Mercenary Kings

Mercenary Kings

Postby Treehugger » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 pm

I saw a lot of people hating this game in the comments and the forums on boards. I mean people were being brutal saying it wasn't even worth the space on their PS4 hard drives.....which was like 350mb or some shit. Personally I'm loving the game even though I only played 2-3 missions. Is anyone else enjoying the game I haven't really seen anyone else on it. I can see it being my 2nd favorite indie game they have given us so far, I'm usually playing it when I'm not playing Batman Arkham City ( which I'm playing for the first time) and having a blast. Anyway was also wondering if anyone knew it had mic chat in the game, I doubt it but maybe someone knows. One minor problem is the inability to shoot diagonally, and the time limit which so far has made me rush through some levels when I wanted to explore. Besides that its really fun and after I beat Arkham City, I see myself being on this game on my PS4 the most or BF4 until the next game I want to get comes out. Also the little characters love them.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Re: Mercenary Kings

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

I've barely looked at this so far because I've been playing Dark Souls, but to be honest, I think it looks pretty cool. When I eventually get to it, I think I will enjoy it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:49 pm

It's a good game, I've completed over ten missions now. It took me a while to get into it but was definitely worth it. If anyone sees me playing it feel free to message me for a bit of co-op. I've only played single player so far. Must admit I don't understand all the hate, it's very odd.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:It's a good game, I've completed over ten missions now. It took me a while to get into it but was definitely worth it. If anyone sees me playing it feel free to message me for a bit of co-op. I've only played single player so far. Must admit I don't understand all the hate, it's very odd.
I don't quite get it either. You'd think people would have been more annoyed about Dead Nation.

Or PES. Fuck PES.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 am

I dont know if it works when paused but hoped the map menu would pause the game in single player.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby dazzafett » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 am

Ive not played it yet but i doubt i will agree with all the bad remarks. I think some people view the PS4 with a bit of snobbery and will criticize anything that is not a AAA title and even those will get some flak!
At the end of the day the game is Free and its not like people are forced to play it so if they don't like it then whats the point in moaning about it as its not cost them anything.

No that i have finished Resogun i will take a look at some of the other free PS+ games as i have downloaded them all so far but not played any of them as yet.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby dazzafett » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am

According to PSN profiles no one has managed to Platinum this yet with few other Trophies remaining uncollected as well.
This must mean its either a long grinding type Platinum or extremely hard as even with about 2,500 players so far you would have thought at least one would have got the Platinum by now if it was an easy/short one.
I hope that its not down to some sort of Glitch tho.
Very Hard i can handle,
Grinding i can put up with,
but Glitches stopping Trophies is just a complete nightmare.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 pm

I think it's just one of those games where unlocking everything takes a hell of a lot of work. Every mission has optional sub objectives and secret objectives. And you need rare materials to construct certain items, which comes down to drop rates (oh no!).
There should be mods you can equip that increase the odds of certain items dropping, but yeah, it's only been out two days, I reckon it will be a few more before someone plats it, because the game can be pretty unforgiving at times. All the trophies with 0% are definitely long term ones so I wouldn't panic about them glitching yet. If anyone gets stuck, just shout, there have been a few things that have confused me. What I will say is make sure you use that map, you'll need it!
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote: drop rates
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm

The only trophy I've had glitch on me is one for completeing a mission without taking damage. You can get around this by restarting the game and maing sure you do it on the first mission you attempt (go for one of the Hunting Ground ones).

One of the trophies is for beating a set time on every mission, which is a pain because there isn't anything in game telling you which missions you have beaten the time on (at least not that I've been able to find). I've done it on one, but I can imagine it'll be a real pain on some of the missions.

So far drop rates seem to be alright. Only the bosses will be a pain for dropping items; for the rest of them there's so many enemies that I'd be surprised if not enough of something drop on the way to the platinum anyway.

Also, there's one co-op trophy, but it doesn't seem like it'll take that long to grind out. Just ten revives of partners, and it seems like it can be done offline as well in local co-op.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Next

Return to PlayStation 4