Currently playing.

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Currently playing.

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Share which games you're currently playing! Surprised this isn't already a topic somewhere.

I just started playing No heroes allowed! VR
Originally it was a game on the psp where you needed to create a monster army to stop heroes in their tracks. This is similar but instead of waiting for heroes to come to your dungeon, you seek to pillage their bases and castle and conquer the world. The quicker you succeed the better. There is a monster food chain so there's plenty to set it apart from your average real time strategy game.

Also playing King's Quest, an adventure game with excellent voice acting and a fun plot. Very entertaining.

And enjoying a bit of Laser League which we just got on ps+. Good fun for a quick game or two.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Currently playing.

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

I've been playing Spiderman when I get the chance, and have just started downloading Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Spiderman's pretty great, although I keep getting lost in some busywork. I love the swinging mechanics and parkour. It feels great to traverse the map for the most part.

And I'm looking forward to starting Kiwami 2. Yakuza Kiwami was one of the most video game video games I've played for a while, so I'm hoping the second one is as enjoyable. It's also 25% off on the store until the 17th I believe.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm

I'm looking forward to trying out Spiderman, decided I'd wait a bit, for either the GOTY version or a good sale. It's been very successful so I suppose we can be confident in a sequel happening. Not played a Yakuza game before.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:31 am

At the moment I am mostly lost in Divinity Original Sin 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2. Good time for sequels, apparently. Plus some Overwatch and Friday the 13th mixed in.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Sounds great! Pro tip on RDR2, apparently turning 4k and HDR settings off if playing on the pro makes it look better. For more detail on that, check out the digital foundry article on Eurogamer. But yeah, basically the 4k settings and HDR weren't done properly and makes the game actually look worse.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:19 am

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Sounds great! Pro tip on RDR2, apparently turning 4k and HDR settings off if playing on the pro makes it look better. For more detail on that, check out the digital foundry article on Eurogamer. But yeah, basically the 4k settings and HDR weren't done properly and makes the game actually look worse.
I wonder if they removed them entirely as a result of this? I went to go check to see if I had them turned on, and I couldn't find any settings pertaining to it all. Game is extremely pretty though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Just beat Call of Cthulhu a game not worth $60 and would recommend to play it at $20 or lower. Also played the tetris effect demo and loved it.

Been playing a bit of Death Mark each night. A horror visual novel on the vita which is perfect in bed at night. Probably the game I'm enjoying the most right now. Also 2064 Read Only Memories I'm really not too into it, but I'm halfway through it. It's a sci fi cyberpunk visual novel and its interesting, but the text speed can't be modified and voices don't match which just irks me. Of course you can turn the voices off, but still.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Treehugger wrote:Just beat Call of Cthulhu a game not worth $60 and would recommend to play it at $20 or lower. Also played the tetris effect demo and loved it.

Been playing a bit of Death Mark each night. A horror visual novel on the vita which is perfect in bed at night. Probably the game I'm enjoying the most right now. Also 2064 Read Only Memories I'm really not too into it, but I'm halfway through it. It's a sci fi cyberpunk visual novel and its interesting, but the text speed can't be modified and voices don't match which just irks me. Of course you can turn the voices off, but still.
I started 2064 but didn;t get far. I like it, and will go back to it, just other things took preference. Call of Cthulhu looks interesting too, but full price seems a bit much for it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Games