Bloodborne

Re: Bloodborne

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I decided to go back and hit up some of the chalice dungeons. Got a reasonable way through some of them. I'm two floors away from obtaining the Defiled Chalice, and apparently in another dungeon I'm on the floor that holds some of the items I'll need to great the final chalice dungeon I need.

The Holy Moonlight Sword is fucking brutal. Never thought I'd have a weapon which was better than the Holy Blade, but damn. Want to farm out some better blood gems for it at some point. At the minute it's got over 800 attack.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Now in the final chalice I need for the plat. Just have to clear the rest of it and then I can plat the game at any moment by getting the third ending (the one with no boss fight). Before I do that though I still have two things left to do on the DLC. I have to beat the optional boss (who's a bit of a sponge), and get the final weapon I need from the bottom of that well in the fishing village.

Both have proven difficult. Not sure if I'll completely finish the DLC before getting the plat. I know I'd have to play through it all again to get the trophies, but I'm not too bothered by them.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Treehugger » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Which NG+ are you on?

Hmmm NG+2 I'm pretty sure I've helped people on that difficulty with the fishy things.So I might be able to help. Shaman bone is your best friend once both of them are on the ground. They will kill each other. Most of the time the one with anchor wins and you can pick up the weapon.

The optional boss....can just fuck himself. I hate him from beginning to finish.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby LivingSky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Treehugger wrote:Which NG+ are you on?

Hmmm NG+2 I'm pretty sure I've helped people on that difficulty with the fishy things.So I might be able to help. Shaman bone is your best friend once both of them are on the ground. They will kill each other. Most of the time the one with anchor wins and you can pick up the weapon.

The optional boss....can just fuck himself. I hate him from beginning to finish.

For the optional boss I went super cheese mode. I had the bow blade and only hit him when I could stagger him and get a visceral and when he transformed it was smooth sailing.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:38 pm

I've not got the DLC yet but I did get the guide for the main game today. Because glorious hardback.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:00 pm

I've actually gotten pretty good with the optional boss during the first phase....but the second phase is just pure hell no. I don't think I ever used the simon bow its all bout that pizza cutter stunlock baby....well I guess not in his case with his damn AOE.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Been playing some of the DLC with Fatman, been quite fun so far. Just got to the fishing hamlet. We managed to have our first duel with another invader, but the bastard interrupted us while we were fighting that large fellow. I nearly killed him, he jumped down the well, and then the large fellow ate me. So that was fun.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:35 am

Ahh yes I have ruined many peoples days when they tried to kill the two fish things down the well. For the most part I try to let people have their shot at them fairly though. Fishing Hamlet is my favorite part of the DLC.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:57 am

I loved the dlc, one of my favourite parts was actually trying out the new weapons on people in duels, gatling gun is so much fun, doesn't deal much damage for those who know how to dodge, which is most. And it's no good for setting up criticals but it works in its own way. Made a little mix of some of my encounters. Had a few 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 matches. For the price, an extra one or two areas would have been nice but I got it half price so can't complain.

Bring on Bloodborne 2. But Dark Souls 3 first.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:25 pm

My experience with duels in the DLC was rather unfortunate, there was maybe one person who actually went with traditional etiquette, not counting the impromptu duel we had,which I quite enjoyed. But at least it was a lot more active than it had been previously.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation 4