****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Sony hardware and exclusive games.

Re: ****Newer New****** Trophy Whore Thread

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:14 pm

I expect these will just become more and more common. No worse than games that expect you to grind out several thousand hours though, just the other side of the ridiculous spectrum.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Yes Its a shame as it really devalues the whole Trophy experience.
Tho for me they devalued a long time ago now when they started adding Trophies that meant you had to rely on other people for you to be able to achieve them.

Going for Trophies and especially Platinums provided a great period in my Gaming history tho.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Treehugger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:51 am

Platted Muv Luv and Muv Luv alternative. Both visual novels so wasn't that hard, but as of a few minutes ago I finally platinumed Persona 5. It wasn't that hard after 3 playthroughs I had 80% of the trophies and 75% of the compendium done. Just had to grind through the games, books, and tools. Finishing the compendium only took about 2 million of my 3 million so didn't even need to grind for money. Almost makes me want to go and plat Persona 4.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 am

The Persona games are great, but I don't think I would really enjoy platting them. Surprised they haven’t released P4 Golden on the PS4, you'd think a remaster of that would sell really well.

I'm playing Dead Cells at the moment, currently on very hard difficulty. They're not lying, it is quite a challenge!
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:56 pm

I picked up Chasm and Death's Gambit over Dead Cells. I'm kind of regretting that decision. Chasm was decent, but death's gambit is nowhere near as good as I was hoping. Right now my biggest challenge is finding motivation to play it.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Treehugger wrote:I picked up Chasm and Death's Gambit over Dead Cells. I'm kind of regretting that decision. Chasm was decent, but death's gambit is nowhere near as good as I was hoping. Right now my biggest challenge is finding motivation to play it.
That's a shame, it looked pretty good. It's in my wishlist at the moment but I might give it a miss.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:27 am

Okay I just sat down and just knocked out the last 5 bosses in a couple of hours. My opinion on the game is slightly better and would recommend it down the line when on sale, but absolutely not right now. The combat isn't smooth as it could be which leads you to easy deaths. The lack of d pad movement sucks. You have to block in the direction of an enemy when they attack to actually block it which wouldn't be a problem, but the controls aren't as on point so you make a lot more mistakes. I only beat it once, but honestly I don't think the classes will be much different. I picked up assassin, but hated the daggers and switched to a spear halfway through. Attacks felt simple and animation felt off sometimes.The map is simple which can be good or bad. I personally didn't experience a lot of bugs, but a lot of people have experienced glitches which ruined the game for them. Also after beating the final boss no trophy popped up. Looked online and this a problem so a few of the trophies are bugged and the game throws you into NG+ immediately after beating it so have to go through the whole game again to get it. Also for fuck sake they need to change the upgrade stats. Theirs stats to increase kind of like dark souls, but it honestly feels like half of the options are worthless. The increases are so meager there is little point to do anything besides vitality and strength/skill. Also endurance is practically mandatory. Seriously I pumped like 25 points in endurance and like 3 rolls drained it completely. Though I did dump like 40 points into finesse/skill do I was doing a shit load of damage so I guess it didn't matter. I could stunlock bleed the final bosses in seconds.

It has a nice foundation and might be nice in the future, but it needs work...a lot of work. Still mad about the final trophy not popping up.

Edit: Ok and I forgot when a lot of stuff happens on screen it started lagging and when it stopped enemy AOE were on me and killed me instantly. So yeah there is that not to mention the final boss is an AOE fuck fest and gave me an error in the final stage of the fight.....didn't enjoy that either.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Platted Spiderman pretty easy platinum with nothing missable just have to 100% the game and you will most likely have everything naturally by the end. I had all, but 3 trophies and took only an hour to get them mainly one.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Treehugger wrote:Platted Spiderman pretty easy platinum with nothing missable just have to 100% the game and you will most likely have everything naturally by the end. I had all, but 3 trophies and took only an hour to get them mainly one.
Yeah, I've heard a few people say you'll pretty much get it naturally. Which is fair enough really.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Will have to get it eventually, always enjoyed a bit of Spiderman. Apparently it has sold incredibly well so I'd guess good odds on a sequel.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Sony