Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Re: Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Postby jloco11 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:While it's hard to draw firm conclusions just from footage, as I don't have the beta , I'm certainly getting a better vibe than I did for the Destiny beta. I had some misgivings pretty early on with that.

My concern is sci-fi versus realism.

With Destiny being sci-fi, they could do virtually anything they wanted, and just explain that by space magic! Want flaming hammers? Space Magic! Want a boss that grows to 400 times his size? Space Magic! Want the ability to survive on Mercury? Space Magic.

The Division confines itself to realistic items, yet the enemies are bullet sponges. It's restricted by their own game parameters. And if they stray away from that, they're going to have a hard time explaining that.
While I would prefer higher bullet damage, I don't see how it's different than any other 'realistic' game, with very few exceptions. Regenerating health, magic medi-kits, absence of recoil or weight, etc.

I got in on the beta last night for a few hours (will write a more detailed review)... but the bullet sponge enemies are a big annoyance. I mean clip after clip after clip of headshots into a boss and they just keep coming at you.

The fodder enemies die quickly, but "bosses" just absorb grenades, noob tubes, headshots and shotgun blasts like nothing. No armor on them or anything, just shitloads of health for no reason.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:31 pm

jloco11 wrote:I got in on the beta last night for a few hours (will write a more detailed review)... but the bullet sponge enemies are a big annoyance. I mean clip after clip after clip of headshots into a boss and they just keep coming at you.

The fodder enemies die quickly, but "bosses" just absorb grenades, noob tubes, headshots and shotgun blasts like nothing. No armor on them or anything, just shitloads of health for no reason.

Oh I see, I'm sorry, I thought you just meant other players/NPCs. Yeah, that sounds like it could be pretty annoying.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:I got in on the beta last night for a few hours (will write a more detailed review)... but the bullet sponge enemies are a big annoyance. I mean clip after clip after clip of headshots into a boss and they just keep coming at you.

Oh I see, I'm sorry, I thought you just meant other players/NPCs. Yeah, that sounds like it could be pretty annoying.

Other players like PvP aren't too bad... yes they take a LOT of bullets, but people do not regain health unless they use a health pack.

There are different levels of AI enemies. Red bar health ones die in a few bullets... like 2-3 headshots with an AR or SMG.

Purple enemies have "shields", so you have to remove the purple bar by shooting a shitload of clips into them, and once the shield is gone, you take away their health in like 2-3 bodyshot bullets. But it takes like 20-30 bullets to remove the shield. They don't visually look any different than red bar enemies, it's not like they're wearing bulletproof vests or helmets. They just take more shots because of a purple bar.

Finally there are mini bosses with yellow bars of health. It takes 6-7 full CLIPS of ammo just to remove their shield. That was fucking irritating. The boss you fought in the story mission, was a guy with an LMG, where you sink clip after clip after clip into him. And since he has endless bullets and can regenerate health on his own (he uses med packs to heal himself), you have little time to shoot him. All he does is spam bullets at you, and he's the perfect boss for multiple people to tackle.... but if you're solo, have fun wasting all your ammo.
jloco11

Previous

Return to Games