GTA V character deletion

GTA V character deletion

Postby Flyinreaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 am

Lately after playing GTA Online I noticed my character keeps getting deleted. This is the second time this has happened and i lost all of my weapons and cars. Is there anyway to get it back? Or do I have to keep on creating new characters?
Flyinreaper
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Re: GTA V character deletion

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:21 am

Just wait until Jloco sees this thread.... will he have a story for you.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby mrsulu » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:30 am

Flyinreaper wrote: Or do I have to keep on creating new characters?

STOP doing this! If the cloud is down you wont see your character. If you want to make another, use 2nd slot. You are just overwriting yourself every time you use slot 1.
mrsulu
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby jloco11 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Just wait until Jloco sees this thread.... will he have a story for you.

Haha, oh man I figured someone was going to say something before I scrolled down!

Flyinreaper wrote:Lately after playing GTA Online I noticed my character keeps getting deleted. This is the second time this has happened and i lost all of my weapons and cars. Is there anyway to get it back? Or do I have to keep on creating new characters?

Depends on how it was deleted, but making a new character will ultimately erase everything, so don't go that route right away. If you get reset to a level 1 default character, where you need to create a new character to access the online portion of the game, DO NOT MAKE another character. There is a chance that you will get your shit back (not guaranteed).

If you lose a character, and the game has already replaced it with another randomly made character and throws you into the tutorial immediately, then all is lost. You won't get it back no matter what you do or how long you wait. If you go to the character selection screen, and see something that you haven't created, chances are you lost everything. But if you see a blank canvas, with no character and the system asks you to create another character, you still have a chance of getting your shit back.
jloco11

Postby Flyinreaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Does anyone know when rockstar will roll out a patch for this?
Flyinreaper
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:49 am

When they feel like it.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby mrsulu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:08 am

New update 1.03 out this morning, don't know what it did yet no info available on news wire
mrsulu
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dazzafett » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Ive been avoiding the online so far until all the different problems are sorted out.
I still have loads to do on the Single player tho so i am not in any rush and dont like the sound of having precious time wasted due to those sorts of errors.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Flyinreaper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 am

jloco11 wrote:
a3grlmreaper wrote:Just wait until Jloco sees this thread.... will he have a story for you.

Haha, oh man I figured someone was going to say something before I scrolled down!

Flyinreaper wrote:Lately after playing GTA Online I noticed my character keeps getting deleted. This is the second time this has happened and i lost all of my weapons and cars. Is there anyway to get it back? Or do I have to keep on creating new characters?

Depends on how it was deleted, but making a new character will ultimately erase everything, so don't go that route right away. If you get reset to a level 1 default character, where you need to create a new character to access the online portion of the game, DO NOT MAKE another character. There is a chance that you will get your shit back (not guaranteed).

If you lose a character, and the game has already replaced it with another randomly made character and throws you into the tutorial immediately, then all is lost. You won't get it back no matter what you do or how long you wait. If you go to the character selection screen, and see something that you haven't created, chances are you lost everything. But if you see a blank canvas, with no character and the system asks you to create another character, you still have a chance of getting your shit back.

Thanks for the info. I had a blank canvas like you said, so I might have a chance of getting it back. Now I wait.
Flyinreaper
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Postby dazzafett » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

To compensate for some of the Technical errors with the online since launch R* are giving everyone that plays online during October GTA$ 500k to be used online.
This is to compensate people that have lost characters, cars ect however everyone will get the bonus even if they have not lost anything.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... -this.html

They also say another Patch is out next week which should fix the remaining issues.

Sounds like its time to log in online and start a Toon then :mrgreen:
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Return to Grand Theft Auto V