Helldivers

Re: Helldivers

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 am

Was playing with randoms earlier, after finding nothing but idiots I finally come across a half decent pair. On our final mission for the planet, one of them does his usual thing of calling in a flame barrage just before we leave, only he timed it a bit wrong, and killed the last player.

That death lost us both our extraction star and our low death star, and therefore a lot of XP. Idiot.
And then the players decided to all commend each other and leave me out, despite that little mishap, and despite me being the only one using offensive stratagems properly. I was not pleased.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am

Reminds me of the heart for heart in LittleBigPlanet back in the day. Who needs to put in any effort for praise when you can just swap it with others who are rubbish? The Helldivers system is a waste of time though, everything gets reset fairly often anyway, so no real point in commending or reporting anyone.

I'll put the link up for our latest escape, I think the big walls of fire are pretty handy and am considering using them but calling them in right on top of allies is clearly not a good idea.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm

ha, the dude who dropped the bomb sent me a friend request. Think I'll probably pass. However, he did use the fire fairly effectively during actual combat. Certainly a worthwhile stratagem, by the looks of it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 am

Patch 3.0

Added:

A new threat to the security of Super Earth has emerged! Enemy Master units have been located and can now be attacked in each region. Before you can begin your assault you need to gather influence in the region and be at least Rank 12. Once you have gathered enough influence and started the assault, you have three hours to defeat the enemy Master before the opportunity is lost.
Added a new control method for Tracked Vehicles. More info can be found in the Encyclopedia.

Fixed:

Fixed a crash with cloud saves.
Fixed an issue with unkillable Illuminate units.

Changed:

Changed how the low death count works. Your team can now die as many times as the difficulty of the mission and still receive the low death bonus.

Trophies:

I've just had a glance at the new trophies added with this patch. Three silvers, each one is for defeating one of the new super bosses.

And new dlc, probably the best dlc yet, including badass pistols and three new vehicles to use.

Last bit of news is there is a retail version being released, which might mean this is the last expansion we will see for this game.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 pm

About time they changed the way LDC worked. It was preposterous to lose the bonus because the host died twice despite everyone else surviving.

Also really awesome to see it get a physical release!
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to PlayStation 4