Just got ME3

Re: Just got ME3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm

jloco11 wrote:
A7XDrumCovers wrote:
jloco11 wrote:Valkyrie is horrible... but since you're learning right now playing bronze, it will seem fine.

When you start moving up to higher difficulties, you'll see the Valkyrie is a piece of shit.

Remember, there are over 60 characters in the game, so hoping to land 1 is a gamble.

That's true! Well, I better get to work. What do you think of the Engineers?


Engineers are supposed to be the characters that attack shields and barriers. Too bad that's not good enough to be a strong character.

Some are good at what they do, but you'll see other classes do more damage.


Oh okay. Well, I've been enjoying the Infiltrators, Adepts, and Engineers so far. I wish I got more characters, but I keep getting character training even when I get that character box. It's crazy. But at least I have plenty of time to keep collecting more characters.
User avatar
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 am
Location: Canada

Re: Just got ME3

Postby jloco11 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:16 am

On average, infiltrators are the strongest characters in the game. And that's due to tactical cloak giving you amazing power/weapon boosts.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Just got ME3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 am

jloco11 wrote:On average, infiltrators are the strongest characters in the game. And that's due to tactical cloak giving you amazing power/weapon boosts.

Yea true, that shit has been a big help :-D
I enjoy incinerate too though. And that Talon Engineer guy isn't actually half bad now that I've given him a try. His concussive arrow are insane! xD
User avatar
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 am
Location: Canada

Re: Just got ME3

Postby goob876 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:00 pm

A7XDrumCovers wrote:
jloco11 wrote:On average, infiltrators are the strongest characters in the game. And that's due to tactical cloak giving you amazing power/weapon boosts.

Yea true, that shit has been a big help :-D
I enjoy incinerate too though. And that Talon Engineer guy isn't actually half bad now that I've given him a try. His concussive arrow are insane! xD


Maybe on bronze but he is completely horrible on any higher difficulty. concussive arrow only knocks down unprotected enemies and those enemies become rare in higher difficulties. His armor-piercing arrows are horrible too. You want something better than concussive arrow? Try concussive shot
PSN: goob876
goob876
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Just got ME3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm

goob876 wrote:
A7XDrumCovers wrote:
jloco11 wrote:On average, infiltrators are the strongest characters in the game. And that's due to tactical cloak giving you amazing power/weapon boosts.

Yea true, that shit has been a big help :-D
I enjoy incinerate too though. And that Talon Engineer guy isn't actually half bad now that I've given him a try. His concussive arrow are insane! xD


Maybe on bronze but he is completely horrible on any higher difficulty. concussive arrow only knocks down unprotected enemies and those enemies become rare in higher difficulties. His armor-piercing arrows are horrible too. You want something better than concussive arrow? Try concussive shot

I used him on silver and he seemed not too bad...
Concussive shot is decent I know that already, but I think carnage has got to be the best I've seen. That shit fucks enemies up sometimes.

Okay big question, I want better weapons, so should I use the arsenal pack or the premium spectre pack? I've been using the arsenal and not getting jack fuckin shit from it. I did get this striker assault rifle though... But I don't like it. Maybe I'm just being harsh on it but... It seems to be a piece of shit.
User avatar
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 am
Location: Canada

Re: Just got ME3

Postby goob876 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 pm

A7XDrumCovers wrote:
goob876 wrote:
A7XDrumCovers wrote:
jloco11 wrote:On average, infiltrators are the strongest characters in the game. And that's due to tactical cloak giving you amazing power/weapon boosts.

Yea true, that shit has been a big help :-D
I enjoy incinerate too though. And that Talon Engineer guy isn't actually half bad now that I've given him a try. His concussive arrow are insane! xD


Maybe on bronze but he is completely horrible on any higher difficulty. concussive arrow only knocks down unprotected enemies and those enemies become rare in higher difficulties. His armor-piercing arrows are horrible too. You want something better than concussive arrow? Try concussive shot

I used him on silver and he seemed not too bad...
Concussive shot is decent I know that already, but I think carnage has got to be the best I've seen. That shit fucks enemies up sometimes.

Okay big question, I want better weapons, so should I use the arsenal pack or the premium spectre pack? I've been using the arsenal and not getting jack fuckin shit from it. I did get this striker assault rifle though... But I don't like it. Maybe I'm just being harsh on it but... It seems to be a piece of shit.


Well the arsenal pack SHOULD have a likelier chance of giving you weapons. I think the premium spectre pack has a higher chance for ultra-rares though. I would go for the premium spectre pack, I'm usually luckier with it, but that's just my experience.
PSN: goob876
goob876
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Just got ME3

Postby jloco11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:27 am

The buff to the Talon made him pretty decent, but to make him a good character, you sacrifice A LOT.

He needs points dedicated to melee damage to make his 2 arrow powers worth anything. His cain mine is awesome, but you have to place them properly to set them off. His arrows do quite a bit more damage since the buff, but he NEEDS to be a host character. Off host, he is not that great.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Just got ME3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 am

jloco11 wrote:The buff to the Talon made him pretty decent, but to make him a good character, you sacrifice A LOT.

He needs points dedicated to melee damage to make his 2 arrow powers worth anything. His cain mine is awesome, but you have to place them properly to set them off. His arrows do quite a bit more damage since the buff, but he NEEDS to be a host character. Off host, he is not that great.

Yea I noticed that. I buffed his melee for the sixth upgrade for health/armour/melee (if you get me)
I also buffed his concussive a lot. The Cain mine I didn't really pay too much attention. I bought up to upgrade 3 for it.
I have been using concussive shot a lot now today, and it's not really that great. It does okay on organics but absolute shit on armour and barriers. At least that's how I felt. I Almost have more money for a premium spectre pack then hopefully we can get some nice shit in it. Hoping for a ultra rare gun, that regenerates ammo. But that's a long shot considering I have so many other guns to still get. xD
User avatar
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 am
Location: Canada

Re: Just got ME3

Postby jloco11 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:54 am

A7XDrumCovers wrote:
jloco11 wrote:The buff to the Talon made him pretty decent, but to make him a good character, you sacrifice A LOT.

He needs points dedicated to melee damage to make his 2 arrow powers worth anything. His cain mine is awesome, but you have to place them properly to set them off. His arrows do quite a bit more damage since the buff, but he NEEDS to be a host character. Off host, he is not that great.

Yea I noticed that. I buffed his melee for the sixth upgrade for health/armour/melee (if you get me)
I also buffed his concussive a lot. The Cain mine I didn't really pay too much attention. I bought up to upgrade 3 for it.
I have been using concussive shot a lot now today, and it's not really that great. It does okay on organics but absolute shit on armour and barriers. At least that's how I felt. I Almost have more money for a premium spectre pack then hopefully we can get some nice shit in it. Hoping for a ultra rare gun, that regenerates ammo. But that's a long shot considering I have so many other guns to still get. xD


For his arrows to do damage, his Omni Bow power, the last power on the bottom, needs to have melee damage maxed out. No health or shield, all melee damage to get his arrows to do the most damage.

Armor piercing arrows are better than concussive arrows. But ideally his cain mines should get the full 6 points. Either way, I don't like how much you have to sacrifice with this character to make him feel worth a damn.
jloco11
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 21732
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Just got ME3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 am

Oh okay. Well, I still got my Quarians. I want a meatball now though. D:
User avatar
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 am
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Mass Effect

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron