Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Postby jloco11 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Honestly, Ubisoft is really underperforming right now, and their most eye catching game on their list, might fall victim to some of the problems their other games are falling into right now.

So far the The Division LOOKED impressive in demos when it comes to graphics. But just look at the list of games they've released and are releasing that is growing some concern from gamers and rightfully so:

- Watchdogs. I said it from the first trailer - The material being shown will not be in the game. They did it with Assassins Creed and they were going to do it again with Watchdogs, but Ubisoft knows how to make an impressive CGI rendering of their VISION of a game... but can't follow through on gameplay. They make it look cool, but no game ever has everything in long presentation demos (hello Destiny!).

- The Crew. Largest, open world racing game ever made. Partially true and partially false judging by the demo & reactions from the demo. Most say the racing is pretty much on point, but the always online persistent open world is a bit of a reach. It's open, it's persistent... but after that it's kinda like Destiny. What the fuck do you do with all that open empty space? The Division is promising a grand open world map to play in. Much like AC, Wathdogs and The Crew.

- AC Unity & Rogue. Also known as Assassins Creed of Duty since it's now being milked for everything it's worth. Review embargos, no advanced copies and minimal marketing for Rogue signal Ubisoft didn't trust this game. They also said the frame rate was locked at 30FPS for a smoother experience... yet the biggest technical problem is dropping frame rates! The Division has not given it's full specs, but the general consensus was the opening CGI trailer was at 60FPS, but the most recent gameplay trailer was at 30FPS.

- Far Cry 4. Probably the game with the least amount of concern, since it seems their open world grand vision of a game might be on point with this one... until eagle eyed players snooping around noticed some curious DLC pieces. It seems Far Cry is going to have in game, microtransaction DLC to unlock all the game has to offer! You pay $60 for the game, but $30 is locked on disc already, as well as microtransactions for content. So while the other 3 have gameplay issues, this has content locking issues.

5 games from Ubisoft, 1 overmarketed, 2 feeling incomplete, 1 with an empty open world and another with locked content. I have a very bad feeling The Division is going to be a big disappointment. It looked great, but Ubi delivering a great game is really in question.
jloco11

Re: Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:32 pm

As much as I want to remain optimistic I have to agree, Ubi had definitely been flagging lately.

I think I'll still likely enjoy it, mind.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm worried about The Division the most. So far its pretty much an MMO with amazing graphics...and going by Ubisoft track record that means it will probably be a MMO with standard graphics and cut features. Far Cry 4 actually looks impressive and similar to all the trailers, I don't mind microtransactions when its little items, but story DLC I have problem with. Though I believe I will enjoy the game, if I can have fun with the game I will look pass the graphical downgrade if its not too major.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby SmellyUndies » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Treehugger wrote:I'm worried about The Division the most. So far its pretty much an MMO with amazing graphics...and going by Ubisoft track record that means it will probably be a MMO with standard graphics and cut features. Far Cry 4 actually looks impressive and similar to all the trailers, I don't mind microtransactions when its little items, but story DLC I have problem with. Though I believe I will enjoy the game, if I can have fun with the game I will look pass the graphical downgrade if its not too major.

I think The Division won't be much of MMO.
I think the max amount of players that could be together is like 5-6...
even that is stretch.

Also I am betting that The Division on PS4/XB1 won't hold 60FPS, it'll most likely be locked at 30FPS with frame drops.
This is Ubisoft we're talking about, the paupers of optimization, they're lazy and shitty with that department.

Even the PC elitists will have trouble holding the game at 60FPS.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Unity only amplified all of my misgivings, but the strong reviews Far Cry 4 has been receiving has helped alleviate my concerns a little. Curious.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby benjiman0 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Unity only amplified all of my misgivings, but the strong reviews Far Cry 4 has been receiving has helped alleviate my concerns a little. Curious.

I agree, any slither of hope for The Division was solely resting on how good people think Far Cry 4 is, and so far, that little slither might just be enough. I'm still waiting to see what others say, but I too have seen some really good reviews from Far Cry 4
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby Treehugger » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 am

I personally enjoyed Far Cry 4. In terms of story, gameplay, and etc it has its ups and downs. In terms of glitches,bugs, and problems it had a nearly flawless launch. I had no problem, but some people experienced a save bug where autosave didn't work.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:21 pm

The worrying continues. This is a screencap from the closed Xbox One beta that people are breaking the NDAs to post. So the Alpha looks like that, while the initial reveal trailer has this:

I said this game is following Watchdogs path, and I have a feeling it's really going to fall short of what they showed 2 years ago.
jloco11

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:58 am

Will wait on reviews, and to see a lot of in game footage of the finished game. Definitely not pre-ordering.
Hopefully it will be a great game but I'm not going to gamble on it.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Tristko » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:37 am

Is that game even a thing still? From the amount of time it has been delayed I forgot it even existed.
Tristko
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Next

Return to Games