Infamous Second Sons

Re: Infamous Second Sons

Postby thebigb59 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:15 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:I just finished my playthrough on regular (I don't really trophy hunt nor did I remember how hard these games were) and did on good karma.
FUUUUCK that was a good game. Near the end really made my blood boil and it felt like I hated the moment as much as Delsin.

I rocked around in Cole McG's jacket which was a nice little easteregg and I finished all the collectibles before going into the main boss fight.
I got about 9 Silver trophies in one playthrough purely by doing some easy collectible hunting, definitely worth it considering you can see each shard.

With Powers I'll spoiler because it lists the powers by name and it's uses.
Spoiler: show
I'd have to say, Smoke was by far my favourite power, it was offense, defense and fun.

I felt Neon was a little more defensive than offensive which to me was only handy if I wanted to run like a bitch.

Video was cool as, I like the effect of flying up buildings rather than running plus you could move faster flying on the ground than with Smoke. It was offensive in the way how you could around Invisible and take people out (not my style so I didn't want to bother with it) but dammn were those swords some shit? They take out Bosses fast with the triple hit.

Concrete is a major offensive play to use but your only real defense is running like a concrete wall heh.

But Smoke, that power was the shining star in the powers, it made things a hellaova lotta fun.

Overall this game was well worth my $135 for the special edition. I really enjoyed that, now to do the paper trail side missions.

thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Loving this game at the moment, only started playing it yesterday but wow, so much fun! It really makes you feel like a kick ass super hero, even more than the first two games. Throwing in the odd bit of destructible terrain here and there was definitely a good move as well. And they gave the AI moral too, finally enemies that are believable! When you're on a rampage you will often see enemies quickly surrender or run away. So many good choices. And the graphics are stunning. Well done Sucker Punch.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jdot07 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Completed my first playthrough yesterday on normal with good karma and it was pretty good but the difficulty and and gameplay could do with some improvements.

- Firstly difficulty, I know not everyone's a gaming ninja but not once did the game really offer much of a challenge, sure some fight were dragged out but that doesn't make it hard and I know I played on normal but after starting on expert there really not much difference apart from the fights being even more stretched out.

- Jumping, I don't why but this really gets to me the fact that Denzil can jump over walls taller then him but has difficulty jumping on a car! Maybe it's just me approaching from wrong angle but still pisses me off.

- Side missions, yeah tedious and repetitive but then I love Assassin's Creed so wasn't much of an issue.

*** SPOILERS *** - Story I thought was good but lacking emotion or connection, only time I really felt connected was final mission and when Rock Tits (I've forgot her name) kills Reggie at witch point I wanted to destroy her but since it was good playthrough I couldn't (Bitch is getting it this time though). As for the ending when Fetch and Eugene come to aid Denzil I thought was a nice touch would be nice to see what happened to them after though.

- Graphics look amazing, the city is beautiful and graphics for the powers are fawless.

- In all it is a good game just lacking in certain places I'd give it 7.5/10
jdot07

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Yes, great game, but would have been nice if they made the ending a little bit longer. I guess the same could be said of all the infamous games though. Once you meet the final objective, they give you a 60 second cut scene to wrap things up in, a bit more detail and interaction between characters afterwards would be nice. Apart from that, I'd rate it very high. Really fun game, I'd score it a point higher than Jdot at 8.5, it's well worth playing and is definitely their best game yet,
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby SmellyUndies » Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Just finished my Evil playthrough on Expert and got my first Plat. EDIT: The dialogue you get after Plat is quite cool as well.-YUS-
God damn that ending was brutal... you could even say....... EVIL.
I assumed the Evil ending would have been the same - similar to the Good one and then it flew off in a whole different direction.

I was thoroughly impressed throughout both playthroughs, in terms of difficulty between Reg and Expert- there wasn't much in it.
The hardest part is recollecting all the collectibles again.
Shows what Next Gen games should be. Highly Graphic, great gameplay and a really good storyline.
Either way I am gonna give this a score of
9/10
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Previous

Return to PlayStation 4