The Next CoD

Re: The Next CoD

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:Nah don't worry, I don't expect that, I expect something other than another trailer.

We don't see gameplay for a while. Most reveal trailers for any game are cutscenes, so this is all they will release.

We'll get gameplay trailers of the campaign at E3 most likely.
jloco11

Postby SmellyUndies » Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 pm

jloco11 wrote:
SmellyUndies wrote:Nah don't worry, I don't expect that, I expect something other than another trailer.

We don't see gameplay for a while. Most reveal trailers for any game are cutscenes, so this is all they will release.

YAY :evil:

One thing I don't understand is since people leaked the trailer footage, Call of Duty decided to post it to the public.
Now they're ahead of schedule. So that essentially means less things will be annouced/shown for Sunday because that video was originally supposed to be apart of the big reveal.

Kudos to them though for sayin fuck it. It's already out there, might as well make it offical and post it out now anyway.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm

SmellyUndies wrote:
jloco11 wrote:

YAY :evil:

One thing I don't understand is since people leaked the trailer footage, Call of Duty decided to post it to the public.
Now they're ahead of schedule. So that essentially means less things will be annouced/shown for Sunday because that video was originally supposed to be apart of the big reveal.

Kudos to them though for sayin fuck it. It's already out there, might as well make it offical and post it out now anyway.

Well Sunday would have just been a video posted on youtube or their website. It's not they were doing another televised event like they did for MP last year. So essentially the May 4th reveal date will no longer happen.

It would be nice if they got rid of the MP reveal too... that way we don't have another stupid ass press even like last year, hosted by iCuntstine.
jloco11

Postby Neoroman » Fri May 02, 2014 7:53 pm

As I was watching this, I couldn't stop thinking "Now, how much of this cool shit is only available in the campaign?", because knowing the milked-beyond-hell Quake engine, you would really have to work some magical shit in order to have it work in multiplayer without people tripping over their dicks using it.
"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."

Neoroman
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby jloco11 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Neoroman wrote:As I was watching this, I couldn't stop thinking "Now, how much of this cool shit is only available in the campaign?", because knowing the milked-beyond-hell Quake engine, you would really have to work some magical shit in order to have it work in multiplayer without people tripping over their dicks using it.

Considering we had a Commando Lunge, I'm pretty sure that falcon kick crap will make it to MP.
jloco11

Postby Neoroman » Sat May 03, 2014 1:38 am

Amazon has detailed a little bit more of the game. Here's the quote from PC Gamer:

“Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.”

You could gather as much from watching the trailer, which really is worth a look, regardless of your feelings about the series.

As the trailer suggests and the Amazon page confirms, the exoskeleton suits seem like a huge aspect of the game, probably its defining characteristic. They’ll “enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.” Yes, that sounds an awful lot like Titanfall.

The game will have standard ammunition and “an all-new class of directed energy weaponry,” which one could only hope means lasers.

Finally, it looks like the hoverbikes you see in the trailer are not just for show. According to Amazon Advanced Warfare will give players all-new equipment, technology, perks, vehicles and highly specialized drones.
"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."

Neoroman
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby SmellyUndies » Sat May 03, 2014 4:04 am

Oh lord. When J sees this, no chance he'll even look at this game ever again.
As the trailer suggests and the Amazon page confirms, the exoskeleton suits seem like a huge aspect of the game, probably its defining characteristic. They’ll “enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.” Yes, that sounds an awful lot like Titanfall.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I saw the invisibility in the video... the chopper and the soldier had cloaking abilities.

That alone means I wouldn't play online. The campaign could be interesting, but spending $60 on a 4 hour campaign isn't something I will be too interested in doing if Destiny manages to create the awesomeness I am hoping for.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat May 03, 2014 5:57 pm

jloco11 wrote:The campaign could be interesting, but spending $60 on a 4 hour campaign isn't something I will be too interested in doing if Destiny manages to create the awesomeness I am hoping for.

See, the one thing I enjoy about CoD is the co-op. Well I enjoyed it in MW2 and MW3, the other games I found it rather poor.
But if Destiny reaches it's true potential, well it's all co-op if you want it to be, so yeah, that could be pretty damn awesome, it's true. Fingers crossed.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby jloco11 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-o ... 0-6419416/

Apparently Sledgehammer was working on a Vietnam era war game prior to this bullshit. But with the Infinity Ward disaster, they were thrown into MW3 and dropped their Vietnam project.
jloco11

PreviousNext

Return to Call of Duty General