Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Mi2Lethal wrote:Oh I will meet him, very soon (assuming he is in Uncharted 1).
He's actually not in any Uncharted game. He just shows up in your bedroom one night.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mi2Lethal » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Mi2Lethal wrote:Oh I will meet him, very soon (assuming he is in Uncharted 1).
He's actually not in any Uncharted game. He just shows up in your bedroom one night.

Unless I pass your message to 20 other people, I won't be safe from him, right?
I'll get to it then.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Mi2Lethal » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Played a couple chapters of U1 and damn does this game still look good considering it came like what, 8 years ago now?
I am curious as to how the game will look in the Nathan Drake Collection, speaking of TNDC, is anyone getting it? I don't imagine a lot of people that have played them on PS3 buying it unless they really want to be part of that U4 multiplayer beta. I might pick it up just to relive all the memories on the PS4 with updated visuals while also get to access the U4 beta as a bonus.

P.S This thread has turned into a discussion about Uncharted now :lol:
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Treehugger » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 am

So got Dark Souls II from black Friday and man am I getting my ass kicked. I mean demons souls, dark souls, and bloodborne gave me trouble in the beginning yet I made progress. Three hours and feels like I've accomplished nothing. Dragon rider is wrecking me so I went and explored other areas, but mobs are killing me so quickly. The begunning area looks beautiful. I died so many times though my health is now at I think 50% which means when I found the last giant it killed me in one hit. I haven't figured out where the blacksmith is and I learned the hard way you can get attacked in animations. Tried running to fog for got killed while passing through xD.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby LivingSky » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 am

To open the blacksmith you need to buy the key to his workshop. The old lady on the last giant sells it to you. Also try to spend around 10k souls on her and then talk to her and she will give you a really good ring.

also there is a ring that gives you 75% hp instead of 50% when you're completely hollow. the bad thing is, I don't remember where you get that one is the scholar. I know where you get it in original dark souls 2
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Ah thank you I got it open and can repair my stuff now. I haven't figured out how to sell items if you can. I decided to go full melee first two games I was a caster/pyromancer. I also beat the last giant was much easier when I wasn't at half health xD . I will be on the lookout for that ring, I do have two to increase health and stamina very slowly. I found out you can get invaded while offline and hollow...hollow that surprised me. Still hesitant on what to upgrade so so far everything is unupgraded and my axe seems to do the most damage, but my weapons get broken so damn quick though.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby LivingSky » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:00 pm

yea that's kinda of a bug, in original dark souls 2 the FPS was 30 normally but on the remaster one they bumped it up to 60 fps so basically everything degrades twice as fast.

as for weapons I would suggest only upgrading things till +3 ish until you find the weapon you love for the run.

Also I remembered where the ring that gives you 75% hp is. Its in the tower of hades is in a chest with a white armor dude sitting in front of it Its around where you fight the dragon rider.

Lastly only 1 NPC buys your stuff. If my memory is good the first place you can find him is in no mans warf. Get ready to deal and wheel :mrgreen:
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Treehugger wrote:So got Dark Souls II from black Friday and man am I getting my ass kicked. I mean demons souls, dark souls, and bloodborne gave me trouble in the beginning yet I made progress. Three hours and feels like I've accomplished nothing. Dragon rider is wrecking me so I went and explored other areas, but mobs are killing me so quickly. The begunning area looks beautiful. I died so many times though my health is now at I think 50% which means when I found the last giant it killed me in one hit. I haven't figured out where the blacksmith is and I learned the hard way you can get attacked in animations. Tried running to fog for got killed while passing through xD.

Make sure to look here
viewtopic.php?f=312&t=103994#p174944

Not sure how much is still relevant with the changes made in the port, but worth a look anyway.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:03 am

Thank you for the tips I skimmed them quickly, but the main thing I saw was invincibility frames and adaptability which I leveled up immediately. Also got internet again so I can co op. I helped a few people with bosses which restored me and health. Was able to take care of the pursuer and dragonrider. I was going to explore lost basille, but I feel like an idiot. I can't figure out how to start the level I see a hole in the side walk and a guy on the otherside, and then an opening to the left which looks like you can jump over it? Really tired and don't feel like thinking so I went to dragon rider area and found stairs, elevator, and etc and some big ass giants. I also found the next bonfire. A little progress, but still progress.

Edit: cleared the warf and cleared most of the next area, but I had to go online for help. I cleared the area with some difficulties, but for the life of me I couldn't find the boss I actually found the bonfire to the next area some place called Sinners something. Looked it up online found the location and the shortcut goes in and immediately dies. Ughh I hate multiple enemy bosses, but its not hard to get their so more progress was made.

Edit 2: After many deaths I killed the sentinels. I finally learned that you can take the first one by himself and only have to take on two on the platform. Though a lot of my deaths from being attacked and panicking and rolling off the edge and the fall damage killing me.

Sinners Rise was pretty easy as well and the boss was a pushover, but getting to it was a challenge. Mummies and that sentinel in the water kept working me over.

After that I went to....the place with the little midgets that hit hard. It seems gargoyles have a boss fight in every game minus bloodborne, but they were on top of the castle in cainhurst. Anyway this was my hardest boss battle today. It was the easiest, but my weapon went from being risky about to break to broken. Luckily it broke killing the 2nd to last gargoyle. In hindsight I might have been better off just punching the last one xD. Now I'm in the place Huntsville. I didn't see the name before it disappeared. Though I did see a ladder and a bonfire after the gargoyle, but decided not to explore it due to me having a broken weapon and I had about 30k souls I wanted to upgrade my character with. Getting tired of the broken castle look though. New area looks like a forest? Which means I will probably be poisoned to death, so I will see if I have any armor high in poison resistance. Had a pretty good session today.

Edit 3: Ohhhh and I proceed to get fucked endlessly by A ) Skeleton boss and B) Chariot

DAMN not to mention their is a red npc with a shield and greatsword which fucks most of my health. I hate environmental bosses in souls games where you have to do something specific like pull a lever or etc. I will try again tomorrow, but this boss is killing me. If I could just get rid of the npc in front of the door that would help. Defeated the chariot good thing I had like 40 lifegems with me oh this was an optional boss.....fuck man I don't want to do the mob of skeletons T_T.

Edit 4: Wow I just beat them. I killed the two melees and when the mob came after me I threw firebomb after firebomb at them xD. Killed the mage and then the pinwheels spawned and I killed them before they took a step. Now in this valley area and I'm getting all kinds of valley of defilement vibes from it from looking at the fast travel picture. Two bosses today and I think that will be all.

Edit 5: spent 4-5 hours getting straight shitted on by the Smelter Demon only to learn its an optional boss. FUN. Makes my way to Old Iron King and 30 minutes later he was dead. Man I thought optional bosses would scale with level, but he was 100 times harder.

Any who that makes my second great boss soul. I made my way back to Majula and got the dude to drop the ladder in the hole. Doesn't reach the bottom, but I saw a flank....landed on it and it snapped in half and I dropped to my death. That's when I decided I would end the session. Now I'm kind of lost where to go. I'm either going to the lower level of Majula where you had to pull a lever or to the beginning where that guy was complaining about the area being blocked by a statue. I have 2-3 of those things which unpetrify stuff. I also believe in the early level in Twisted Betwixt their was a statue blocking a fog door. I might have that too.

Edit 6: Okay a lot of progress since then.

I found my way to the third great boss soul the giant spider. Just getting to her was a pain in the ass. I died so many times and I was hoping for a damn bonfire, but couldn't find a single one near her. I finally get to the end with 0 flasks, but luckily I have my handy dandy 60 fucking life gems. Whenever I level up any left over souls left becomes life gems. Called in a NPC I forgot his name, but he helped tremendously. He didn't do much damage, but he distracted her long enough for me to do massive damage. Just hugged her the whole time. It was easy, but I was very nervous one attack would end me.

I made my way through the shrine of winter. I didn't get the fourth boss soul, but I found out that if you had 1 million souls you could by pass it. Just sun broing it up with other people I had a little over a million. Fuck the gutter. I hate that place, but I will go back eventually just to face the boss. I go through the shrine and touch the shiny object. Immediately in a snowy area getting my ass kicked. I mean I was getting my ass kicked before, but now it was MAJOR ass kicking. Go online...oh this is the DLC I didn't know they incorporated it that flawlessly. Didn't get a cutscene or anything I just thought it was the next area xD. So I go back to where I was supposed to go....which is right pass the glowing object I was supposed to take yada yada yada I go through the castle easy enough....and BEHOLD THE GIANT FUCKING MIRROR MAN. I swear I was doing absolutely damn peanut damage against this man. I had to bring in 2 other NPCs which died eventually, but man the resistance on this dude was through the roof. Luckily to get to him all you had to was run down a hall which took only 30 seconds.

Somehow end up in a shrine place. FUCK THIS PLACE. Sorry this place is easily the most hated place I have visited the whole game.
1. Water so you can't run well and move like a slug.
2. Wizards shooting spells at you which home in on you EVERYWHERE.
3. Things in the water that cause bleeding and have 3-4 hit combos....when combined with the wizards oh man.
4. Drop offs. Can barely see the edges to the sides so you can easily fall off.

With the help of another person I made it to the end, but damn the final boss was a push over.

Yada yada yada made it too Velstadt beat him first try. Though his attacks destroyed my stamina making me unable to defend when I got close. I resorted to casting 30 arrows onto his ass from a distance. They did shit damage since I haven't really upgraded spells and been mostly melee. However they did enough to get him below 50%. Yada yada yada next area didn't really have a lot of enemies, but the cyclops bursting through the walls killed me twice. I didn't expect either one of them and they took most of my health and by time I got up their second hit killed me. So I ran past all of them to the boss. Next boss Guardian Dragon. He was a cake walk compared to the other bosses and areas I just went through. His fire attacks nearly killed me a few times, but attacking his feet made him easy. Also casting spells underneath him when he was in the air. Oh yeah loved this boss. Pretty sure I'm near the end of the game. Not completely, buy going by the dialogue of the woman who upgrades the flask I should be close I think. Though I just started using this blade that has a key at the hilt. Man it looks badass.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Finished the game

I had to call in some sun bros to help me with the watcher and defender fight. I could handle one of them, but damn it I couldn't for the life of me tackle both of them head on. When I finally managed to kill one of them I learned that after a while the other revives them back at full health. I had 0 vials and just gave up. The final boss felt much easier in comparison.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Previous

Return to PlayStation 4