Anyone else just getting "stuck" in Metal Gear?

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Re: Anyone else just getting "stuck" in Metal Gear?

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:29 pm

jloco11 wrote:From a lore standpoint (no spoilers or anything).......... the game definitely falls out of the scope of what Big Boss SHOULD be doing.

All the other games had Snake (either one of them) focusing on a large scale plot that centered around that fucking walking tank. This game has more menial jobs, which is going to lead to his showdown with Skullface and his version of Metal Gear.

But from MGS1 through MGS4, each game had scheme out in front of you of what your overall objective was. Yes, they were far more linear.... but with an open world concept here, it's leading to far more "minor" points that fall out of context of what the greatest soldier should be doing. You knew you had to stop Rex, Liquid, Ocelot etc in other games. Here, you're building towards a final mission, but you don't quite know what it is yet.

I get that the Fulton system is showing how Big Boss built up Outer Heaven and Zanzibar, but these sound like things any decent soldier could do. Not just Big Boss alone. Scope doesn't feel right for what the end game needs to be. And part of that is Kojima creating such a horribly convoluted plot, that tying up loose ends is virtually impossible....... because each game needs a twist to surprise you.
Part of the problem is that all the loose ends were already tied up. MGS4 was damn near perfect, and it wrapped up pretty much every plot thread throughout the series. Then Peace Walker came along and threw in a load of new shit and here we are.

Not only can other soldiers be capable of what Big Boss is doing... the game encourages you to use other soldiers. In fact, my main operative on Peace Walker was a woman with better combat stats than Big Boss. I imagine once I start to recruit S rank soldiers on this, it will be the same story.

Nonetheless, whatever twist they might have in mind looks like it might undermine either the events of this game or those of MGS4 and other games. I don't get it. Like, Big Boss in MGS4 was significantly less scarred than he is in this, no stupid bloody shrapnel in his head, no apparent sign of a bionic hand. No mention ever made of Master Miller losing limbs in previous games, and indeed he looked quite healthy in the artwork for MGS1. I don't know, it feels like they are messing with things that ought be left alone.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 pm

Alright, this is getting fucking ridiculous.
I had a side op in the airport to rescue a prisoner and a captured Diamond Dog. So I went in, couldn't find my guy anywhere despite interrogating every single soldier there, and took out everyone and everything in the entire base while I did.

Gave up, left and tried again. All the previously dead soldiers had been replaced, and the damage I'd done to fences had been fixed despite me coming straight back. Once again, I killed everyone there (note that I usually play non-lethal) just so I could look around without being bothered. I looked basically everywhere until I found the bastard on a roof. For one, that makes zero goddamn sense, why put him there if he'd been captured?

Anyway, so after destroying everything and everyone in the base twice, I have to come back for a story mission. Lo and behold, everyone was back, the fences were fixed, and there were even security camers. Fine, I finished it.

Now I'm back AGAIN to find some fucking blueprints. I've combed over this entire facility, every fucking inch of it, at least twice. Just fucking put it there for me to find it the first time. I'm sick of this.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LivingSky » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Alright, this is getting fucking ridiculous.
I had a side op in the airport to rescue a prisoner and a captured Diamond Dog. So I went in, couldn't find my guy anywhere despite interrogating every single soldier there, and took out everyone and everything in the entire base while I did.

Gave up, left and tried again. All the previously dead soldiers had been replaced, and the damage I'd done to fences had been fixed despite me coming straight back. Once again, I killed everyone there (note that I usually play non-lethal) just so I could look around without being bothered. I looked basically everywhere until I found the bastard on a roof. For one, that makes zero goddamn sense, why put him there if he'd been captured?

Anyway, so after destroying everything and everyone in the base twice, I have to come back for a story mission. Lo and behold, everyone was back, the fences were fixed, and there were even security camers. Fine, I finished it.

Now I'm back AGAIN to find some fucking blueprints. I've combed over this entire facility, every fucking inch of it, at least twice. Just fucking put it there for me to find it the first time. I'm sick of this.

From what I've been told some blueprints apparently don't spawn until you clear some story missions, maybe that's what happen with that one. and about the prisoner thing, that's why I always bring the doggy for those types of missions. That little bastard detects everybody before I even get to the base.
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Edit: Missions are repetitive.
Last edited by Treehugger on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 am

I'm getting pissed off with this game now. I know some of you are aware already but now they are literally fucking copying and pasting main missions and just adding a difficulty modifier. It's utter horse shit.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Edit: Repetitive modifier missions are bullshit.
Last edited by Treehugger on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Treehugger » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Edit: I fuck up in side ops, but at least I finished them all.
Last edited by Treehugger on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:52 pm

yeah, it just offers you the opportunity to replay some, presumably for increased income and chances for more staff
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arnold Sideways » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Treehugger wrote:Oh MGS how I fucking love you. Managed to finish all the side missions today all 157, but not without issues.

One of the side missions the R&D target practice was a bitch to finish. However once I did finish it as soon as I did another side op for some reason it deleted the progress forcing me to redo it.

This occurred in 1-2 other side missions.

Another side mission was completely my fault, but I had to extract a target alive. I clear 90% of the area and then call in my heli since the mission is going to be finished soon. The LZ is in the middle of the mission. As I'm choking the dude I need to extract Pequod decides to light him up. Like seriously first of all I didn't tell you to shoot at shit. Two bloody Pequod why would you fire at a target literally next to me. I don't know if you can die from your own friendlies, but I don't want to find out. This actually happened 2-3 times in different missions where the target isn't just exterminate. It plainly says extrac, you think Pequod would know the difference.

Mission where you have to disarm mines, these are simple. I'm in the middle of disarming one and then I'm on my fucking back. Turn around its a bear. The last time I saw a bear it took like 20 trans and 3 minutes of running around a rock before it went down. I get up and run right into one of the last 2 mines I didn't defuse yet by some miracle I'm alive, long enough for the bear to kill me before I get up.

Another side mission was I believe eliminate the tank unit. I don't remember which one. Most of the time I just blow them to hell with a missile strike and clean up the survivors. However a certain one before I could even land the gunship in the air spots me, leading to one of the two tanks on the ground blowing me out of the sky before I could even land. At least give me a chance to defend myself.

Welp, no more main missions I wish this game had NG+. Guess I will just build up by base. Just need 2 more upgrades and the main one is maxed out. Then I can work on the FOB's and wait until MGO comes online, but the way the servers are going I wonder how it will be at launch.

Its mainly the missions that somehow uncheck themselves and make me redo them which annoys me the most. Not to mention the fact that some missions even when I finish them don't register at all. Sometimes I have to finish a side op 4-5 times before it finally says I've done it. After I complete them they are still on the map saying incomplete, but in the checklist it says I'm good.
Arnold Sideways
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby Treehugger » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Edit: Resources are scarce.
Last edited by Treehugger on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

PreviousNext

Return to Games