Capping and Editing issues. Help?

Capping and Editing issues. Help?

Postby Pauly » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:57 pm

I just got myself a Dazzle yesterday and I've messing around with three different studios to try to cap from. I have the Sony Vegas Pro 10, Pinnacle Studios 14 and Virtual Dub.

Been recording some Rock Band 3 gameplay because that is the easiest for me to try to record and every time I record it, the A/V is way off. I tried it in Virtual Dub first and it was off but not bad. The one thing I didn't like about Virtual Dub is that it records in AVI and I am running in a finite area. AVI is too big in long videos, so I went to Pinnacle studios. I switched everything to MPEG 16:9 aspect ratio, record a song, it's off by like ten to fifteen seconds. The dropped frames is at 4k+. Pinnacle Studios doesn't seem to be it either. I tried to cap in Vegas but for some reason every time I try it says my device is being used by someone else or another program and I can't figure out how to fix that. I don't know if maybe rendering the videos would kill the A/V lag. Any help is appreciated. If you guys use any other software that you think I amy find useful then please share. I'm really wondeirng how to fix this damn lag and I have no idea.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Capping and Editing issues. Help?

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 pm

I only use Pinnacle Studio 12. I can cap without any frame rate losses, but I am capping at a low quality. Could you be trying to cap too high of a quality?
With Pinnacle Studio I used the default 'good' setting and it's fine, but if I go higher it starts dropping frames like crazy.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Pauly » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:I only use Pinnacle Studio 12. I can cap without any frame rate losses, but I am capping at a low quality. Could you be trying to cap too high of a quality?
With Pinnacle Studio I used the default 'good' setting and it's fine, but if I go higher it starts dropping frames like crazy.

I found a great medium. I am uploading a video as we speak. Youtube Dazzle Lag and Pinnacle Studios 14, one guys video helped me immensely. Only ever have 5 dropped frames, and that is when it first starts capping. Quality is decent. Will post it here when it finishes uploading.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Pauly » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Pretty decent quality. I'm proud of it.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Pauly » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:21 am

While recording some Halo I ran into the frame dropping issue again. It still drops, but nowhere near as much. Is there anyway to eliminate this problem totally?
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:58 pm

If you were using the same settings it shouldn't have dropped, did your CPU usage spike perhaps?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby spader » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm

usually in vegas while rendering if your cpu spikes you get ghosting on the render, because i use a pvr the m2ts files can only be used in vegas so i havnt had any experiance with the other software you have mentioned but i carnt fault vegas. been usuing it a few years now and had no problems with frames dropping .
It Doesnt Matter If You Win By An Inch Or A Mile , Winning Is Winning.

spader
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Pauly » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:16 pm

It shouldn't have spiked. When I'm capping the only thing I have on my CPU running program wise is PS14. I may have to try to cap at the lowest setting then move up slowly. It doesn't make sense when I can cap races of NFS: Hot Pursuit then go to Halo and Halo drops, but NFS doesn't.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby spader » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Pauly wrote:It shouldn't have spiked. When I'm capping the only thing I have on my CPU running program wise is PS14. I may have to try to cap at the lowest setting then move up slowly. It doesn't make sense when I can cap races of NFS: Hot Pursuit then go to Halo and Halo drops, but NFS doesn't.

what kind of dazzle do u have ?
It Doesnt Matter If You Win By An Inch Or A Mile , Winning Is Winning.

spader
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Pauly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:51 am

spader wrote:
Pauly wrote:It shouldn't have spiked. When I'm capping the only thing I have on my CPU running program wise is PS14. I may have to try to cap at the lowest setting then move up slowly. It doesn't make sense when I can cap races of NFS: Hot Pursuit then go to Halo and Halo drops, but NFS doesn't.

what kind of dazzle do u have ?

DVC 100. I'm actually thinking about seeing if I can return this and get the HD PVR that was there for $200. Didn't realize I had so much money from my paycheck. I don't know what I'm going to do. If you think you can help I would appreciate it.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Next

Return to Tech Support