How to record your PC screen for free

How to record your PC screen for free

Postby 600RRtard » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 pm

I've seen a few videos on how to install and use Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 to record your PC gaming, tutorials, ect. but no one includes every step, so I made my own. There's a lot of programs out there that cost money, but fuck that. This is free and it works.

http://youtu.be/0S5U5wA2N60
600RRtard
Private
Private

Re: How to record your PC screen for free

Postby benjiman0 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:53 am

Cheers for this, I use Dxtory for my game capturing as it has the ability to add custom codecs (ie: Lagarith Lossless Codec) that I use for my recordings, but I'll certainly use this for Desktop capturing now!
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby 600RRtard » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

benjiman0 wrote:Cheers for this, I use Dxtory for my game capturing as it has the ability to add custom codecs (ie: Lagarith Lossless Codec) that I use for my recordings, but I'll certainly use this for Desktop capturing now!

Now I kind of feel bad because I said in the video there was no lag, then I recorded some Path of Exile gameplay and sure enough, there was lag. Just gotta mess with the settings and see what happens. Then again, my PC isn't the best, so that could be why.
600RRtard
Private
Private

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:26 am

600RRtard wrote:
benjiman0 wrote:Cheers for this, I use Dxtory for my game capturing as it has the ability to add custom codecs (ie: Lagarith Lossless Codec) that I use for my recordings, but I'll certainly use this for Desktop capturing now!

Now I kind of feel bad because I said in the video there was no lag, then I recorded some Path of Exile gameplay and sure enough, there was lag. Just gotta mess with the settings and see what happens. Then again, my PC isn't the best, so that could be why.

If you find that it is a problem, then I would suggest to you to get Dxtory, like I have because once you have it, it only registers to video games, and you can have settings for each game set differently (ie: MW2 recording at 720p due to textures, and The Last of Us recording at 1080p because of HD textures) and you can have custom codecs (like said above, the Lagarith Lossless Codec is the best codec I've ever seen). I have a 6 year old laptop (Sony VAIO) and it runs Dxtory and records any game just fine, some games have a minor fps drop (6-10 frames) others have none.
It's up to you, everyone has a different way of recording and distributing content on PC's. You'll never be stuck for one!
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby 600RRtard » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 pm

benjiman0 wrote:
600RRtard wrote:

If you find that it is a problem, then I would suggest to you to get Dxtory, like I have because once you have it, it only registers to video games, and you can have settings for each game set differently (ie: MW2 recording at 720p due to textures, and The Last of Us recording at 1080p because of HD textures) and you can have custom codecs (like said above, the Lagarith Lossless Codec is the best codec I've ever seen). I have a 6 year old laptop (Sony VAIO) and it runs Dxtory and records any game just fine, some games have a minor fps drop (6-10 frames) others have none.
It's up to you, everyone has a different way of recording and distributing content on PC's. You'll never be stuck for one!

I'm trying to find a torrent to download it. It looks like a great program but I'd rather not have to pay for it :)
600RRtard
Private
Private

Postby benjiman0 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Damn shame about The Pirate Bay :/
I'll have a look later on, I may have the installer for the full package.
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby benjiman0 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:25 am

Sorry about the late reply!
PM'd you a link for my private Registration Key!
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Return to Tech Support