Batman strikes fear into PC gamers

PC Gamers Forum

Batman strikes fear into PC gamers

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:59 am

Everyone loves exclusive content on their system.

Arkham Knight gave plenty of exclusive content to PS4 gamers, but Rocksteady let the self-proclaimed "master race" have a little "exclusive content" of their own.

Spoiler: show
PERFORMANCE ISSUES!

THAT'S RIGHT!

Arkham Knight is experiencing performance issues exclusively on PC. Mostly frame rate drops.

I've been running the PS4 version all day, and the console versions are smooth as butter.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Re: Batman strikes fear into PC gamers

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 am

Well of course it's that way, Rocksteady became fucking lazy and did a Bethesda - let another Dev do the porting and it's all screwed up.
It was designed specifically for PS4 and fuck the rest aye?
Disappointing for a developer that usually set a high standard and then they do this.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby a3grlmreaper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am

A bit off topic from the discussion, but I really dont feel like creating another Arkham Knight thread, especially for something that is only speculation, and not truly confirmed.

Rocksteady has made it clear that this is the final "Batman" game. Obviously, they aren't going to shut down and never make another game ever, so what is next for the studio? They're notorious for teasing their next games in the current one, and someone has pointed out an increased amount of Superman easter eggs in the game. (Shows 3, which in an increase from the 0 we've seen before)

I think the big one is the Voicemail from Lex Luthor wanting to buy out Wayne's Applied Science Division. Makes you wonder why they would go to the trouble of hiring out a voice actor just for 1 message if it didn't mean anything. Also interesting is the "To Metropolis" poster.

I think we're seeing a pattern. First, Christopher Nolan did 3 movies of his darker Batman reboot, and they came out such a huge success, that they tried to do the exact same reboot with Superman.

Now that they've had 3 games that have become one of the top franchises in the industry, so what are the chances they are going to try and do it with Superman?

When you think about the previous Batman movies, some were good (some, not so much) but none of them really saw the success that The Dark Knight trilogy did. Same situations with the previous Batman games. Some were good, but never reached the levels that Arkham did. There's a bit of a pattern, and the next step in the pattern, is to recycle the successful Batman formula to make Superman successful.

With the Batman V Superman movie coming out, I'd say a game is a little overdo. There have been plenty of attempts at a Superman game (I had to google them because none of them were successful).

If you want a successful Superman franchise to hit AAA status, why not use a studio that has already made a successful Superhero franchise?
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 am

As a side note to this thread, I was going to put this in the Gaming News thread, however this more suited; Arkham Knight has been removed from the Steam store after a massive backlash against it's poor port to PC. It got so bad in fact that Warner Bros. and the studio that published the port was losing significant amounts of money due to their refund policy and the pre-order system. Also noted that it was removed by Steam, and not Warner Bros. or RockSteady.

I do genuinely feel sorry for RockSteady here, their PC partnership and team dedicated to creating the port were given a deadline of 6 weeks, along with only 12 members to complete the port. This is the lead reason for it's poor performance, it was never properly developed, many aspects of the game aren't even seen on the PC version due to the actual lack of PC code implemented to apply the process. But even then, it's bullshit that they were given such a small port time.
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby a3grlmreaper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Well, Smelly is right. When you don't do your own porting, this is what happens.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Return to PC