Metal Gear Online

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Metal Gear Online

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:21 am

Tomorrow, Metal Gear Online finally goes active! I've been waiting for this for a very long time, and I'm excited to give it a go. Sincere sympathy to my PC friends who have to wait longer. Console players, anybody interesting in breaking it in? Would be great to get a game going with some of you.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Metal Gear Online

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Had some fun with it earlier, quite a few changes but still feels like MGO. Customisation seems quite limited but I think it will open up a bit when you level up a few levels.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Had some fun with it earlier, quite a few changes but still feels like MGO. Customisation seems quite limited but I think it will open up a bit when you level up a few levels.
I'm currently installing it. It is agonising.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Early game options seem, well, pretty shit to be honest. Can't even customise your loadout, seriously? Urgh. I hope it opens up a lot more. Matchmaking seems a bit naff too. Hope you can level up in private matches like last time. Had a quick look and it seemed like all of the available lobbies were locked.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kruunkk_kelsey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I do! I absolutely loved mgo2 I played it all the time. I can't wait to play team sneak again. I loved it when people did the cops and robber lobby
Kruunkk_kelsey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Kruunkk_kelsey wrote:I do! I absolutely loved mgo2 I played it all the time. I can't wait to play team sneak again. I loved it when people did the cops and robber lobby
Team Sneak was great fun, definitely one of the tenser modes. Feel free to add me on PSN if you want to play sometime, same as my username.

Gameplay at least feel svery familiar, be interesting to see what more they bring to the game. I assume we're set to see more maps and gear given the currently low number. I do miss the knife though.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kruunkk_kelsey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Kruunkk_kelsey wrote:I do! I absolutely loved mgo2 I played it all the time. I can't wait to play team sneak again. I loved it when people did the cops and robber lobby
Team Sneak was great fun, definitely one of the tenser modes. Feel free to add me on PSN if you want to play sometime, same as my username.

Gameplay at least feel svery familiar, be interesting to see what more they bring to the game. I assume we're set to see more maps and gear given the currently low number. I do miss the knife though.

I will add you when I get home. Unfortunately I won't be home much this week to play but I will be playing a lot this weekend. Yeah that knife...I was awful with it I could never do it right xD
Isn't mgo3 live right now?
Kruunkk_kelsey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Kruunkk_kelsey wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:

I will add you when I get home. Unfortunately I won't be home much this week to play but I will be playing a lot this weekend. Yeah that knife...I was awful with it I could never do it right xD

Yeah, it went live today. Public games are a little hard to come by without searching manually but I'm sure it'll pick up. Unfortunately a lot is locked from the start, have to level up a bit first to open up some flexibility. Which is annoying, because at the moment I'm saddled with an assault rifle and the tranq pistol, neither of which I like using.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kruunkk_kelsey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
Kruunkk_kelsey wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:

Yeah, it went live today. Public games are a little hard to come by without searching manually but I'm sure it'll pick up. Unfortunately a lot is locked from the start, have to level up a bit first to open up some flexibility. Which is annoying, because at the moment I'm saddled with an assault rifle and the tranq pistol, neither of which I like using.

Wow I'm jealous I can't wait to play. Do they have a lot of custom stuff like mgo2? Where you go win points to buy outfits? That was my favorite part.
And does the stuff you do in story have effect online?
Kruunkk_kelsey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Kruunkk_kelsey wrote:Wow I'm jealous I can't wait to play. Do they have a lot of custom stuff like mgo2? Where you go win points to buy outfits? That was my favorite part.
And does the stuff you do in story have effect online?
There's not loads at the moment but I'm hoping we'll get more at some point, maybe unlocking more as we rank up. Looks like you earn a kind of ingame currency that you use to buy new items, and new colours for your clothes. You can also use MB coins for a small number of 'special' colours like silver, gold and animal patterns.

The character you design at the start of the main game is your first online avatar (you can make more when you unlock the slots) but otherwise it doesn't look like your SP progress has any effect. Which is a shame, I would have at least liked the option to use your Diamond Dogs soldiers online.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Games