Drake Sword glitch

Drake Sword glitch

Postby Pauly » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:35 am

So what you are supposed to do is shoot the red dragons tail about 15-20 times. I have hit it about a 100. Any help on what I'm doing wrong?
User avatar
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:00 am
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Already answered this for Pauly in chat but will post here for any others with the same problem.

Make sure your Dexterity is at a minumum of 12. Any lower, and you won't be able to use the Shortbow efficiently, and won't have any luck. Mine was 17 at the time and it took me 18 arrows.
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Pauly » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Already answered this for Pauly in chat but will post here for any others with the same problem.

Make sure your Dexterity is at a minumum of 12. Any lower, and you won't be able to use the Shortbow efficiently, and won't have any luck. Mine was 17 at the time and it took me 18 arrows.

Actually you can do it with a Dexterity of 10 like I had, but I have been told it takes over a 100 arrows. Save the souls and get your Dex up to 12.
User avatar
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:00 am
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Well you are of course still hitting it so it would be possible but it's just not worth it for the effort it'd take. Stats dependant it could take fewer souls to level up than to buy all the arrows...
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 am

Just a note on the Drake Sword; using the two-handed Strong Attack (which emitts a shockwave) will reduce its durability extremely quickly.
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Pauly » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Just a note on the Drake Sword; using the two-handed Strong Attack (which emitts a shockwave) will reduce its durability extremely quickly.

Do you know if the strong attack is the same when wielding a shield?
User avatar
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:00 am
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Pauly wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:Just a note on the Drake Sword; using the two-handed Strong Attack (which emitts a shockwave) will reduce its durability extremely quickly.

Do you know if the strong attack is the same when wielding a shield?
It isn't, if you are holding something in your other hand the strong attack will just be a fairly normal slash, but if held two handed you'll raise it over your head and smash it downwards, creating a shockwave in the process.

Will test how standard strong attacks affect durability and get back to you.

Edit: A standard strong attack will not reduce your durability by more than 1 point; it will take several attacks to reduce it. However, a single two-handed strong attack will reduce it by a whopping 30 points.
Image
User avatar
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: England

Re: Drake Sword glitch

Postby Pauly » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Pauly wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:Just a note on the Drake Sword; using the two-handed Strong Attack (which emitts a shockwave) will reduce its durability extremely quickly.

Do you know if the strong attack is the same when wielding a shield?
It isn't, if you are holding something in your other hand the strong attack will just be a fairly normal slash, but if held two handed you'll raise it over your head and smash it downwards, creating a shockwave in the process.

Will test how standard strong attacks affect durability and get back to you.

Edit: A standard strong attack will not reduce your durability by more than 1 point; it will take several attacks to reduce it. However, a single two-handed strong attack will reduce it by a whopping 30 points.

Goddamn. That is ridiculous. Good to know.
User avatar
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:00 am
Location: Tampa, Florida


Return to Dark Souls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron