The Next BIG Game

Re: The Next BIG Game

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Another good one coming out is Battlefront.

As I've said before, I have high doubts this is going to be the Battlefront we all know and love. With DICE in charge, this is likely to be Battlefield with lasers. Rumors are still circulating that the space battles from Battlefront II will be absent. (Which may not be a bad thing, I don't like the flying in the Battlefield games, and it would likely resemble that)

Bringing it a little off track with a quick side note, I saw this on Facebook. Since we're talking about what games we think are going to be big, here's footage of an impressive Star Wars game on the Oculus Rift. It's a preview of every young child's dream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=62&v=5O3b6QwgFeg
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I share your concerns but personally I really liked the slow pace of the shooting. If it was all guns blazing it would just feel like another typical TPS. Slower pace to me indicates that it's more about being careful, getting properly positioned, picking your shots, etc. Right up my street. Methodical, small team based shooting is pretty uncommon, and that's why the gameplay footage struck a chord with me.

Do you trust Ubisoft trailers at this point? :mrgreen:

I saw a game that made the gameplay look & feel tactical. Yet there was nothing tactically involved. The guy shot a shitload of bad AI enemies, used a couple of gadgets, had a nice scripted moment, and the demo was over in 5 minutes.

Graphics wise, it looked fantastic. But it also looked like I could avoid cover for the most part, shoot a shitload of enemies and move on to the next section. It tried for a gritty look and approach, yet could play like Uncharted in an arcade-ish type way. That's what makes me nervous for a game I was a shit ton excited for when it was originally announced.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:35 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:Another good one coming out is Battlefront.

As I've said before, I have high doubts this is going to be the Battlefront we all know and love. With DICE in charge, this is likely to be Battlefield with lasers. Rumors are still circulating that the space battles from Battlefront II will be absent. (Which may not be a bad thing, I don't like the flying in the Battlefield games, and it would likely resemble that)

Bringing it a little off track with a quick side note, I saw this on Facebook. Since we're talking about what games we think are going to be big, here's footage of an impressive Star Wars game on the Oculus Rift. It's a preview of every young child's dream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=62&v=5O3b6QwgFeg

I have concerns over that game too... One one hand, if it's done right, you will have a game that many Star Wars and gamer fans could enjoy if it has the amount of content you'd expect in a game of this scope.

On the other hand, the scope of what players want in this game, seems like something that will never be reached. Fans want this game to be amazing, and even if it's a GOOD game, that could be seen as a disappointment.
jloco11

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:14 am

I have one and only one in my list for the next big game, and if it works as a success then it'll be fucking brilliant, not only because it has it's popularity as a game, but also because it has a community base where you can play with others... And considering my ramblings, you can pretty much guess it

Need for Speed

If this game brings everything that it says it will to the table, fuck University lectures, my life will be consumed by this game. The Racing genre is missing what NFS can do with their next game, and I hope they make things work with this, I admit, I have high expectations for this game (as does pretty much everyone else) but I hope it exceeds these expectations!
There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread, which is good, because it means we're yet to see some awesome titles to be released for us to lose our lives with! (literally and figuratively)
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby jloco11 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:14 pm

benjiman0 wrote:I have one and only one in my list for the next big game, and if it works as a success then it'll be fucking brilliant, not only because it has it's popularity as a game, but also because it has a community base where you can play with others... And considering my ramblings, you can pretty much guess it

Need for Speed

If this game brings everything that it says it will to the table, fuck University lectures, my life will be consumed by this game. The Racing genre is missing what NFS can do with their next game, and I hope they make things work with this, I admit, I have high expectations for this game (as does pretty much everyone else) but I hope it exceeds these expectations!
There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread, which is good, because it means we're yet to see some awesome titles to be released for us to lose our lives with! (literally and figuratively)

$5 bet says the next one is coming with a goofball story, with some douchebag named Torch, Spider or Mantis as the bad guy.

You know, because any parents that names their kid Torch is just asking him to the be the next President 1 day.
jloco11

Postby a3grlmreaper » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:23 pm

jloco11 wrote:
benjiman0 wrote:I have one and only one in my list for the next big game, and if it works as a success then it'll be fucking brilliant, not only because it has it's popularity as a game, but also because it has a community base where you can play with others... And considering my ramblings, you can pretty much guess it

Need for Speed

$5 bet says the next one is coming with a goofball story, with some douchebag named Torch, Spider or Mantis as the bad guy.

You know, because any parents that names their kid Torch is just asking him to the be the next President 1 day.

a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

jloco11 wrote:$5 bet says the next one is coming with a goofball story, with some douchebag named Torch, Spider or Mantis as the bad guy.

The thing is though, is that usually in NFS games they get given nicknames and real names, but no one ever takes notice of their real names because it's easier to remember the nickname...
Take Most Wanted's (2005) main antagonist's nickname is Razor, nobody really knows his real name until you read his bio, of which his name is Clarence Callahan. I mean that is not the name of a serious racer that ends up cheating, stealing your car, beating everyone else in your car then taunting you the entire way.
$5 that the next NFS game has nicknames? That's almost an assured win right there, $5 that it has a goofball story? That's probably an even safer bet haha
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 pm

A goofball story isn't the safest best, a lack of story completely is probably guaranteed, the last renditions of nfs have sucked ass with stories and didn't bother including even a cheesy one: Hot Pursuit, the new Most Wanted, Rivals and more that I'd rather not remind myself of.
Adding in the fact of an always online elements - there will be no story what so ever apart from gotta prove myself as the fastest.
Forced free mode MP was the worst in Rivals and it'll be in the new Nfs
Last edited by SmellyUndies on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:50 am

SmellyUndies wrote:A goofball story isn't the safest best, a lack of story completely is probably guaranteed, the last renditions of nfs have sucked ass with stories and didn't bother including even a cheesy one: Hot Pursuit, the new Most Wanted, Rivals and more that I'd rather remind myself of.
Adding in the fact of an always online elements - there will be no story what so ever apart from gotta prove myself as the fastest.
Forced free mode MP was the worst in Rivals and it'll be in the new Nfs

If they can prove that always-online is a necessary function to the game, I'd be fine with it, but even so, I would rather see an offline mode any way I look at it. I can see the merit in it, but I don't see it being critical to the game itself.
In terms of storylines, it's really been the same across pretty much all of the NFS titles from the very start, it wasn't centralised around the story, but rather the cars, which is understandable, to a point.
You never know, they could do something actually semi-decent... but I think that's a bit of false hope there.
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby SmellyUndies » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 pm

benjiman0 wrote:If they can prove that always-online is a necessary function to the game, I'd be fine with it, but even so, I would rather see an offline mode any way I look at it. I can see the merit in it, but I don't see it being critical to the game itself.
In terms of storylines, it's really been the same across pretty much all of the NFS titles from the very start, it wasn't centralised around the story, but rather the cars, which is understandable, to a point.
You never know, they could do something actually semi-decent... but I think that's a bit of false hope there.

Speaking for Rivals, always online was a nuisance and unused by players.

Well Carbon was by far my favourite NFS (also calling it the best made, fight me) and it's story actually mattered, at it's core, sure you are just taking over people's territory but you had to because you owed the big douche guy money because he bailed your ass out. Whilst paying him back you find out wee snippets of the past from specific different perspectives that became crucial to the plot and piecing together shit that your character nor people around him could understand.
So it was definitely more centered around the story than previous and future versions and I do hope that is reflected back by the developer's but it seems unlikely.

We will probably get the same shit as Rivals where it's some lame one liner quotes and news headlines cuts asking the city to ramp up security measures or something.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to PlayStation 4