Demon Souls

Re: Demon Souls

Postby Treehugger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:18 pm

The Cling Ring definitely just saved my life and helped my beat the tower knight. It took almost all my Grass to do it and a little help from some Turpentine. Though the last 25% of the fight I finally figured out his move set. Also I just read the weapon guide and believe I spotted a lizard thing. I couldn't kill it in time, but at least now I know.

I think I got most of what you said about tendencies.

Edit: Also the lizard repawned and killed him a couple of times for some shards. Also blue knights easy backstabs is perfect for grinding souls and half grass.
Last edited by Treehugger on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby LivingSky » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 pm

also one thing that you should at least consider doing. (if you don't want to do a lot of playthroughs) is to learn the duplication glitch of demon souls, personally I only used it to buy miracles, magic and stuff like that that needed a soul in particular. but it can also duplicate herbs and stuff like that if you don't feel like grinding.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:54 pm

LivingSky wrote:also one thing that you should at least consider doing. (if you don't want to do a lot of playthroughs) is to learn the duplication glitch of demon souls, personally I only used it to buy miracles, magic and stuff like that that needed a soul in particular. but it can also duplicate herbs and stuff like that if you don't feel like grinding.
Better advice; don't do that
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm probably only going to do one playthrough, and I don't like doing glitches when I game...at the very least not on the first run.

Edit: Okay that weapon guide is really easy to understand and useful. Going with either a Crushing/Quality build...or a Dragon build.

Also managed to help someone defeat the boss in 2-1 some big as fucking spider. Managed to start the elevator in my own world so I can hop right back in tomorrow.

Edit 2: Killed the spider by myself....was easier for some reason. Explored maybe 80% of 2-2. Bought the claymore leveled it up to +3 I plan making it a dragon/fire sword...my longsword might be magic or crushing. I saw patches....he tricked me, but I got the resistance ring. YAY ....I found a whole cluster fuck of crystal lizards in a cave but they disappeared before I got to them....and another one fell off a ledge. So they are pretty hit or miss with me....I followed one right through a mine tunnel with like 10-15 enemies got to the end and he vanished....turned around and spent 20 minutes trying not to die from the mob. Fun times.

Edit 3: Okay I decided to go with a Dragon Claymore Build currently at +1 I need 13 more dragon shards to make it +3 since I already 2 dragon chunks. Which shouldn't take too long to get.

My longsword will be a moonlight longsword already have it at +6, but I can't get the material until I start World 3 so I will do that after 2-2.

Which leaves me with the bow... no clue what to do with it. I do have some spider materials. I may go that route.

Also ran into Boss 2-2....flame lurker.....my best weapon uses fire.....which I added 20 minutes before I found this out....I should have known better xD Got killed in like 60 seconds got caught on a skeleton I was barely doing damage anyway. I read its weak against magic so I might just go to World 3 finish 3-1 and try to get my long sword to moon +2. I love the ability to choose which route you want to take.

Edit 4: Got my Dragon Claymore to +3 does about 300 damage and Moonlight Long Sword +1....prisoners drop moonlight shards my ass. I farmed them for like an hour and a half and got shit. Bless the once royal mistress. 3,000 for a shard will take 20 minutes to farming to get enough souls to get it to +3. Already beat 3-1 Boss....and most of 3-2....but Maneater(s) fucked me over. Almost had the first one dead....and then he brought company and got demolished. After I get my moonlight I will just move to 4-1 and try my luck there.

Edit 5: Managed to farm for an hour to get my Moonlight Long Sword to +4 does about 254. Now I have to raise my intelligence so I can at least use Warding since it guards better than protection. Then just level up vitality/magic rest of the game.....also all my armor is broken and will take roughly 10,000 souls which will only take 10 minutes. Also need to get the thief ring from world one and the purple shield below those dragons. Also need to raise strength 2 levels.

Edit 6: As of now I have fully completed Worlds 2 and 4 which only leaves me 1-3, 3-2(cleared just can't beat the maneaters...i keep falling off the fucking ledge T_T) 3-3. I haven't started World 5 at all. I will tackle it next. World 4 was a breeze....storm god...pun okay I'll stop. Seriously the grinding to kill Flamelurker made the world easy...even the bosses. Though Old Hero was a slight challenge...more than Mothra at least. So going by the pattern I only have 6 bosses left...and probably a final boss when I clear all 5 worlds. So 7 bosses? Who knows I will find out eventually. Though I might need some help if anyone still has the game and is near my level...mainly with Maneaters. I would like to co op with some people before I finish the game.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Decided to do a new post. I hate fucking Maneaters....correction I hate narrow ass hallways fucking hundreds of feet in the air and having to fight two flying creatures which can pounce and throw you off. Took me forever to kill them. Now I have killed every boss.....except the guy in 1-4. This dude is kicking my shit in. Hell just getting to him is a pain. Any tips because I've lost a few soul levels already T_T. I think I might just put arrow after arrow into the dragon because getting past him is the hardest part.
Last edited by Treehugger on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Treehugger wrote:Decided to do a new post. I hate fucking Maneaters....correction I hate narrow ass hallways fucking hundreds of feet in the air and having to fight two flying creatures which can pounce and throw you off. Took me forever to kill them. Now I have killed every boss.....except the guy in 1-4. This dude is kicking my shit in. Hell just getting to him is a pain. Any tips because I've lost a few soul levels already T_T. I think I might just put arrow after arrow into the dragon because getting past him is the hardest part.
Old King Allant? I think I dealt a lot of the damage to him with Firestorm. What a beautiful, beautiful spell. Otherwise I pretty much fought him in conventional melee, have to be good at dodging though, and it's pretty risky because of his soulsucker ability. Which, if you didn't know, drains your soul level. I had to change it up somewhat though because my main weapon was a Crescent Falchion, and magical weapons don't work too well on him (so try not to use your Moonlight long sword if you can help it). He's apparently fairly weak in ranged combat, but I didn't use that much so I can't say I tried it. Just keep a good shield if you try that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 am

I beat him only took roughly 30ish tries. I probably would have died less if I went into human form...I think I was in soul form for every single boss....and world.

I stuck with my moonlight sword. I only used two swords the entire game...and the claymore was too slow and would have got me killed faster so really had no choice...unless I were to grind for materials and get a new weapon. I also used protection and Homing Soul Arrow...oh man Homing Soul Arrow is a beautiful spell and did most of the damage.

Final boss after him was child's play....seriously just pathetic.

Went on to Dark Souls and managed to kill the Asylum and Minotaur Demon.

Already loving it more than Demon's Souls.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:55 am

Treehugger wrote:I beat him only took roughly 30ish tries. I probably would have died less if I went into human form...I think I was in soul form for every single boss....and world.

I stuck with my moonlight sword. I only used two swords the entire game...and the claymore was too slow and would have got me killed faster so really had no choice...unless I were to grind for materials and get a new weapon. I also used protection and Homing Soul Arrow...oh man Homing Soul Arrow is a beautiful spell and did most of the damage.

Final boss after him was child's play....seriously just pathetic.

Went on to Dark Souls and managed to kill the Asylum and Minotaur Demon.

Already loving it more than Demon's Souls.
I rather prefer Demon's, to be honest.

You ought to consider NG+ and tendency manipulation. There's a lot you won't have seen yet.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Yeah I will mess with that stuff a little bit later. I just want to experience all three souls games before Dark Souls III.

Yesterday/Today Dark Soul's Session

Early morning I'm going through Dark Root....or maybe its Basin I see a Hydra....fuck I only have one spell and that's fire ball. Oh well I will just get in his face and slash.....doesn't realize the boss is sitting in front of a giant pit which you can barely see.....falls to my death. Finally I realize you have to get close and bait the heads and strike them which was easy for all of them but the last one. Moving slow as fuck and the head would always go to far. Finally I figured out you have to bait and roll and strike quickly for the final one.

Once that was done I have nowhere to go and then I remembered Blight town......fucking Blight town. Which I love and hate. So much poison....height.....leech related deaths. Took me 2-3 hours to clear it....not including the boss battle. I accidentally missed it the first time....and went the wrong way. Went up the....water wheel and took me to somewhere else I think New Lando? Realized I fucked up and backtracked. Saw the boss gate ran through the poison and got rocked to death. Finally I have a clue and get inside....okay my time to shine. For the whole time fire attacks have been crushing it. This boss will be cake....runs in dodges to the side and throws 2-3 fireballs.....its a giant spider it should be weak against fire. Suddenly she spits lava right at me and take 75% of my health....I was wearing weak fire defense armor. Unprepared....to the max. After a few more tries I finally kill her....I want to go back to Fire shrine and take the shortcut to Dark root because I had enough to purchase the seal to unlock that gate. Thirty minutes later I realize I can take the water wheel to Drake? cross a bridge and maybe 10 seconds take an elevator to New Lando. Go around the corner to the other tower and BAM in Fire Shrine....so I can get back here in 5 minutes to tackle the Demon Ruins later....I took one look at them saw all that lava and said fuck that. Plus I rang the second bell so when I was running back to dark root I saw the tower gate was up. So I will tackle that next.

I open the seal of artorias. I run a little bit ahead and suddenly 4-5 NPCs come out of nowhere and slaughter me in 5 seconds. So I run like a bitch around the whole area and stumble upon the boss. A giant wolf holding a fucking sword....awesome AND FINALLY being a pyro fucker pays off. After his large swings I throw 1-2 fireballs. Without swinging my sword once I was able to get him down to 30-40% health. The rest was just shielding his attack and attacking him after. I'm still wondering when I will get that giant dragon off the bridge though. Well that was enough for this weekend. I will play again in 2-3 days. Maybe I will find the missing girl while I'm at it....or the bastard who killed the girl behind the bars.

I love how all interconnected the worlds are. I also like how Bloodborne is a combination of Demons Souls and Dark Souls. It has the central Hub like in Demons Souls where you can warp to anyplace, but is also interconnected like in Dark Souls where you can basically travel the whole game by walking.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Treehugger wrote:... ... ... .. . . . . . ..... . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... ...... ... . .... ... ...... .. . ...... . .. .... ..... ...... ... ... ..... ... ..... ..... ......... ... . . . . . ..... . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... ...... ... . .... ... ...... .. . ...... . .. .... ..... ...... ... ... ..... ... ..... ..... ......... ... . . . . . ..... . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... .. . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... ...... ... . .... ... ...... .. . ...... . .. .... ..... ...... ... ... ..... ... ..... ..... ......... ... . . . . . ..... . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... ...... ... . .... ... ...... .. . ...... . .. .... ..... ...... ... ... ..... ... ..... ..... ......... ... . . . . . ..... . . . .. . ..... ... . .... . . ........... ... .. .. ......... ... .. . . .. .... ........ .......... ... ...... ... . .... ... ...... .. . ...... . .. .... ..... ...... ... ... ..... ... ..... ..... ......... . . . ... .... ..... .... .. ... ..... ... .. ... ... .. . . ... .. .. ... . .. .. .. . ......
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Dark Souls