Bethesda Don't Understand Trophies

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Bethesda Don't Understand Trophies

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 pm

So, I had been thinking about getting Elder Scrolls Online. Now, any of you that have been here for a while will probably know that I am by no means a fan of the company, and I was very vocal about my dislike of Skyrim in particular. But I have friends playing this, so I was considering it on that basis.

Took a look at the trophies today. Turns out the Platinum is basically impossible. Apparently not learning from the horror of multiplayer leaderboard trophies in games like Killzone 2, they decided to include the Emperor trophy.

Taking the Emperor title requires you to be #1 on the leadeboard, with your faction controlling all of the available keeps. You need to be be in a very large and very active group to take the keeps, and then you need to be the top ranked player in that group. It's insane. Apparently PC players have been known to play 12 hours a day every day and still stand no chance of getting it. And speaking of PC players, you have to contend with players who already have characters imported from the PC version who are hacked up the wazoo and massivey overpowered. Thus far there has been one single Emperor.

From what I've seen Bethesda are not only ignoring feedback, but actively suppressing it. Lot of testimony from players on PS3T indicating that posts are getting deleted at an alarming rate on the official forums. Though I've even seen players defending it, for some reason under the impression that being opposed to a trophy as bullshit as this is the same as wanting it handing to you.

At any rate, it's most definitely put me way off getting the game.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bethesda Don't Understand Trophies

Postby deathbynumbers » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Holy shit that is nuts. The killzone 2 trophy was nothing like that, you just had to be in the top 1% of players for that week or something if I remember correctly. Which wasn't that difficult when loads of people were playing. I imagine the fewer players the harder that one would get though. Why would they put something like that in? That sounds impossible.
deathbynumbers

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 pm

deathbynumbers wrote:Holy shit that is nuts. The killzone 2 trophy was nothing like that, you just had to be in the top 1% of players for that week or something if I remember correctly. Which wasn't that difficult when loads of people were playing. I imagine the fewer players the harder that one would get though. Why would they put something like that in? That sounds impossible.
Someone came up with a schedule to stick to if you wanted to stand a chance at getting it. Bearing in mind this is for the PC version, it's harder for consoles.
http://deltiasgaming.com/wp-content/upl ... hedule.png

I don't know why they'd put something like this in but it's bafflingly stupid. And they just don't care.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Bethesda fucking something up? And then ignoring it and pretending the problem doesn't exist?

Nah, never happens! Never happened at all with this fine quality studio of magnificence.

I'd seriously setup a lawn chair with popcorn and sunglasses to watch someone burn their studio down to ashes. I'd even supply them with additional gasoline if necessary
jloco11

Return to Games