Bloodborne

Bloodborne

Postby Arnold Sideways » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:20 pm

So Bloodborne's been out for over a week now. General consensus is that it'd be good to have a thread on it!

I know myself and LT Fatman have both got it, but does anyone else have it? What are your impressions so far? Favourite moments? Any parts you need co-op help with, or hints? Do you have any hints to share?

Usual rules, throw them in spoiler tags if they're regarding a specific boss or element of the game.

I started off with the Hunter Axe/Pistol combo, which I'm still using. For a while I used the Kirkhammer (AKA "Captain Kirk"), but now have Ludwig's Holy Blade (AKA "Beethoven") as my second weapon. Haven't changed the pistol yet though. For the most part I'm just using the pistol to initiate counters and to cheese the occasional enemy.

Spoiler: show
In terms of levelling up I've yet to find a use for the Arcane stat, aside from boosting item drop rates. Anyone managed to find anything else which it affects?

The way co-op works in this is quite interesting. If you want to only play with specific people, you can set a password in your settings. You will then only play with people who have the same password as you! I'd recommend we set one up to make it easier to find each other. I haven't set one yet, but if it's allowed I'd recommend 'PGz' (as it's short and quite easy to remember :P ).

Happy hunting!
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Re: Bloodborne

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Nice one! Looking forward to playing some co-op, definitely. I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Here's a non spoilery video I captured from near the start of the game if you're on the fence about getting it. Don't watch it if you want to go in totally blind of course.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Mi2Lethal » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:40 pm

I have the game as well and have enjoyed playing it a lot.
Although it was a bit annoying at the beginning to get used to the combat mechanics but now that I am somewhat familiar with it, its really fun.
Now I wreck stuff with my hunter axe and blunderbuss.

Spoiler: show
So far I have soloed every boss and at the moment i am up to the electric dog boss which has been kicking my ass.
I haven't touched any of the co-op stuff yet and to be honest I don't even how it worked until you mentioned it. Don't know anything about the Arcane stat other than the fact that certain weapons cannot be used unless that stat is high.

For me the best part of Bloodborne is the feeling you get when you kill the bosses for the first time.
It can get really intense sometimes and really gets your heartbeat going e.g. when I first killed this boss.
Just watch what happens in the last 2 mins if you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing.
You have no idea how INTENSE this shit was at the end.

Spoiler alert;
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Treehugger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 pm

I just got it yesterday and currently hate parts of and loving most of it. I really suck at this game and have no patience so I die a lot( so I get frustrate), but I somehow managed to beat the second boss. Gotta say the cleric beast battle was just amazing (honestly I only seen two, but the bosses are amazing). I'm in old......Y...i forgot the name, but it has the guy shooting a gattling gun at you. I was dying over and over....though I had 0 blood vials. I just got 10 invoice and got me that little resonant bell so currently grinding for blood echoes since you don't lose any when you join others managed to get about 10-15k easily before upgrading strength. Also I found enough blood vials for days. So I'm really early in the game, howe
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Treehugger wrote:I just got it yesterday and currently hate parts of and loving most of it. I really suck at this game and have no patience so I die a lot( so I get frustrate), but I somehow managed to beat the second boss. Gotta say the cleric beast battle was just amazing (honestly I only seen two, but the bosses are amazing). I'm in old......Y...i forgot the name, but it has the guy shooting a gattling gun at you. I was dying over and over....though I had 0 blood vials. I just got 10 invoice and got me that little resonant bell so currently grinding for blood echoes since you don't lose any when you join others managed to get about 10-15k easily before upgrading strength. Also I found enough blood vials for days. So I'm really early in the game, howe

Nice one, I love it, my favourite PS4 game to date, difficult to put into words, but there's just so many things that are great about it. If you want any co-op assistance if you get really stuck, give us a shout.

Here's my main character:

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 pm

What level is everyone? I know you can only do 10 levels above or below plus 10% so....I think I can play with levels 9-35
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:25 am

Treehugger wrote:What level is everyone? I know you can only do 10 levels above or below plus 10% so....I think I can play with levels 9-35
Pretty much, to my understanding at least the formula is identical to the that used for Blue and Red Eyed Stones in Demon's Souls. Namely;
x +/- (10 + 0.1x)

With that in mind, you can use this tool to easily calculate your level range. Just ignore the Black Eye Stone/Old Monk stats.
https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mi2Lethal » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:38 am

Treehugger wrote:I just got it yesterday and currently hate parts of and loving most of it. I really suck at this game and have no patience so I die a lot( so I get frustrate), but I somehow managed to beat the second boss. Gotta say the cleric beast battle was just amazing (honestly I only seen two, but the bosses are amazing). I'm in old......Y...i forgot the name, but it has the guy shooting a gattling gun at you. I was dying over and over....though I had 0 blood vials. I just got 10 invoice and got me that little resonant bell so currently grinding for blood echoes since you don't lose any when you join others managed to get about 10-15k easily before upgrading strength. Also I found enough blood vials for days. So I'm really early in the game, howe

"Don't give up" as some of the notes in the game says. I was struggling in the beginning as well but kept on playing until the game grew on me and got used to the combat. The hunter firing the gatling gun is a pain in the ass but there is an easy way to deal with him. I hate fighting hunters, they are too damn quick and have ridiculous range on they gun.

The bosses are epic in this game, they each look different and have their own strength and weaknesses that you have to figure out. Also the music during boss fights is just amazing. I am currently level 45 with 18 points on both health and endurance and 36 on strength. I recommend spending your echoes more on strength as you do more damage.

There is also a decent blood vial farming on the Great Bridge where you killed the Cleric Beast.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Arnold Sideways » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 am

I'm like level 80, but I've started a second character (haven't beaten a boss with it yet) for the purposes of co-op. Just have to beat the first two bosses and then I should be able to get the items I need to do some co-op.

The weapon I'm using has equal scaling in strength and skill at the minute, so I've got 30 strength, 28 skill, 26 vitality, 24 endurance. Have but into Bloodtinge yet, and my starting class gave me a pretty high arcane stat to begin with, but I'm only just finding weapons which use it.

Helping people out on co-op is a good way to learn the area, and if you can help them to beat a boss it's a good way of you learning the patterns in a relatively risk free environment (for you at least). I've had help for around half of the bosses (I'm shit at the bosses, but can get through the areas alright), and I normally start by helping people to fight them first.
Arnold Sideways
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 pm

I like the notes in the game most of them are helpful especially when exposing weaknesses like fire. Yesterday I just grinded in central for echoes and invoices using the resonant bell. Managed to get about 20 invoices and roughly 50k blood echoes. So far I been increasing my strength,skill, and vitality. Also got like 50 blood vials in storage from grinding and still 20 on character. I see myself coming back to central alot to refill it doesn't take but one quick run to fill up.

Also I just got a.....forgot what its called the spark thing....its like a flamethrower but with a lantern, but I need 1 more arcane level I believe. Is this thing worth it. I would use it only on beast or should I just use the torch like I been doing? It looks like its better and has the benefit of torching them at range.

Also with co op you can start a session in the beginning right you just can't join, because I thought you got the beckoning bell early. So an early player can still invite they just can't join. Though the cost of 1 invoice is high in the beginning so a player probably won't do it often.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Next

Return to PlayStation 4