Sticky nade 6: Grenades stay active on surface and explode when enemies approach, increase radius 30%

Alliance 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weight capacity 20%
Alliance 5: Increase headshot damage 20%

OPTIONAL FINAL POWERS

Cryo Blast 6: Increase damage to frozen and chilled targets by 15%, weaken armor by 25%
Alliance 6: Increase weight capacity on all weapons by 20%

Summary - Although I list the final power is optional, I don't receive it until I turn level 20 and then promote my character, so it's virtually never used. If you plan on staying at level 20, either power will work for various reasons. But all the prior powers are used exclusively.

This is my shotgun infiltrator build, meant to do objectives and sneak around the map to get close to enemies. Unlike a sniper class that allows me to line up shots, this class is meant to get in close and do maximum damage within close range.

Freezing shit with Cryo Blast, hitting them with a powerful Wraith and combined with melee damage, makes this class great for up close battles. Keep in mind the Wraith has limited shots, so you will be getting close and needing to reload and restock ammo frequently.

Having a backup pistol or SMG could help, but really won't be necessary with Cryo Blast being spammed.
jloco11

Quarian Infiltrator - I only use this class under certain circumstances, but I level is up almost the same way every single time. The class is used a specialty support class more than anything.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#42LKKJDl0@0
Weapons: Valiant & Any light SMG or pistol

Cloak 4: Increase duration 40%
Cloak 5: Increase recharge speed 35%
Cloak 6: Increase sniper damage 40%

Sticky nade 4: Increase damage 30%
Sticky nade 5: Increase max capacity by 1
Sticky nade 6: Increase damage 40%

Sabotage 4: Increase duration 50%
Sabotage 5: Have synthetics explode doing 350 damage
Sabotage 6: Hacked enemies move faster and do 50% more damage

Defender 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weight capacity 20%
Defender 5: Increase headshot damage 20%

Summary - The reality is this class is useless against Reapers. Sabotage is a power meant for machines, so it can hack Atlas and turrets, and any Geth but does nothing against Reapers. Your only option is invisibility to snipe and grenades.

Therefore, I never use this class if there is a chance I will face Reapers and it's really only used when I know I will be taking on something other than Reapers. The class is designed to the objectives around the map with invisibility, so it's not going to be a major damage character.

The Valiant will not benefit greatly from invisibility since the 3 shots in the clip will take away your cloak. I do try to add as much power to the gun as possible because it will be your only useful method of killing.

Another decent aspect is that with a biotic team, a Quarian doesn't have a power to reset their biotics, unlike other Infiltrators. So if you see a team of biotic users, but need invisibility, this is the perfect class for the job.
jloco11

Salarian Infiltrator - This is my tried and true sniper class that NEVER changes... ever. Even down the color pattern I use on him. This class is built for Gold, which means it kicks ass on Silver and Bronze.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#41PDOQJn9@0
Weapons: Widow & any light SMG or pistol

Cloak 4: Increase damage by 40%
Cloak 5: Increase recharge speed by 30%
Cloak 6: Increase sniper damage by 40%

Energy Drain 4: Increase radius 100%
Energy Drain 5: Increase shield restoration by 50%
Energy Drain 6: Increase damage 40%

Operative 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weapon capacity 20%
Operative 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Operative 6: Decrease weight of sniper rifles 30%

Fitness 4: Increase melee damage 30%
Fitness 5: Increase shield recharge 15%

Summary - This is the only way I will ever rank up this class. Matter of fact, I have a certain order in which I rank up the powers each time as well. It works for me, and it does everything I need it to do. Invisibility is ranked up for Sniper Damage and recharge Speed. Obviously headshots will do more damage than anything.

Energy Drain is built to fuck with groups instead of just 1 enemy. Your shield will regenerate 100% if you ED an enemy with protection. You will sacrifice some speed and power, but your main killing weapon is invisibility and the Widow. Also, knowing the Energy Drain recharge trick will help get invisibility to recharge quicker.

I don't use Proxy Mines at all unless I feel like shooting swarmers. So although I put in 3 points, it's not going to be used. Fitness works better so in case I get in a bad spot where I need the extra health, I can get away.

The Widow is my preferred gun for a number of reasons. 1) I lose invisibility after every shot, so having a semi-auto gun defeats the purpose. 2) It's lighter than a Javelin to recharge my powers quicker 3) Although heavier than a Mantis, it does far more damage and doesn't sacrifice too much time between power recharges. It also has bullet penetration which the Mantis does not have.
jloco11

Geth Infiltrator #1 - There are multiple ways of playing the Geth, but I plan on listing 2 different ways that I like to switch back and forth between.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#43MDKJK\9@0
Weapons: Scimitar

Cloak 4: Increase power duration by 40%
Cloak 5: Increase melee damage 50%
Cloak 6: Fire 1 power while invisible

Hunter Mode 4: Increase recharge speed of all powers by 20%
Hunter Mode 5: Increase power damage by 20%
Hunter Mode 6: Increase speed by 10%, increase vision by 50%

Network AI 4: Increase power damage by 10%, increase weapon capacity by 20%
Network AI 5: Increase headshot bonus 20%

Hardware 4: Increase melee damage 30%
Hardware 5: Increase melee damage 75% after a heavy melee
Hardware 6: Increase melee damage 30%, increase power damage 30% after successful heavy melee

Summary - This is how to be a douche. Along with a Vanguard, Krogan and Vorcha, this is one of the best melee/CQC classes in the game on how to steal cheap kills. However, it comes with a price and it's not as easy as just setting the powers up this way.

First, Geth melee does area damage, so you will hit multiple enemies. No other Infiltrator can do that. Setting up cloak for duration and melee and Advanced Hardware for melee immediately will make you a melee machine. Hunter mode is also needed so you know what lurks behind a wall. Last thing you want is a surprise attack from a larger enemy. Having the speed bonus will help.

The Scimitar is also my choice of gun which will most likely be questioned. First off, it's lighter than the Geth Shotty. Secondly, I do not have enough points to invest in Network AI 6 to get the Geth weapon damage bonus, thus, there is no advantage with the Geth Shotty. Scimitar's shredded mod works as advertised, with the Geth either doesn't work or is glitch. Should you encounter a riot shielder, all you need to do is shoot with the Scimitar.

Scimitar has the highest shotty fire rate and since you will be close to enemies for the most part, this will come in handy. It has 8 quick firing shots that do a lot of damage up close, compared to 5 slow firing Geth shots. Distant shots are pointless, but that's a trade off you will make.

You could give Network AI the points that are used in Cloak Evo 6, but that won't matter until the end of the promotion cycle since all other powers are the priority.

1 other note, you will NEED equipment to rock this class. Cell Recharge and Strength & Melee enhancers are a must to run melee only. Since your melee uses shield, you will be vulnerable to enemy damage. Having your shield regenerate as quickly as possible is crucial to suriving. And trust me, you will take a number of deaths doing this.
jloco11

Geth Infiltrator #2 - There are multiple ways of playing the Geth, but I plan on listing 2 different ways that I like to switch back and forth between.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#43IDMRRX9@0
Weapons: Geth Plasma Shotgun

Cloak 4: Increase damage bonus 40%

Hunter Mode 4: Increase recharge speed of all powers by 20%
Hunter Mode 5: Increase rate of fire on all weapons
Hunter Mode 6: Increase movement speed 10%, increase vision range 50%

Network AI 4: Increase power damage 10%, increase weapon capacity 20%
Network AI 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Network AI 6: Increase weapon damage 10%, increase Geth weapon damage 5%

Hardware 4: Increase health and shield 15%
Hardware 5: Increase shield recharge speed 15%
Hardware 6: Increase health and shield 25%

Summary - This is how not to be a douche. Surprisingly, the Geth is actually a horrible sniping class, mainly because the only power you can "fire" to help the recharge rate is a proxy mine, which takes quite a long time to recharge.

Using a shotgun however, provides a much better option. Ideally using the Geth shotgun will give you the Geth weapon damage bonus in Evo 6, something the melee character would have never gotten to.

Cloak Evo 6 doesn't really provide any great bonus for this class. You're not sniping and the bonus power is a cheap proxy mine, so you can leave cloak at Evo 5.

For Hunter Mode, I prefer to increase the rate of fire on the Geth to speed up the amount of damage that shotgun can do in a short time. It's power and distance are unmatched from all the shotguns in the game.

Adding health to the class will provide you a chance at shooting from a distance. Although melee'ing is fun, this is the safer class for getting kills, and works much better against the higher ranked enemies.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Quarian Male Infiltrator - Since there are 2 overlapping powers with the Engineer, it's hard to distinguish how the 2 play differently. But this is how I rank up this class

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes ... RDi9@0DA@@
Weapons: Krysae & lightweight SMG

Cloak 4: Increase damage 40%
Cloak 6: Increase sniper damage 40%

Tactical Scan 4: Increase weapon damage to target 7.5%
Tactical Scan 5: Movement speedy penalty 15%, recharge speed 15%

Arc Nade 4: Increase damage 30%
Arc Nade 5: Increase max capacity
Arc Nade 6: Increase damage to shields 75%

Defender 4: Increase power damage 10%, Increase weapon capacity 20%
Defender 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Defender 6: Increase weapon damage 10%

Summary - This is another class all about the weapon. The Krysae is one of the most overpowered weapons possible and great to use. With good power, medium weight and splash damage, it's going to kill VERY fast.

I personally avoid using 3 shot sniper rifles with cloak, but with this class, you need something powerful. 2 of your abilities are passive (Cloak & Scan) and the only direct damage power is a grenade which you will have to restock on every time. In other words, you need a gun that can do massive amounts of damage.

Adding points to the power of your rifle will be helpful, and with the ability to go invisible, you'll benefit greatly from that. Although invisibility will only benefit 1 shot, the other 2 are still powerful enough to cause major damage.

Tactical Scan is not going to be as useful on this class, due to invisibility being the necessity. Marking a major target is the only thing Scan will be used for since invisibility + the Krysae will eliminate the majority of enemies in the game after 1 full clip. The final points you earn should go into Scan, which will only benefit you if you don't promote. Those who promote will never use those points.
jloco11

Return to Mass Effect