Co-op

Co-op

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Hey chaps,

Basically I have found out that it is pretty important that I assist people in killing bosses. A particular covenant requires you to have 50 Faith, and every time you help kill a boss, it drops by five. So if you could use a hand with a boss I'd be really grateful if you'd let me lend a hand, if possible. I'm currently level 73. Not sure how the system works this time around with regards to level ranges, not summoned anyone or been summoned yet, so will do some research on it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Co-op

Postby Pauly » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I thought the summoning was random? Just who ever leaves a mark and someone finds it to use it? I know there is no way to directly invite with Xbox.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:51 pm

You're right, there isn't. But it is possible to co-ordinate by leaving your summon sign in a pre-arranged place and co-ordinating. I've done co-op with several folk from here back on Demon's Souls like that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Pauly » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah, true. I plan on doing that with my friend if I ever actually decide to play this game.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby illoominator » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:43 pm

id be happy to let you help me out haha! in terms of levels, its 10% each way. ive been reading the ds forums and there are a bunch of different servers so its not guaranteed that 2 players are in the same server. its all down to luck as to whether you will be able to coop
illoominator
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm now on New Game+ so unfortunately am unlikely to be able to help you at the moment, even if we happen to be on the same server. Also now level 102.

I heard that the statement from the Devs was that there was no forumula for calculating levels now, that it is just +/-10 regardless, but also heard reports that it is inaccurate and in fact broader.

Haven't been able to help anyone with a boss yet, but I did summon my very first player to give me a hand yesterday. Summoned him, then went and grabbed Solaire (hadn't summoned NPCs before either) but unfortunately there no other signs about. Right before we got to the boss we got invaded, one unfortunate Black Phantom against three of us, he went down no trouble. Sadly we couldn't beat the boss. While very useful my summoned help got hit with an instant-kill attack and Solaire didn't last long. Same instant-kill attack disposed of me shortly afterwards as well. Ornstein is a bastard.

Incidentally my summoned help was the very first non-Japanese player I had encountered.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Dark Souls