Mercenary Kings

Re: Mercenary Kings

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Haha, yes, there's a few missions like that, makes it look like bosses are optional, but you often have to fight some of them. Difficulty of bosses seems to vary a bit, I guess that is partly due to the set up you have when you first arrive there. Going back to old bosses all kitted out and you can generally smash them with ease.

I'm a General now, and I have a magnum with burst fire, tears through pretty much everything which is handy. On my travels I couldn't find any other source of doomsday plate, so had to revisit the Captain boss a few times, didn't take long to get what I needed.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:46 pm

I skipped around 5 missions so far, most are gathering which I hate doing by myself. Also so neutralize missions I will revisit when I can breeze through them. Though the new boss the rainbow dog LASERS lol it was so easy and predictable shame I didn't beat it. It was optional, the main objective was destroying a barrier which was to the right of my screen. So i'm shooting the dog its maybe 1/2 health all of a sudden I get the MISSION COMPLETE...wtf I go over and see the barrier apparently all of my shots that didn't hit the dog destroyed the barrier. So I just put all my bullets into the dog trying to get it killed shit didn't have enough time. I think I'm just going to carry shit load of shock grenades for bosses. Makes it to easy. Though some of these timed missions where you have 1 minute-4 minutes piss me off. I try to memorize the map to the best of my ability but end up staring at it while time is going down trying to figure out where I need to go. Though that sprinter/dodger combo works wonders, just rolling through enemies taking no damage is a beautiful thing.

EDIT Well I just beat baron and achieved Major and upgraded my hand gun so it does 690 damage the reload is like 1.3 so it does it wicked fast.

also have 25k dollars I been only buying c4/rations/shock grenades
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Arnold Sideways » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Yo, if you need some Doomsday plate there's a Hazmat carrier in the mission "Saving Miss Zero!". Might be faster to get to it and kill it than to keep fighting the Baron to farm it. He's in the upper area of your map, somewhere to the right (iirc) of the Mega Mandrake. Sorry if this is a bit late LT.

I've missed out "Human Subjects", as my gun really isn't the right thing to use for it. Aside from that I've done them all up till this point. Just working my way through the General rank missions.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 pm

Well I just beat the Violence Kings, did it on my first try. Though I went through all my rations, and receiver had to call in 2 med kits. Though it would have been easier if my shock grenades connected. I had 3 of them but only 1 hit but BABY that stun period I took 99% of their health then they regenerated it then well I died and came back and saw like dragons and elephants I was like FUCK THAT I'll wait til they stop attacking eventually after dodging the melee rocket attack I got them. Also got a trophy apparently I cleared all the levels with the same gun/parts so yay now a Lt. Colonel

EDITL So I cleared all the levels for Lt. Colonel except Battle for the Ark and HOLY SHIT was I unprepared the the prime soldiers move to fast and unlike the violent kings aren't next to each other. Having a hard time with them I can't seem to focus on one long enough before the tornado attack , or some other thing kills me.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Arnold Sideways » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 pm

Have just beaten the final boss. Still got about 7 missions to do until I've done them all though.

Last boss was annoying because it glitched on me. When he went into his second stage I ran under him to blast his weak spot, and he didn't move so I kept on blasting. Took off all of his health (had computer equipped so I could see how much he had), and then nothing. No final sequence. Just his character frozen in place while all I could do was jump and shoot and melee. Kind of annoying to have to fight it again, but fortunately he wasn't too bad a boss to beat. Thought the Prime Soldiers were the hardest to defeat personally.

Going to clear up these last missions and then start the long grind!
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I had exactly the same glitch on the final boss first time I fought him as well. Lucky he's fairly easy as you say. Played some co-op earlier, good fun, great way to collect supplies and speed run the collection missions as you can split up, and everything picked up is shared.

I think the Prime Soldiers are my favourite boss, they're pretty cool, but yeah, tough first time you take them on.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Okay still no luck with the prime soldiers, though I'm still using a pistol which does about 800 damage per shot w/ caustic I'm thinking about switching to a shotgun that does higher damage. I haven't really made anything else, but I'm thinking a shotgun w/ armor piercing should put in some work also taking out the chef and replaying with turtle shell...I think that's what it was called or dodger so I can roll through damage? Thoughts or suggestions, the pistol isn't working so well....or I could put freezing on it and try to deal with them while frozen together in the corner in the very beginning.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Treehugger wrote:Okay still no luck with the prime soldiers, though I'm still using a pistol which does about 800 damage per shot w/ caustic I'm thinking about switching to a shotgun that does higher damage. I haven't really made anything else, but I'm thinking a shotgun w/ armor piercing should put in some work also taking out the chthatnd replaying with turtle shell...I think that's what it was called or dodger so I can roll through damage? Thoughts or suggestions, the pistol isn't working so well....or I could put freezing on it and try to deal with them while frozen together in the corner in the very beginning.

Take in 2 first aid kits & 5 rations. When you reach the arena, just on the far left before the cutscene starts you can teleport in additional first aid kits before the fight begins using your radio. When the guy does the tornado move you can jump it safely when it almost reaches you as it becomes smaller. Needs good timing. Other than that, try to upgrade your armour and maybe look at some magnums for decent firepower. I'm around tomorrow morning if you want some co-op help. Good luck!
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm away from the PS4 but the "Saving Miss Zero" mission you mentioned you can get a doomsday plate is that after Lt. Colonel? Because I already used my doomsday plate on a previous upgrade and I can't increase my armor anymore without 2, but I've increased it about 9-10 times I would say. Not sure on my exact health at the moment.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:12 pm

That's a General Rank mission I think. You can also harvest doomsday plate from the harrier boss. But sounds like it's doable with what you have.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation 4