PlayStation 4 - The Games

PlayStation 4 - The Games

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm

So which PS4 games are you most excited for so far, one of the ones below? Or a game that hasn't been named yet? Let me know if I have missed any or if further titles are announced and I shall add them to the list.

DriveClub
Killzone Shadow Fall
The Witness
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Deep Down
Knack
Watch Dogs
InFamous: Second Son
Diablo 3
Destiny

I liked everything I saw.. at least those games that actually showed us some gameplay.

One of the titles I'm most interested in is the one from MM that they didn't name. The ability to create your own 3D world in what appears to be an incredible amount of detail, clearly this is the next step from LittleBigPlanet for them. The potential from this title seems mind blowing to me, and I'm looking forward to hearing more on it and I hope it comes out close to the release of PS4.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: PlayStation 4 - The Games

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

I was having stream problems throughout so I had difficulty seeing most of the games. InFamous looked impressive, even though I haven't got into the series yet. which I should, seeing as I technically own them. Killzone Shadow Fall absolutely blew me away, it looks amazing. Very brave of them to demo live footage too. The rest I could barely see. I saw a couple of frames of armour in what I think might have been Deep Down, so I'll probably like it.

Very glad to hear about Diablo 3. It had been announced for the PS3 bloody ages ago and then just sort of disappeared, something that had actually been bothering me lately, so glad to see it's not been forgotten. Also great to see The Witcher 3 confirmed, even though we were supposed to see 2 on the PS3.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Musashi1596 wrote: I saw a couple of frames of armour in what I think might have been Deep Down, so I'll probably like it..

Check the footage from 4:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGkHlrP ... r_embedded
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Sony was smart... some new series, some familiar names and some third party surprises.

HOWEVER, if they really wanted to hit it out of the park, having some of their heaviest hitter exclusives would have stole the show. Uncharted 4, Metal Gear 5 (or whatever Kojima is working on) or The Last Guardian.

GT6 was announced for PS3, which is odd. Then again that Drive game looked like quality, so having GT6 would have been redundant.

What WOULD have brought the house down was a COD/Battlefield presentation.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:58 pm

True, they have to save some stuff for E3 though, keep that momentum going.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:True, they have to save some stuff for E3 though, keep that momentum going.

There's more than just E3, they have about 8 different shows before the release of the console. But you never get a second chance at making a first impression.

If you want to hit Microsoft where it hurts, the exclusives are things MS can't really counter with. Halo 5 wouldn't be ready by a 2013 launch and Gears of War certainly won't release 2 games in 1 year. Those are their 2 biggest titles.

Of the exclusives that can be released, Forza could be one (a wash with GT and the new driving game on PS3). Fable is always overhyped but underwhelming. Leaving Alan Wake 2 as their only top tier game.

Forza/Fable/Alan Wake versus Gran Turismo/Final Fantasy/Uncharted/Metal Gear/Little Big Planet. Sony could have literally crushed the launch title market.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 pm

I see your point, there are advantages to doing it that way, but it's not Sony's way. I think Sony will have their next Naughty Dog game prepared as a well timed counter to anything their competition has, as a 'Don't forget about how incredible the PS4 will be, oh and it will also have this exclusive title.' They have a tendency to tease more and more information, keeping people excited to learn more throughout the time towards launch. Keeps people thinking, "What else does Sony have up their sleeves?"

Plus we need to consider how much footage they currently have for certain titles at the moment. Announcing a game without any decent footage or trailers really takes the spark out of it.
Take the game Beyond Good and Evil 2, it has the potential to be one of the most amazing next gen' games ever but when they announced it was being worked on, it had about three screen shots released, with the release schedule being several years away. Probably the least exciting game announcement ever, despite how keen fans are to see a sequel.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Agreed, but that said, if they announced an FFVIII remake with just one screenshot I'd still get hyped.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Agreed, but that said, if they announced an FFVIII remake with just one screenshot I'd still get hyped.

Or they could just release an incredible looking tech demo of a potential remake, and then when fans go beserk with excitement they could go, "lol, wat? Don't be silly. Too expensive." :mrgreen:
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:I see your point, there are advantages to doing it that way, but it's not Sony's way. I think Sony will have their next Naughty Dog game prepared as a well timed counter to anything their competition has, as a 'Don't forget about how incredible the PS4 will be, oh and it will also have this exclusive title.' They have a tendency to tease more and more information, keeping people excited to learn more throughout the time towards launch. Keeps people thinking, "What else does Sony have up their sleeves?"

Plus we need to consider how much footage they currently have for certain titles at the moment. Announcing a game without any decent footage or trailers really takes the spark out of it.
Take the game Beyond Good and Evil 2, it has the potential to be one of the most amazing next gen' games ever but when they announced it was being worked on, it had about three screen shots released, with the release schedule being several years away. Probably the least exciting game announcement ever, despite how keen fans are to see a sequel.

Oh there's no question footage and how far along in development games are caused them to have less content on hand. I can't imagine any game at this point has something other than a pretty looking trailer like Killzone or Destiny.

And with the amount of money Sony has lost (from their non-gaming businesses), beating your competition down is the only way to get back the PS2 market share they had. Wii U is falling miserably (too much like the Wii). Ouya is a fad that will not fully catch on until it turns itself into a true console. Steam Box will have exclusivity issues.

Leaves MS as their expected competitor. Knowing they have no Master Chief or Marcus Fenix, knowing the rumors of no used games (I believe these to be untrue), Sony's strength has always been it's home grown studios. They could shown a title of Uncharted 4 and the crowd would have been hyped. They could have had Solid Snake's voice talking on a phone, and the crowd would have been drooling. No need for details, just tease the audience with details of the best video games series on the console.
jloco11

Next

Return to PlayStation 4