Mercenary Kings

Re: Mercenary Kings

Postby Treehugger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow just did it....was so fucking easy. Took out the magnum I was using and used a shotgun with 1.5k damage with blizzard bullets coupled with armor piecing damage, shrapnel, and pellets. I went in there dodged through one of them and just unloaded on one of them while the other was attacking the wall. I managed to kill him without taking any damage, then worked on the second one. Though they started attacking me I just dodged through 90% of the attacks though I did miss some of them I was able to take away 1/2 of the health on the other one. Second life I killed him and took away half the life on the third and died. At this point I still had 3 medkits left and 1 life. Was cake wish I used the gun earlier.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Good stuff, nice work man. Well worth mixing it up a bit with the weapons now and again, amazing what sort of stuff you can make.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Just started it now. Didn't realise it was a KS title. Shame it has contact damage, never liked that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Well, I've done all of the missions now. Going to start grinding out some of the mods first I think - stuff like Lucky Penny. Then there's a few guns that I've had my eye on making, and of course there's a ton of materials I need for those. Definitely up for co-oping at some point to get through some of the materials. I'm at the stage where I basically just need everything, so don't mind if someone wants something in particular. Wouldn't mind grinding some bosses for boss specific items. Could do with writing up a list of exactly what I need to get.

I'll leave speed-running for a while, or at least until they put something in the game telling you which missions you've done it on.

I agree with LT, it's good to change every now and then, just see what sort of stuff you can make. Being able to save certain guns is quite a good feature, and I'm using it quite a bit at the minute.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Nice one guys, I'm around all morning tomorrow or all morning and afternoon on Monday for some games. Played some co-op this morning, was good fun.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:02 am

Damn the tiny computer fight fucked me over, just when I thought I was OP xD it cost me all my lives to kill it, because they put you in that damn close tight room barely have time to squeeze some shots off. I finally manage to do it, and theirs a stage 2 with....I have no idea what killed me looked like orange squares...

Edit: WOW 2nd attempt....im an Idiot... I was to busy rolling through the fire then I noticed...the attacks were in the same spot so I just sat down and kept shooting as the electro balls bounced over my head. Then the second phase came in and I saw the pattern and was like OH ...this shit is easy. So finished that ranking now a General

Another Edit: WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....that final boss fight was WAY TOO EASY....I went in expecting some epic shit to get tested....barely broke a sweat though I didn't complete all the missions and probably won't will probably only hop on here to kill time with friends who haven't beat the game or want to farm. Liked the little animations at the end. I think this might have been my favorite PS+ game for the PS4 so far. Though they did switch up the enemies I wish they given us more levels, even if the amount of missions stayed the same their was the city...the jungle...the temple and the labs 1 more would have been nice. Also the ability to play as more then 2 characters unless I'm wrong and you can then I would like to know how. I mean we have such a nice selection of people the knife expert, the demolition woman. Would be nice.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 pm

does...

Does the music ever change?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:18 pm

There's not much variation unfortunately. Luckily the soundtracks aren't too bad. But the patch for MP3 support needs to hit soon.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:There's not much variation unfortunately. Luckily the soundtracks aren't too bad. But the patch for MP3 support needs to hit soon.
It's already driving me insane, and you can't turn it off either to have just sound effects. Balls. Think I'll just put my music on instead and play the game in mute.

Combined with the lack of variety in the levels, I can see myself getting bored fast.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:23 pm

Playing it in long bursts is almost definitely a bad idea. I've tended to play in one or two hour slots to keep it from getting too dull.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation 4