CQC Elite Dangerous

Re: CQC Elite Dangerous

Postby dazzafett » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Just came across this post on the offical ED forms.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ays-on-PS4

So it sounds like our 8pm Sunday night CQC meet ups is the perfect time to find games.

Oh and after last night i am thinking of renaming my ship "Fatmans Cannonfodder" as i lost count of the amount of times you blew my shit up :lol: :lol: :lol:
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Oh wow, good spot! I won't be about next Sunday as doing a birthday event but definitely makes sense to continue with that time slot.

Yes, sorry about that. Every time I turned a corner I often saw you chasing one of my team mates down, on a few occasions you were hovering at point blank range, too good to pass up!
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm

SO what CQC load outs are people using and finding some success with?
I have only played with you guys and have not really done any tweaking of the load outs as only really starting to unlock a few things now.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 am

I've been using the imperial fighter the most recently but I've found using a ship with chaff can occassionly help me win a one on one duel or help me escape certain death. I've left most of the equipment on default so far but I think I might try quick rechargeable shields on the next session and reduce some power to thrusters for a bit more firepower.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/CQC_Championship

Some info above on ranking up. Takes slightly more xp to rank up each time so getting to 50 will take a while. Once you get there, you have the option to prestige. This means you can earn more money for the main game.

Gaining a Prestige rank also gives the player a permit to Attilius Orbital starport in CD-43 11917.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:42 am

Well if i have not earned all the CQC Trophies by the time i reach L50 then i will most likely wait until i do so before Prestiging so as to keep the advantage of a better loadout choice.
With the ways of making Cash in the main game tho i doubt CQC Prestige will generate a better revenue stream.
After getting the Tophies i wil most llikely continue playing CQC just for laughs with you guys if we are not all sick of it by then,
Or perhaps drop in to get a Combat fix after i have headed off on a long Exploration trip away from Inhabitted Space and need something to break things up a bit.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 pm

CQC should be busy this evening from about 9 pm until midnight if anyone fancies a few matches.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Cqc from 6pm tomorrow evening planned.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Played some cqc last night, seems there was a small update, a voice counts down at the start of the match and keeps you updated if you've taken the lead or lost the lead. I was very happy to see it was a free for all rather than players demanding to take in turns as to who wins.
Couldn't activate heat sinks or other secondary weapons for some reason. So ended up switching them out for improved shields.
Won a few matches which was nice, reached cqc rank 39 now.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Played some cqc last night, seems there was a small update, a voice counts down at the start of the match and keeps you updated if you've taken the lead or lost the lead. I was very happy to see it was a free for all rather than players demanding to take in turns as to who wins.
Couldn't activate heat sinks or other secondary weapons for some reason. So ended up switching them out for improved shields.
Won a few matches which was nice, reached cqc rank 39 now.
I'm reaaaalllly not looking forward to going back to this. Appreciate you adding me to the new group though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Elite Dangerous