Tips for Mass Effect Andromeda MP

Tips for Mass Effect Andromeda MP

Postby jloco11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:40 pm

For those who already know these tips, there's not much you're going to learn here. But for those new to Mass Effect MP, here are the keys to know about ranking up in the game:

- Don't be a badass and jump straight into Silver and Gold... run Bronze first, because your powers and equipment are going to be terrible until you collect a bunch of shit.

- Objective rounds are what earn you cash/credits, which you use to buy better gear. If you have to carry randoms, make sure these are the rounds you pass to get money.

- RUN AWAY!!!! Best strategy to staying alive in ME, was always running away. Especially on harder rounds.

- Biotic and Tech combos are your friend (if you have no idea what that means, you'll learn very quickly!). Players have the ability to combine powers to make explosions. Some classes, can make their own explosions, but in general Adepts/Vanguards work well together. Infiltrators/Engineers are another good combo. Sentinel can work with both, Soldiers sort of work on their own.

- DO NOT BUY HIGH LEVEL PACKS YET!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this one enough. The way Mass Effect works, is the game has shitty gear, less shitty gear, average, good, great, fucking rare. If you try buying the high end packs hoping for top notch shit, it will just give you shitty gear. You want to max out your shitty gear first, then less shitty gear. That way when you start buying the high end packs, the game will not give you anymore shitty gear.

- Save your rockets for groups of enemies, spawn points or objective rounds. Don't waste them on minor enemies

- There is no PERFECT way to rank up your character. There are ways though, of fucking them up. Each character will have 6 levels of upgrades to each of their 5 powers. The first 3 notches are standard, there's no choice involved. The final 3 upgrades all have a choice. You might be asked to choose between Power or Duration, More grenades or a Bigger Blast Radius etc. Most powers are a matter of preference, however, there are certain powers that have significantly better choices and better ways of ranking them up. It's good to ask or do a little internet research on ways to avoid fucking up your character powers.

- Each wave has a finite number of enemies. Say, 20 enemies per round... the game will not spawn more than that number of enemies the entire round. Best way to alter the spawns, is kill the low level shit first, THEN focus on the bigger enemies. Here's why. Say the first spawn brings in 5 low level, 2 medium and 1 difficult enemy. Kill the 5 low levels first, and that will spawn 5 more low level. Kill that next 5, and it will spawn another 5 low level enemies. If you kill them again, you will exhaust ALL spawns in that round, so all you faced was the 2 medium & 1 boss. If you kill the boss right away, another one will spawn in it's place. If you kill the medium enemies, another will spawn in their place. Control the spawns by killing low level shit first.

- For extraction (the final round), you only have to be at the extraction point when the timer hits 0. If extraction has a timer, you do not need to stay there the entire time. You only need to get there, once the timer is finished. Start extraction on the other side of the map, then shoot your way to extraction, which forces the spawn away from you. If randoms stay in extraction the whole time, they will die. Not much you can do about that.
jloco11

Re: Tips for Mass Effect Andromeda MP

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Some nice tips there, I'll definitely keep them in mind, thanks. I assume this was for ME3 though and we're not currently certainly how many of these rules will carry over to the new one?
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Some nice tips there, I'll definitely keep them in mind, thanks. I assume this was for ME3 though and we're not currently certainly how many of these rules will carry over to the new one?

Almost everything is carrying over based on the feedback from Pax. People were playing Bronze, but can see the guns are still sorted by rarity and have upgrades.

Spawns have a finite number, and taking on the bigger enemies meant they respawned.

Combos still work. And Bioware confirms that packs are still sorted by low, medium, high level gear. Which means they will most likely keep the RNG carousel wheel of gear going to make sure people play for a long time.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:27 pm

jloco11 wrote:Almost everything is carrying over based on the feedback from Pax. People were playing Bronze, but can see the guns are still sorted by rarity and have upgrades.

Spawns have a finite number, and taking on the bigger enemies meant they respawned.

Combos still work. And Bioware confirms that packs are still sorted by low, medium, high level gear. Which means they will most likely keep the RNG carousel wheel of gear going to make sure people play for a long time.
Or in my case, give up and stop playing when EP gets the Carnifex you've been after for months on his first game
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Mass Effect