Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:43 pm

So, who has given this a go already?

Played a fair bit today with Fatman and some mutual friends, and I'm loving it so far. I have a few complaints; I hate that you can't customise your character, and that you can't preview gear before picking it up, but other than that it seems really solid. Works brilliantly in co-op.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Appears to be the best hack & slash on any console by quite a bit. Certainly not perfect but I'm happy I preordered it. Great that they put thought into lower level friends joining in with higher level ones and making it work.

Seems a bit too easy so far but not far into it yet. Plus there's hardcore mode to consider.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

After finding the game pretty easy so far I've been on Torment mode recently, and allow me to say that is is utterly nails. Sometimes it can be a bit boring to be honest because some enemies just take so long to go down but, hey, the loot and XP are good.

I took on a boss in Act V that was a hell of a fight and elected to record it, so take a look if you want to see what Torment is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSOfqPammOc

(Please read video description. Not embedded it, because that removes the annotations)

Edit: Holy shit it goes all the way to Torment VI, I am fucked
Double edit: Yeah, it's completely impossible at the minute. Maybe with four high level players...
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Just did a run on torment myself, in hardcore mode. On a greater rift. Pretty mental, but in a good way, I love the challenge.
I managed torment 2 difficulty normal rift yesterday but it was too dangerous on hardcore so won't be doing that again for a while.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Decided to see how many times I could level up in five minutes in Diablo 3, and it was about time I gave the Demon Hunter a try. Your equipment doesn't level up with you but the monsters do so best to try and not get to carried away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=4x7nKRca7yk
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Decided to see how many times I could level up in five minutes in Diablo 3, and it was about time I gave the Demon Hunter a try. Your equipment doesn't level up with you but the monsters do so best to try and not get to carried away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=4x7nKRca7yk

Nice work! Certainly a lot more fun than my level boosting method of trying to do one particular mission repeatedly.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Yes, my way took a lot longer but I did enjoy every minute of it. All the updates have added a lot of depth to the endgame as well which is nice. I will miss this game when I'm done. But thankfully we'll soon have a few more isometric games on PS4. Hopefully with more variety than Helldivers.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Yes, my way took a lot longer but I did enjoy every minute of it. All the updates have added a lot of depth to the endgame as well which is nice. I will miss this game when I'm done. But thankfully we'll soon have a few more isometric games on PS4. Hopefully with more variety than Helldivers.
All I know is Wasteland 2 was awesome on the PC, so I can't wait for the console release
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Leg1t MoneyMaka » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks for the link didn't even notice this. But I agree this is a great game, from my xbox one experience anyway
Leg1t MoneyMaka
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Return to Games