Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Re: Gaming with the artists formerly known as G4L...

Postby jloco11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:It's funny I bought the season pass for both The Division and Destiny 2 and I have never even downloaded any of the DLC's that I paid for because by the time they released I either got sick of the games and/or I didn't have the time to keep grinding.
Money obviously well spent :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I finished playing The Division by the time Underground released because it took so fucking long and I had already platinumed the game, and Destiny 2 was too much of a grind for me to match game time with you both in the US and my busy late night work schedule. I'm pretty sure I quit D2 2 weeks before the Hard Mode raids came out and then I had essentially stopped PS4 gaming after Christmas because I just don't have the time anymore which is a shame :sad:

Sucks being an adult, huh :lol:
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Finally got to the All Star game in MLB the Show, and I can tell whoever the programmer was for choosing the All Stars team, is a fucking Milwaukee Brewers fan! The game was determined to have 3 Brewers in the All Star game, even though they were an under .500 team and didn't have 3 fucking all stars.

1 player deserved to go without question (Christian Yelich), a second player got a shitload of votes for some reason (Lorenzo Cain). He was in the top 10 in only 2 categories, At Bats & Stolen Bases but somehow had more votes than people with better stats. Then the game wanted their catcher to be an all star...... he was fucking 7th in the voting!!!!!! 7th, not even top 5 at his position, but 7th. It made no sense at all. On top of that, the person who didn't make the all star game because of him was Kris Bryant who is 2nd in homeruns and 4th in RBIs.........................and he plays 3rd base! WTF

So I changed his position hoping it would remove him from the all star game and put Bryant in. Nope, it puts their second basemen in the game.

Change their 2nd baseman's position. Nope, puts their shortstop in.

Change SS..... 3rd Baseman. Then 1st baseman, then RF. The game was determined to get 3 Brewers in the all star game and leave Bryant out.

So then I changed all kinds of players positions in the game to get the All Star team I wanted. Each time I changed a position to get Bryant in, another worthy all star was dropped. 2 fucking hours to get the all star team right.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm

The even funnier part was the pitching staff. My 5 aces on the Mets lead in votes for starting pitching. Familia was second in voting at the closer spot. After all the position changing bullshit to avoid the Brewers, I noticed the game only selected Syndergaard and Familia for the all star game.

Fine, I have 3 starters voted in.... and a 4th player as a backup. 6 Mets is more than enough............................................ until I saw the Dodgers were given more!

They had 1 player voted in (Turner 3rd base). Then selected Puig, Seager & Bellinger as backups. THEN, put in Kershaw & Wood as starting pitchers, a reliever and Jansen as a closer. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! My 5 pitchers had more votes, so I an understand if they didn't want all 5 starters, by then why the fuck are the Dodgers getting 2 starters after all their backups are in the game????? They're in first, but so were the Cubs and the Cubs got fucked over badly with Bryant missing the all star (because of the Brewers crap). They literally had just 1 all star, and that was Rizzo at 1B.

So on top of changing the Brewers positions, I had to make some changes to the pitching staff and Dodgers :mrgreen: I made 4 of my starters a closer, and the 5th a reliever. I don't know why, but the game allowed multiple relief pitchers from 1 team, but not the starters.

Kershaw deserved to go, but not Wood......... changing my starters changed the rotation from Syndergaard, Kershaw, Scherzer, Wood, Greinke..... to Kershaw, Scherzer, Greinke, Kyle Hendrick from the Cubs and Smarjzdia from the Giants.

My bullpen though was fucking stacked! 5 Mets starters, Familia and they added the Padres closer who was ahead of Familia. Jansen of the Dodgers missed out.

The changes to the starting rotation, changed which position players could get in. Puig & Bellinger were dropped. Closers from the Cardinals & Pirates were removed. Position players replaced those 2. End of the day, after all that, I got the All Star team I wanted.

What SHOULD have been a feature of the fucking game, is you get to pick the bench of the all star team. That's not an option, even when my Mets will win this World Series. Can't pick all star teams, CPU does it for you.
jloco11

Postby HAYTRED » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

jloco11 wrote:
SmellyUndies wrote:It's funny I bought the season pass for both The Division and Destiny 2 and I have never even downloaded any of the DLC's that I paid for because by the time they released I either got sick of the games and/or I didn't have the time to keep grinding.
Money obviously well spent :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I finished playing The Division by the time Underground released because it took so fucking long and I had already platinumed the game, and Destiny 2 was too much of a grind for me to match game time with you both in the US and my busy late night work schedule. I'm pretty sure I quit D2 2 weeks before the Hard Mode raids came out and then I had essentially stopped PS4 gaming after Christmas because I just don't have the time anymore which is a shame :sad:

Sucks being an adult, huh :lol:

always time for video games.
take a day off from work, get paid to play video games.
tell the significant other that you don't feel good so you can stay home and grind a global event for a cosmetic mask.
work from home when every 15 minutes you just move something around on your laptop.

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything on Destiny...that's for sure.

However, Division is really good at this point.
UG and Survival DLCs were worth the money. The PVP Last stand DLC, isn't, really.
Even the resistances that were free, basically Division zombies...
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Yeah, definitely not missing much in Destiny. If people return, it would be the fall DLC, but otherwise it's no different than the first day people played.

Only the new raid lair is decent, since it's quick.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Finally made my big summer purchase..................... got my grill!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Genesis- ... 1000240957

Cheaper than the price listed, since I had them hold the in-store sale + installation. I have a natural gas line outdoors, so I don't need charcoal or propane.

Combined with all the accessories and shit I needed (a cover, natural gas hoses + converter, brush for cleaning, silicone gloves)...... grand total of $2,000 for all that shit.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Bungie has been posting videos of the exotics they're buffing/changing.

Graviton Lance looks like it can be fun again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88Sm1kE8FU
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:58 pm

So Bungie's added ways of fixing the game:

- Getting to max light now requires weekly/harder activities. Exotic farming in public events no longer works, have to do Nightfalls, raids, Trials and the other milestones to get to 380 light in the expansion.

- Clan engrams for other people accomplishing shit won't bump people up that high in light level. So basically adding more grind to play longer.......................... oh joy.

- 340 to 370 light climb will be easy, the last 10 levels are the bitch

They showed some exotic improvements. Rat King is getting more powerful, and the power increase starts with fewer players. Before it got more powerful the more people you had with it, now the power increases dramatically with just 1 person and tapers off when you get all 6 with it.

Skyburners Oath scout rifle will lob fire volleys when hip fired. Slow fully auto when ADSing.

Durm & Strang combo will do more damage together.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 pm

God of War comes out today, so that's another game to keep me busy. All the reviews say it's amazing, so I'll pick that up today or tomorrow.

Something happened to my MLB game yesterday. Middle of a game, it crashes... goes all the way out to XMB screen. I get back into the game, and notice that my settings have all reset. It's asking me to pick a favorite team again, wants to know if I want to go through the tutorial.

Stop, restart PS4. Log back in and again.... setting reset. I check my franchise, and the game that I got booted out of when the game crashed, shows that it completed! And saved!!!! I have autosaves off.

Had to do all my settings over, sliders over, camera angles, fielding options. WTF, the game just totally crapped out and acted like none of my progress existed. Good thing my franchise didn't delete or corrupt, but that shit was weird as fuck.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Some games will add microtransactions to ANYTHING. Fucking MLB the Show just did the same shit.

I expect sports games to have old school jerseys, equipment, or any other item that is cosmetic. But in your Franchise mode, they give you a budget to use in the offseason on free agents (5 million in my case). I know that I have sponsorships, and that brought in 15 million, so I thought I had 20 million to spend on people.

Nope, 5 million. HOWEVER, there are microtransactions to increase your budget!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Apparently if I want a 50 million dollar budget, I can buy microtransactions to increase my franchise spending limit. And of course, the game is doing this in the year the free agent market will be ridiculous.

So far, I have seen Clayton Kershaw (99), Bryce Harper (96), Andrew Miller (95), Paul Goldschmidt (94), Josh Donaldson (93), Manny Machado (91), Dallas Keuchel (90), Craig Kimbrel (90) and Daniel Murphy (89) hit the FA market by practice simming ahead.

And the real fucked up shit............... every team but me had players retire! Whether it's minor leaguers who suck, older players who shouldn't be playing. Nope, they all stick around. David Wright won't retire, Adrian Gonzalez won't retire although he is a free agent that I will drop.

I also have to sign a shitload of my team. Familia is a free agent and I can't let him go. Matt Harvey hits FA and wants $20 million a year (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), deGrom, Syndergaard and Wheeler hit arbitration. Cespedes, Bruce, Frazier are on the books for next year, so I can't just drop them.

Seriously, being a GM sucks :lol:
jloco11

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts