Anyone else just getting "stuck" in Metal Gear?

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Anyone else just getting "stuck" in Metal Gear?

Postby jloco11 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:23 pm

This is frustrating the shit out of me and I don't know if it's just bad game design or the game is freezing on me. But I can't get the game to advance during certain parts, and I can't tell what the fuck is going on. I've watched youtube videos, followed the instructions, yet nothing fucking happens.

Cases in point:

1) I finished one of the first missions of the game where you had to extract a bad guy in a compound (mission #3 I think). I get him out, I get out of sight and Ocelot tells me mission complete. Yet when I go to access the next mission, I get a message saying that I am in a current mission, do I want to abandon this one. Huh? I completed it?!?!?! I even went and did the side ops included in the mission, yet at no point does it kick over to allow me to select the next mission.

Got everything done, still nothing. Doesn't let me do anything. I turn off the game, turn it back on... and get a mission complete screen. 50+ minutes. Yeah, because the majority of that time I spent trying to figure out what the fuck was going on!

2) The next mission did the same exact thing. And now I get back to Mother Base (collected my puppy too). I'm wandering around the base, there's no indicator or anything for me to do. I checked with every member or whatever and nothing is triggering. Ok, so let me pick a mission....... All grayed out, nothing available. So now I am stuck on Mother Base with nothing to do, no indicator, no way point, no objective.

Seriously, what the fuck? 2 missions in and they just "hang" indefinitely doing nothing and now I can't get off the base because the shit doesn't tell me what I need to do.
jloco11

Re: Anyone else just getting "stuck" in Metal Gear?

Postby Treehugger » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:38 pm

That's weird. I've put in about 20 hours into the game and only encountered one problem. As soon as I beat the prologue it went to a timer that was frozen and wouldn't met continue. I had to delete the game, turn off my ps4, turn it on, and reinstall the game to let me continue. Everything after that has been smooth.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Treehugger wrote:That's weird. I've put in about 20 hours into the game and only encountered one problem. As soon as I beat the prologue it went to a timer that was frozen and wouldn't met continue. I had to delete the game, turn off my ps4, turn it on, and reinstall the game to let me continue. Everything after that has been smooth.

When you complete missions, what happens? Do you need to do something else? Do you need to do all the side quests or side ops or something, because this shit is frustrating.

I spent 20 minutes last night just on MotherBase with no way to get off the motherfucker, because the game just sits there and does nothing.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:56 pm

jloco11 wrote:
Treehugger wrote:That's weird. I've put in about 20 hours into the game and only encountered one problem. As soon as I beat the prologue it went to a timer that was frozen and wouldn't met continue. I had to delete the game, turn off my ps4, turn it on, and reinstall the game to let me continue. Everything after that has been smooth.

When you complete missions, what happens? Do you need to do something else? Do you need to do all the side quests or side ops or something, because this shit is frustrating.

I spent 20 minutes last night just on MotherBase with no way to get off the motherfucker, because the game just sits there and does nothing.
Call the helicopter for pickup. It sort of acts as your mission control, you accept missions from there.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:58 pm

What Mush said. You can't accept missions on mother base minus the target ones. In order to accept missions you have to be in the helicopter or in the field.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Well after putting 70 hours into this game. I must say this is a decent game....not really amazing. For everything this game does right it does something wrong. The story and boss fights are weak. In fact you can't really call some of them boss fights when you can just run away from them. I think the game relied too much on the unit boss fights. They were just devoid of personality and back story. Unlike MGS3 and 4 which were a unit, but we fought all them as individuals and was me involved. In MGS V they are just a pain in the ass.The man on fire...was disappointing. Not saying it wasn't fun, because it was.
Spoiler: show
However it was lacking as his only boss fight. If that had been his 2nd encounter and we finished him off in the third. That would have been decent, but he runs off....and dies from the final boss. It just felt weak....and then in Chapter 2 where we technically see him the 3rd time. We find out who he is and he dies all in the same cut scene without fighting him. Also the second chapter being artificial inflated with the same missions just on higher difficulty. Extreme difficulty my ass. Basically one shot of anything kills you. An enemy could spit on your ankles and it would kill you. Not to mention the true ending of MGS V when you find out your not playing Big Boss at all, but just someone who had surgery to look like him. The main problem is the decent of Big Boss. This game was supposed to link to MGS 1 and show how he went from a legendary soldier to the antagonist of the early MGS games. It didn't really portray that at all.

Also for anyone going to 100% the game. If you plan on using a buddy called quiet.
Spoiler: show
Very late in the game around episode 40 or something an outbreak occurs and after you deal with that she will leave. You can do a mission to find her, and then a mission to rescue her. After that though she is gone forever. However you can prevent this by placing a butterfly emblem. This will void the missions completely so she won't leave. So you can finish up all the missions/ side missions with her and then do her storyline last if you want. Once you take the emblem off the missions will be back up, you just have to make a return trop to motherbase.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:13 pm

I've spent all my time in the game doing side ops instead of the actual missions! I find the side ops more entertaining than the actual game, because it takes way less fucking time to do.

My biggest pet peeve has been the constant repeating of the villages. Shialo, Wahk Sind, etc. Every fucking side ops has occurred in like 1 of 4 areas and it's getting pretty boring running into the same village with more enemies.

I think the story goes to different areas of the game, but the side ops are all in the same locations.
jloco11

Postby Treehugger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:20 pm

The side ops do get repetitive. Some of them you do 10-15 times just in different areas. You will tend to visit the same areas a lot. It doesn't help that a lot of areas look the same. Rocks, towers, rubble, and a couple of buildings next to sand, trees, and some grass. I mean you do have some bases, mines, airports, and etc but most of the areas are really similar. The main missions does have a lot more areas though. Once you do main missions you can do more side ops in these areas.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:01 pm

I maintain that this is not Metal Gear Solid V, but Peace Walker 2. It's alright. I'm enjoying it, I think it's a good game, but I'm also horribly disappointed because it's so far removed from what Metal Gear Solid always has been. It's not what I wanted. I just hope Metal Gear Online is up to par.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm

From a lore standpoint (no spoilers or anything).......... the game definitely falls out of the scope of what Big Boss SHOULD be doing.

All the other games had Snake (either one of them) focusing on a large scale plot that centered around that fucking walking tank. This game has more menial jobs, which is going to lead to his showdown with Skullface and his version of Metal Gear.

But from MGS1 through MGS4, each game had scheme out in front of you of what your overall objective was. Yes, they were far more linear.... but with an open world concept here, it's leading to far more "minor" points that fall out of context of what the greatest soldier should be doing. You knew you had to stop Rex, Liquid, Ocelot etc in other games. Here, you're building towards a final mission, but you don't quite know what it is yet.

I get that the Fulton system is showing how Big Boss built up Outer Heaven and Zanzibar, but these sound like things any decent soldier could do. Not just Big Boss alone. Scope doesn't feel right for what the end game needs to be. And part of that is Kojima creating such a horribly convoluted plot, that tying up loose ends is virtually impossible....... because each game needs a twist to surprise you.
jloco11

Next

Return to Games