Headbanger's Guide #14 - My Findings August 2015

Headbanger's Guide #14 - My Findings August 2015

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:31 am

I'm back, and I'm really feeling like writing right now and since my computer is not gunna come on while it's storming like a bitch, I think we might as well make use of the good ol iPad and write out some bands and songs I've been totally into so far this year, and last year too. It's been forever since I last made one of these, and all I can really say is, I don't have a whole lot new to share. There hasn't really been any notable albums to discuss as of late, and talking about bands as a whole seems like a bit much, and some have also noted that same thing. So, I think the best decision to make here, would be to pick out some songs I've been crazy about lately, and show you guys what I have to offer. I promise, you will find something in here for you, I have quite the variety today. :-D

Love Bites (So Do I) - Halestorm
This song, is everything I've ever wanted out of a chick frontwoman band. I've been nuts over some Halestorm lately, and this song is what I think should define them, which is kind of sad because it really doesn't if you look at their history. This is probably their heaviest song and it sucks because if they kept going, I would buy every album. But they like their mainstream rock sound, so I guess props to them regardless. The song itself is really cool. It focuses a lot on drums and vocals, but guitar is not left out at all, it really helps bring the song together. The beat is repetitive but extremely catchy, the riffs are incredibly wicked, and Izzy Hale has a voice like no other, my God is she ever talented (and gorgeous :mrgreen: ) check the song out, it's totally awesome.

Stardust - Gemini Syndrome
Now this song is truly what metal should strive to be, in my opinion. It has a point of normality, and around that point we have heavy riffs and screaming, then soft riffs and quiet voices. The beat is hard to forget, that double kick and those off beat high hats are awesome. The guitar isn't a focal point in this song either but it is incredibly important regardless, and the riff at the start is one of the best riffs I've ever heard. I'm not usually a fan of vocals like this, but his voice just.. Works with this format. It's like Volbeat but more prominent and powerful, and I love it. Check this song out, it's damn good.

Halls of Valhallah - Judas Priest
I don't quite remember if I mentioned how metal is slowly becoming mainstream and most of the metal bands are getting calmer and softer and it sucks. Well, sometimes a band comes out of nowhere and proves me wrong and I love it. Judas Priest is one of them, fuck me are they ever metal saviours. Judas Priest has proven that even after nearly 40 years of recording, you can still sound like you are a medieval God who can bring on the thunder and make me want to thrash around a room from the amount of excitement metal brings me. This song sounds like it was made on one of their first albums, and it's outstanding. The guitar is on point, the bass is along for the ride, the drums are there and strong, and the singing.. Well, what can't Rob Halford do? Jesus Christ is he ever a monster. And this song proves that. Don't just take my word for it, please dear god, listen to this. If you like metal, listen to this right fucking now. It's the most satisfying thing to come out of 2014 ever.

Well, I better go sleep but I will be back with more in the future. I'm glad to be back and hope you are too. Keep on rocking. Until next time, farewell.
Last edited by A7XDrumCovers on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Re: Headbanger's Guide #14A - My Findings August 2015

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:49 pm

I ought to try Halestorm, I've heard good things. I went to an Alestorm concert once and people were going nuts over the two being confused, it was hilarious
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby HAYTRED » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Fun fact. Halestorm hails from Red Lion, PA. About an hour and a half away from me. Near York, PA...which is where Live is from...
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I ought to try Halestorm, I've heard good things. I went to an Alestorm concert once and people were going nuts over the two being confused, it was hilarious

Hah! I know a lot of people who get confused by those two, its kind of sad but also really funny. When I first heard of Alestorm, I was like wtf is that a spelling error? :lol:

Fun fact. Halestorm hails from Red Lion, PA. About an hour and a half away from me. Near York, PA...which is where Live is from...

Huh, thats awesome! Thats like me with Rush, I live 10 minutes away from their hometown!
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:01 am

A7XDrumCovers wrote:Love Bites (So Do I) - Halestorm
This song, is everything I've ever wanted out of a chick frontwoman band. I've been nuts over some Halestorm lately, and this song is what I think should define them, which is kind of sad because it really doesn't if you look at their history. This is probably their heaviest song and it sucks because if they kept going, I would buy every album. But they like their mainstream rock sound, so I guess props to them regardless. The song itself is really cool. It focuses a lot on drums and vocals, but guitar is not left out at all, it really helps bring the song together. The beat is repetitive but extremely catchy, the riffs are incredibly wicked, and Izzy Hale has a voice like no other, my God is she ever talented (and gorgeous :mrgreen: ) check the song out, it's totally awesome.

If you like Halestorm, try Devilskin and see if you like it! It is a wee bit different in comparison to Halestorm but I love it regardless! Best of all is that they hail from NZ so seeing them live is a relatively easy task to accomplish!

Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby HAYTRED » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I prefer Flyleaf for a badass frontlady.
though, they switched singers, which sucks.

At some point I acquired their song "Tina" on my Ipod, probably from a mixed CD or DL.
Prefer that as the song for liking them.

Be it that it's headbangers guide.
This opening scream though...

To stay on topic, I did have the pleasure of seeing Halestorm in Philly on the waterfront.
They were one of the opening acts for Staind. That was years ago...
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Return to Music