Titanfall confirms 12 players only

Titanfall confirms 12 players only

Postby jloco11 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:52 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/08/ ... six-on-six

Matches will be capped at 6 on 6... however, the developers mention AI will also be included on the maps. No indication is that is in reference to the Titans or if player AI bots will be assisting teams on the maps. Either way, 12 sounds like an awfully small number for these large scale battles.
jloco11

Re: Titanfall confirms 12 players only

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:10 pm

Nothing initially peaked my interest about Titanfall so I never searched up on it but I was interested on such a seemingly small player count but I did some information on that AI/bot quotes from the Titanfall producer Drew "DKo5" McCoy responded to the complaints:

"And FYI, for amount of stuff happening at once in a map you'll be hard pressed to find a game that keeps the action higher. I literally have to stop playing every few rounds because my heart just can't take it some times. Remember, you can get out of your Titan and let it roam on AI mode - meaning there can be 12 Pilots wallrunning around, 12 Titans stomping below, and dozens of AI doing their thing."
"Oh, and I keep seeing people thinking we've got "bots" when we talk about AI. Thats not how they are. The AI in Titanfall are not replacements for human players. Our playercount is not 6v6 because of AI - AI play their own role in the game and are a different class of character in the game."

One thing that I like is that how much they tried to testing an ideal count on how many people should be on the map at once was they tested from "all the way down to 1v1 and up quite high" testing between gameplay mechanics, maps and the overall experience until the point where thought 6v6 was a nice set.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/08/titanfall-draws-fire-over-6v6-max-player-count-respawn-respond/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:19 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:I literally have to stop playing every few rounds because my heart just can't take it some times.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I literally have to stop playing every few rounds because my heart just can't take it some times.

The fact that he even posted that comment is rather ridiculous.
If you tried telling me this guy was losing not only his breath but is that overly excited about a couple of matches of that game that is heart is finding it hard to take, I'd call bullshit unless he has a medical condition. IMO I see nothing breathtaking in this game, I see stunning, not my heart is about to burst in a ball of flames kind of gameplay.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I think he looks like the rabbit jpeg in the prior picture.
jloco11

Postby SmellyUndies » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 am

jloco11 wrote:I think he looks like the rabbit jpeg in the prior picture.

If I had 5 minutes with photoshop...
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Return to Xbox One