Character Builds

Character Builds

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

I just posted my build in a thread over on PS3Trophies and figured we could do the same. Would be interesting to see how you're all approaching it. Here's mine.

SL 126

30 VIT 1100 max, generally sufficient.
12 ATT 2 slots.
47 END ...Kinda missed the fact that stamina capped at 40
20 STR Not too important for my playstyle.
52 DEX For Uchi scaling, not great though
20 RES Just a minor increase as a test more than anything.
15 INT Enough for some basic spell experimentation
12 FTH On the long way to 50 for WoS before summoning started.

RH: Varied a lot, usually Lightning Uchigatana +5, Pyromancy Flame +15
LH: Grass Crest Shield, Oolacile Ivory Catalyst

Head: Black Iron Helm
Chest: Black Knight Armour +5
Hands: Paladin Gauntlets +4
Legs: Gold- Hemmed Black Skirt

Rings: Dark Wood Grain Ring, Hornet Ring
Spells: Great Magic Weapon, Iron Flesh

Total Weight: 38.1/81.0
Overall Defenses: 346(146), 340, 368, 344; 267(139), 325 (145), 228 (147)

PVP

I didn't partake much in PVP so the build does not reflect any such intent. If invaded I'd usualy swap out the Lightning Uchi +5 for a standard Uchi+15 and apply Magic Weapon. My strength is in my evasion. My armour gives me some limited defense but isn't relied upon. The shield isn't really suitable for blocking repeated attacks but that's fine, because I don't use it. Just have it on for the residual stamina regeneration and two hand my Uchigatana, capitalising on superior mobility and fast strikes. If I can inflict bleeding quickly, all the better. Hornet Ring makes backstabs fairly damaging and, if the enemy is particularly predictable, I can whip the shield out and parry them.

PVE

Fairly similar to PVP but I stick with the Lightning Uchigatana as it means I don't have to be concerned about buffing my weapon. Use a Fire Shotel +15 where the situation calls for it and can swap out my Hornet Ring for something more appropriate to the circumstances. If I need to improve my defence (but not tank), by switching out the Hornet Ring for a Havel's Ring, I can wear a full set of Havel's Armour and still do backflips, so my high Endurance isn't entirely put to waste. Also occasionally grab the crystal ring shield; used to use it a lot when helping out against the Centipede Demon along with an Orange Charred Ring.

------
To be perfectly honest... I screwed up my character build somewhat. In Demon's Souls I had a fighter/mage hybrid that turned out really well, and I planned to go mainly Fighter-based with a hint of magic in Dark Souls, with a planned emphasis on katanas, but it didn't quite go as well as intended. The dexterity scaling wasn't as effective as I had been hoping without buffs so I usually reserved the buffed Uchi for specific confrontations rather than general play, for which the Lightning Uchi was just fine.
Not great but I do well with it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Character Builds

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:13 pm

SL level 130

49 VIT 1489 max
16 ATT 4 slots
40 END max stamina
14 STR
20 DEX Enough to weild a katana or Iaito
15 RES
15 INT Perfect for quite a few basic spells to be usable
42 FTH Great magic barrier comes in handy, especially for magic reliant invaders, doesn't last long mind you. Homeward is great as well, saves having to keep buying homeward bones, I use it a lot to save time

Head: Big Hat Logan's big hat +5
And other lightweight gear. Mix it up with some Black Knight Armour +5 sometimes for extra defence and poise. As zero poise can mean horrible stunlock deaths.

Spells: Homeward, Great Magic Barrier, Wrath of The Gods, Great Lightning Spear
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Character Builds

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:59 am

Yeah, having zero poise is a quick way to have a bad time. Great Lightning Spear is a solid spell to have. At least, I think. I never tried Faith builds in DS, but I did try it in DS2 and it was brutally powerful.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Dark Souls