Gutter press vs Video games

Gutter press vs Video games

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:22 am

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... page-story

So this article on Eurogamer offers an interesting perspective on how certain sensational stories come into being and how video games are still perceived by some to be the underlying evil of society that drives so many to total ruin.

To no one's surprise the integrity of the stories being printed don't stand up too well, especially when reading the above article. Must admit I'm surprised EG were so brave to shine the spotlight on this guy for his clear lack of ethics.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Gutter press vs Video games

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Ah yes, I've been seeing reactions over this doing the rounds. It's quite a good breakdown and kudos to EG for putting it out.

Sadly, this will mostly just reach gamers, and we already knew it was all bullshit. Hopefully it will at least stir things up enough to get him fired. Not in a vindictive way, just in that he's clearly unfit to be a journalist.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:42 am

Not too surprised a tabloid taking bollocks, more surprised it was the Mirror though, this smells of Daily Mail :-D
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:58 am

Actually as I recall, this guy is well known to do work for The Sun, he's probably done work for the Daily Fail at some point I would imagine. Apparently the former are very keen to distance themselves from him now this story has come out. But we'll see how long that lasts.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Tabloids will always create a narrative to fit their view point on a story. They have a thought on what the result of the article should be, and find anecdotal pieces that fit their already envisioned conclusion.

It's like scientist wanting to prove his theory, ONLY doing experiments that prove his theory, avoid anything that disproves it, and ignores any conflicting evidence against it. Writers are no different, and those who want to use video games as scapegoats for things, will always sensationalize a story or 2 to justify their article.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Actually as I recall, this guy is well known to do work for The Sun, he's probably done work for the Daily Fail at some point I would imagine. Apparently the former are very keen to distance themselves from him now this story has come out. But we'll see how long that lasts.

When The Sun wants to distance themselves from you, you know you fucked up hard.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Gaming News