Capping and Editing issues. Help?

Re: Capping and Editing issues. Help?

Postby Pauly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:23 am

Actually, I am now looking into purchasing an HD PVR. Any clues or hints on that I should know? What is the rate that it saves files at? With MPEG on Dazzle it's pretty small.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby spader » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Pauly wrote:Actually, I am now looking into purchasing an HD PVR. Any clues or hints on that I should know? What is the rate that it saves files at? With MPEG on Dazzle it's pretty small.

with a pvr u can choose , 13.5mb is the top but files come out at a gig or bigger using that but u get the best quality at that record rate, i use 7mb because sony vegas has a 7,000,000 constant bit rate render setting so matching up the renders with what it records at produces some sweet looking quality with the right colour correction applied, and not too big file size.

m2ts files can only be read in sony vegas that i know of, not heard of any other software that can read them of yet . so u will need to get your vegas working
It Doesnt Matter If You Win By An Inch Or A Mile , Winning Is Winning.

spader
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Pauly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 am

spader wrote:
Pauly wrote:Actually, I am now looking into purchasing an HD PVR. Any clues or hints on that I should know? What is the rate that it saves files at? With MPEG on Dazzle it's pretty small.

with a pvr u can choose , 13.5mb is the top but files come out at a gig or bigger using that but u get the best quality at that record rate, i use 7mb because sony vegas has a 7,000,000 constant bit rate render setting so matching up the renders with what it records at produces some sweet looking quality with the right colour correction applied, and not too big file size.

m2ts files can only be read in sony vegas that i know of, not heard of any other software that can read them of yet . so u will need to get your vegas working

Xbox caps in an MP4 file. I cap in the TME program that came with the PVR. Works great. I have the bitrate on default. The quality I'm capping is great.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Pauly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 am

Aw yea. Looks good in 720.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby spader » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Pauly wrote:
spader wrote:

Xbox caps in an MP4 file. I cap in the TME program that came with the PVR. Works great. I have the bitrate on default. The quality I'm capping is great.

does it ?? damn we have to render ours to mp4 , yeah default is 7mb works good on that setting
It Doesnt Matter If You Win By An Inch Or A Mile , Winning Is Winning.

spader
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Pauly » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 pm

spader wrote:
Pauly wrote:
spader wrote:

does it ?? damn we have to render ours to mp4 , yeah default is 7mb works good on that setting

I just realized I'm capping at 9mb. That is what it defaulted me to. Took forever to up that video. When you hit the Xbox feature, it saves it in MP4. That made me super happy that I didn't have to convert then edit and up.
Pauly
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Previous

Return to Tech Support