Disillusioned in gaming.

Re: Disillusioned in gaming.

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:34 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:

Quality of story? No it doesn't affect that negatively by not having a voice but when it actually has a voice, it can add to the story positively.[/quote]But it can also substantially detract from it, is my main point here. It actively limits the amount of options available to you. You simply cannot get the sort of depth as you can in, say, Infinite Engine games because the amount of dialogue has to be cut down significantly.

Musashi1596 wrote:I know you loaded into the area but you also just stood there waiting there for him to repeat instead of moving in front of him which for curiosity is understandable but it nonetheless is your fault it's occurring because the game can't handle the speech whilst your out of their range (that really is a shitty loading spot though, being so high up that the character tries and fails to interact with you repeatedly).
The thing that broke the encounter is since you had let the game simulate and he went banana's running in circles that's what caused the character to break dialogue because he ran away out of your dialogue range, at least that's a simple fix by just reloading the autosave and speaking to him immediately rather than watch a robot chicken run around in circles then trying interact with him midway through his run.
No, you're absolutely not pinning that one on me. Bear in mind there are several encounters in Fallout 4 where people will become hostile if you come too close to them while you are talking. If they aren't immediately hostile and are in the middle of a sentence, the sensible thing to do is to let the finish it. His pathfinding was visibly broken before he finished the sentence and he started it again immediately. If a dev cannot account for you standing in the same place they put you then that's their fault. If I recall, you're supposed to be engaged in a dialogue window immediately, before you can do anything, and that did not happen so it was literally broken from the very second the area loaded. So no, it's not my fault. Besides, it was intended as nothing more than a funny video to say 'hey look, voice acting can be annoying sometimes'. Glitches are part and parcel of Bethesda games.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Allow me to add
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:45 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Allow me to add
Is he talking about the mission from my video? Would be hilarious if both came from the same questline.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:43 am

No, its just more of his random settlement side quests.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 am

SmellyUndies wrote:Bonus things that would never be funny to say via text with a mute character but sounds awesome with a voiced character:
https://youtu.be/xcIoUHgxAhg (One of my personal favourites)

Holy fuck this is amazing :lol: you could not mime that hahahaha
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Previous

Return to Gaming News